Salary Cap: NJD Major Offseason Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
TB should expose Bishop. Especially when smaller pads are mandated.
The Russian goalie is gonna be better.

I would too, especially since they have some depth with prospects. Just shows that some good plays will be available to these teams for day 1.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I would imagine the expansion team would take Matt Murray and whoever Anaheim doesn't protect to be their goalies anyway

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
TB should expose Bishop. Especially when smaller pads are mandated.
The Russian goalie is gonna be better.

The biggest joke about Bishop is just look at him and look at the two Wild goaltenders we faced last week. They're the same size he is, yet he looks way bigger. He might have an inch or two on them, but that's no excuse for going out there bundled up the way he is.

Him and Mike Smith are the biggest offenders there are.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just imagine Tampas situation with Bishop making them a contending team since he was acquired and having Vasilevskiy as well. That's a tough decision.

Bishop's only signed through next season, so they might not necessarily protect him. They could always try to re-sign him as a UFA. Worst case, I'd imagine they'd trade one of them rather than lose them for nothing.

I would imagine the expansion team would take Matt Murray and whoever Anaheim doesn't protect to be their goalies anyway

Anaheim might already have been in a position where they had to move one of Andersen/Gibson this summer. Lindholm/Vatanen are RFAs, so there might not be budget room to give Andersen what he might ask for.

If I was Anaheim, I'd try to structure a similar deal to what Ottawa did in dealing Lehner and attaching David Legwand. Anaheim has two years remaining with Clayton Stoner who has fallen way down on their depth chart.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We get nothing offensively from our defensemen. Yes, our forwards are a major issue, but we need offense from the blue line.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We need offense from our forwards more. Spending out money on blue line offense is a waste and masks the real problem.

Why not both? We have the cap room. We probably have the least amount of goals in the NHL from our blueline. And a puck mover/a guy who can actually get a shot on net helps our forwards produce.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It'd be nice to find out if we can get more from Larsson and Severson offensively in the near future before we spend big money on an offensive d-man. Right now the system's not conducive to anyone producing big numbers on the blueline so it's a bit of a waste of time to pay for an offensive d-man until we improve the forwards and are able to open up the d more.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
You guys can't tell me that a Yandle-Larsson pairing wouldn't be the cat's ass. Reminiscent of the old Nieds/Dano pairing. Larsson is so good defensively that it would allow Yandle to join the play and create offense more freely. Plus it would enable Greene to mentor Severson on the 'second pair'. Fill in the 3rd pair with some combination of the other players we have Schlemko, Merrill, Moore, Helgeson and our defense is set.

And we did get the SCF with Zidlicky and there's no way in hell Yandle could be as bad defensively as Zids.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
If I'm Shero, I call Yandle's agent and offer these contracts. Take your pick Yandle.

3 years, 7 million per
4 years, 6.75 million per
5 years, 6.25 million per
6 years, 5.75 million per

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You guys can't tell me that a Yandle-Larsson pairing wouldn't be the cat's ass. Reminiscent of the old Nieds/Dano pairing. Larsson is so good defensively that it would allow Yandle to join the play and create offense more freely. Plus it would enable Greene to mentor Severson on the 'second pair'. Fill in the 3rd pair with some combination of the other players we have Schlemko, Merrill, Moore, Helgeson and our defense is set.

And we did get the SCF with Zidlicky and there's no way in hell Yandle could be as bad defensively as Zids.

That's exactly my thinking. Yandle-Larsson is a perfect pairing. They complement each other so well. And Severson is in desperate need of a solid veteran partner and Jon Merrill or Moore aint that. You have to believe that Greene is a big reason why Larsson has developed into one of the best shut down defensemen in the league. He would work wonders for Severson. I'm far from the biggest Severson fan, but he's clearly talented and will be a big determinant of our future success.

Yandle-Larsson
Green-Severson
Merrill/Moore-Santini

If the young guys improve, that's a big time defensive core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad