Post-Game Talk: NJD @ NYR: Tune-up for the Playoffs

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I don't see what the ****ing big deal is with this UncleDaddy™ stuff.

I mean, there's enough of Fatso to go around right?

But in all seriousness, I wish people would stay out of personal lives of sports stars as a general policy.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't see what the ****ing big deal is with this UncleDaddyâ„¢ stuff.

I mean, there's enough of Fatso to go around right?

But in all seriousness, I wish people would stay out of personal lives of sports stars as a general policy.

Well played :nod:

I liked what we saw, for the most part, from the Rangers today. Great to get Hank another shutout, and hopefully a Vezina nom!

Let's rest up, and get ready for Boston/Montreal/Washington :yo: Can't imagine any one of them WANT to play the Rangers next week.

Very excited to see how some players (Nash, mostly) handle NY Playoffs. If today was any indicator, I think we'll be okay. Also Zucc's first NHL playoff experience. Will be interesting to see how he handles the higher intensity.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So, I had to miss today's game, how did we look? And who are we playing?

right now Washington, unless Ottawa wins at least one of their remaining 2 games and gets a point in the other one. If that happens, then we play either Boston or Montreal.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
right now Washington, unless Ottawa wins at least one of their remaining 2 games and gets a point in the other one. If that happens, then we play either Boston or Montreal.

88.6% chance that we play Washington with OTT down 1-0 right now.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Great game to be at. We want Marty chants were gold.

There was some idiot who was drunk from puck drop who was sitting 2 rows behind me. Would not shut up. Was chanting We Want Pittsburgh, which by that point wouldn't happen unless Lundqvist scored 5 goals on himself.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
If the top 6 gets broken up before the PO's there needs to be criminal prosecution going Torts way, because they looked amazing today.

Them Nash goals.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Devils fans:

attachment.php

I'm so glad this is picking up

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Just realized how excited some of the CBJ players must be about playoffs (unless Columbus ends up making it anyway)

Blue777

Feb 24, 2010
Good game, great way to end the regular season!
...now on to the playoffs LGR!

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
How is everyone unaware of the Uncle Daddy story? This is old news, like almost a decade old if I'm not mistaken.

At the risk of seeming totally clueless, I'll bite. I do not know the Uncle Daddy story. What the heck is that?

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
At the risk of seeming totally clueless, I'll bite. I do not know the Uncle Daddy story. What the heck is that?

I'm also surprised that people don't know it, because generally anything sex related with celebrities gets spread around like wildfire.

The short version is:

He nailed his wife's sister.
His wife found out, divorced him and took all his money, and the whole story became public.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

3 of his 4 children are now his nephews, after he divorced his wife, and married her sister.

Thus, he is their uncle and daddy at the same time

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Stepan- 10 points in last 7 games , 4 goals, 6 assists

Richards- 6 game pt streak, 5 goals, 6 assists, 11 points

Callahan- 7 game pt streak, 5 goals, 6 assists, 11 points

Nash- 7 points in last 6 games, 4 goals, 3 assist (went 3 games without a point during, and 3 points without a game prior)

Zucc- 6 points in last 7 games, 3 goals 4 assists

Brass- 7 points in last 10 games, 4 goals 3 assists.

These need to be our big guys in the playoffs, and it seems all of them are pretty hot right now. Didn't include Clowe due to injury.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006

If you want the full story, you can read the recitation from the NJ Appellate Division. Merry Christmas?

Plaintiff soon began to suspect that her husband was having an affair with her brother's wife. In the summer of 2002, she confronted defendant about her suspicions; both defendant and her sister-in-law denied having an affair, and plaintiff had no reason to disbelieve them. She allowed her brother and sister-in-law to remain living with them. On December 24, 2002, however, defendant admitted to having an adulterous relationship with his sister-in-law. When, on December 28, 2002, plaintiff learned that the affair was continuing, she removed defendant's belongings from the marital home and asked him to leave. He stayed in hotels and then an apartment for the first few months of 2003.

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2007/a1665-05-opn.html

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Tune up indeed. We tuned up the Devils something fierce. Get outta MSG with that ******** performance you put up today. Way to roll over against your biggest rivals. No heart on that team, not an ounce.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Great game. Getting psyched for playoffs. Hope Clowe, Boyle, Dorsett, Staal can all get back quickly. That'd be a pretty intimidating lineup if they do.

[Clarkson is] Better than Clowe.

Italics added by me for context. Is this a joke? You can't be serious... Clarkson has been a mediocre third liner his entire career - he had one breakout season just last year which by all indications was an abberration, and everyone has been gushing about him since. That this is even a debate is absurd.

Clarkson's production last year was inflated by getting big PP time compared to past years and having a significantly higher shooting % than he has ever had. More than one third of his production came from PP pts. He was the king of garbage goals last year (yes, goals are goals - but are we really going to make this mistake again? Gomez's production was inflated by garbage goals on NJ's PP too...). In Clarkson's best year, he only barely kept pace with Clowe's worst year. And on top of all of that, he does not have the vision or playmaking skills that Clowe does. In terms of physicality they're probably pretty even. You can't even say that he is significantly younger -- he is just 6 months younger. What a joke.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
If the top 6 gets broken up before the PO's there needs to be criminal prosecution going Torts way, because they looked amazing today.

Them Nash goals.

I wouldn't put all that much stock in how awesome the team looked today. The Devils were a total no-show. They may as well have stayed in Newark and forfeited the game with that nonsense product they put on the ice today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad