Confirmed Trade: [NJD/NYI] Devils trade Tyce Thompson to Islanders for Arnaud Durandeau

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Tyce has been struggling the last 2 seasons. He has scored once in 15 games in the AHL this year. His Dad is the head coach for the Islanders farm team so maybe this can help him out somehow or maybe make things worse.

Durandeau seems like he could be a 4th liner one day. With all the injuries the Devils have had their is a possibility he can get into some games this year.

Reactions: Ciao and My3Sons

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I was talking more about cal and Matt
I wonder if Cal will get hurt and wind up on Bailey Island as soon as Matt is healthy again. Lane seems to like doing that in hopes Wahlstrom will be the next great winger.

Jan 21, 2018
Arnaud is a not uncommon French name. It's akin to Arnold

Arnaud Schwarzénéggér

3FE396DF00000578-4472530-I_ll_be_in_front_Terminator_star_Arnold_Schwarzenegger_69_photob-a-11_1493887884340.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C and kevistar

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Both players off the slow starts.

Thompson hasn’t scored a single goal in the AHL this season and has basically just stalled out in his development.

Durandeau seems to have a little more promise in the goal department but has struggled thus far to start the season in Bridgeport.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Tyce is Tage Thompson's brother, had a great season in Providence, looked good in camp / preseason. Based on numbers it looks like he's not really developing in the AHL as hoped but I haven't seen him there. Needed a change of scenery but is already 24 and probably won't crack the NHL full time.

Reactions: My3Sons

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
not anymore, but I'm sure the Isles have seen a lot of him.

I thought Durandeau would have been first forward call up this year, weird.
Agreed. Durandeau actually didn’t look out of place when he had his cup of coffee and poutine with the Isles last season.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
As someone who also has three kids with O first names, I gotta support them! Hah.
I don’t think calling your kids based on random words a 2 year old calls out while in the back seat is the best of ideas for people but to each their own. They’d be cool names for pets though.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I don’t think calling your kids based on random words a 2 year old calls out while in the back seat is the best of ideas for people but to each their own. They’d be cool names for pets though.
Haha mine are actually names (Odin, Otto, Opal) so I’m not in the same boat.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Haha mine are actually names (Odin, Otto, Opal) so I’m not in the same boat.
Nope, you’ve got the Viking Warrior, fancy gemstone and the random cat who used to wander my neighborhood (Otto). Orca, Ocean and Oasiz are along the lines of rich people using random words for names like Apple and Blanket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad