Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Devils sign Dawson Mercer to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Hughes probably should've went to college or Juniors but no 1st overall really does that anymore. He showed flashes of why he was taken first overall but he still has a ton of development to go. College would've been where I would have had him go which is with the benefit of hindsight.
He couldn’t make any money In college. You can’t be under contract or have ever been paid to play the sport in NCAA rules unless you mean AUS which isn’t anything special.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He couldn’t make any money In college. You can’t be under contract or have ever been paid to play the sport in NCAA rules unless you mean AUS which isn’t anything special.
Yeah, I get that. College was obviously never an option but they could've had him go for a year and then sign his ELC but 1OAs don't do that anymore.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Yeah, I get that. College was obviously never an option but they could've had him go for a year and then sign his ELC but 1OAs don't do that anymore.
Not 1OAs humans won’t turn down millions to play in Europe to make nothing in college

Reactions: DVision44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad