Confirmed Trade: [NJD/STL] Jon Gillies for future considerations

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Ok , where is the Tarasenko part of the trade ?

Devils are in a world of hurt.
Everyone but Bratt is regressing , Smith has been garbage , Blackwood has been average at best. The PP has been at the bottom of the league for years and most of t he kids are looking like crap.
If this is the only move Fitz makes , its going to be a long ass season once again .

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
They couldn’t even get a 7th for him? At least if they let him be claimed on waivers they would have gotten like 30-40k from the waiver payment lol

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Ok , where is the Tarasenko part of the trade ?

Devils are in a world of hurt.
Everyone but Bratt is regressing , Smith has been garbage , Blackwood has been average at best. The PP has been at the bottom of the league for years and most of t he kids are looking like crap.
If this is the only move Fitz makes , its going to be a long ass season once again .

I think for the time being that ship has sailed. I wouldn’t be shocked if some of our depth is traded though as we start to get healthy. A lot of guys have been performing well who were called up recently as were missing about half our regulars

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
He was a highly touted prospect form the Flames. Just a guess , but being traded for "future considerations" to me = depth for AHL and no , is not good but still might have a touch of potential ?

I actually remember him now, didn't realize he was even still playing

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
This is exactly the type of move the devils desperately needed. Now we can really go for the cup. Definitely playoff locks now. Bravo Fitz for improving us....

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I guess something had to be done with all of the injuries to the goalies in our system.

I’m kind of torn. Part of me is hoping for a bigger trade to help improve the team and part of me thinks it’s best just to ride the season out again and not trade anything away.

Only pieces I’d really want to trade right now are Subban, Tatar, Kuokannen, and Johnsson. Not much value there so we’d have to part with something more important to land something worthwhile. Not sure if I’m ready for that yet.

I’d rather see what a coaching change does. Not Ruff just yet, but Recchi and Nasardine can go any time now.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I guess something had to be done with all of the injuries to the goalies in our system.

I’m kind of torn. Part of me is hoping for a bigger trade to help improve the team and part of me thinks it’s best just to ride the season out again and not trade anything away.

Only pieces I’d really want to trade right now are Subban, Tatar, Kuokannen, and Johnsson. Not much value there so we’d have to part with something more important to land something worthwhile. Not sure if I’m ready for that yet.

I’d rather see what a coaching change does. Not Ruff just yet, but Recchi and Nasardine can go any time now.
Follow up trade will be Georgiev to The yotes in a pkg that includes Kessel for a playoff run. Ftz then gets a pkg of Georgiev and Lybushkin for XX and there we have it our Benier replacement. Georgie then dishes soem hot info on his former team and we use the intel to send them spiraling to the basement, in the standings!
Time to wake up from my dream!

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Follow up trade will be Georgiev to The yotes in a pkg that includes Kessel for a playoff run. Ftz then gets a pkg of Georgiev and Lybushkin for XX and there we have it our Benier replacement. Georgie then dishes soem hot info on his former team and we use the intel to send them spiraling to the basement, in the standings!
Time to wake up from my dream!
upload_2021-12-15_15-59-23.gif

Reactions: MaWa and Morrison

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019

Firing Nas & Recchi ain't gonna do a damn thing. If we are gonna fire people they all need to go including Ruff. No coaches remaining from this giant mess. Start from scratch. Bring in a name like Torts. As far as trading players is concerned I'm willing to trade anyone not named Hughes, Nico, Mercer, Bratt, Graves & Hamilton. No one on our team is special enough to warrant not being trade bait.

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad