Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
:devils
Yakov Trenin

:nashville
Nolan Foote
2024 3rd Round Pick

I understand that trade prices have been inflated this year due to supply and demand so I want to see what would make sense for all, but I think Trenin is exactly what the Devils need on the 4th line for a playoff run. There would have to be some cap issues worked out, but it’s by $400K, so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Reactions: Smitty426

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
:devils
Yakov Trenin

:nashville
Nolan Foote
2024 3rd Round Pick

I understand that trade prices have been inflated this year due to supply and demand so I want to see what would make sense for all, but I think Trenin is exactly what the Devils need on the 4th line for a playoff run. There would have to be some cap issues worked out, but it’s by $400K, so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
What? No.

Trenin is a big physical cheap player... a little more skilled than Jeannot, a little more expensive, a little less retainable... but you're looking at that kind of return if you want Trenin, sorry.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
What? No.

Trenin is a big physical cheap player... a little more skilled than Jeannot, a little more expensive, a little less retainable... but you're looking at that kind of return if you want Trenin, sorry.
Using the Jeannot return as any kind of predictor is going to make a lot of tanking teams fanbases very very sad as the deadline approaches, lol.

Reactions: Seachd

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Using the Jeannot return as any kind of predictor is going to make a lot of tanking teams fanbases very very sad as the deadline approaches, lol.
It's not a "predictor" at all. It's just saying that's what we want for a player we have no interest whatsoever in trading. You want him, you step up like TB did. We don't expect you to. That's fine.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
What? No.

5 picks, I'll pass. We just did that for a 30+G winger
Walsh and a puck sure
Tor and Bos are gonna run outta of contract spaces to fill. Maybe Car takes a flyer on him

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
5 picks, I'll pass. We just did that for a 30+G winger
Walsh and a puck sure
Tor and Bos are gonna run outta of contract spaces to fill. Maybe Car takes a flyer on him
We like him and don't have any reason to move him, especially with Jeannot gone now. No skin off our backs if nobody wants/has room to trade for him.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Nolan Foote has next to no value at this point, a 3rd round round pick isn’t enough for Trenin. He’s a useful NHL player, he’ll take more than late picks and castoff prospects

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Outside of the untouchables, guys with value include Clarke, Vilen, Casey, Filmon, and Gritsyuk.

Nobody is going to want Stillman, Foote, Thompson, etc. they’re basically minor leaguers at this point.
Walsh before Foote got moved to NASH

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Is this because of Cal Foote? You want them to be the Feete Brothers?
Some Devils fans, and some Canucks fans, have a preoccupation of "uniting the brothers".

Welcome to the party, Preds fans. There is warm orange drink next to the radiator, and stale chips in the orange plastic bowl.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Some Devils fans, and some Canucks fans, have a preoccupation of "uniting the brothers".

Welcome to the party, Preds fans. There is warm orange drink next to the radiator, and stale chips in the orange plastic bowl.
No BS, that wasn’t my intention. I was just trying to think of a prospect that wasn’t a blue chip that was a forward that would be a 4th line role. I’d part with Graeme Clarke and a 2nd if that’s what it’d take.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cogburn

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
OP provides reasons for NJ to trade, but not the Preds. No idea how this helps Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad