Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Devils re-sign Kyle Palmieri (5 years, $4.65M AAV)

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Great deal?

That looks brutal for a guy with one good season and no reason to think that is going to be close to the norm for him.

But if Devils fans are happy as they all seem to be here I guess congrats to you.

how, exactly, does this look "brutal" :laugh:

his ESP/60 was pretty much right in line with what it had been his entire career. he did have a slightly high shooting %, but still.

even if he is a 25 goal/50 point scorer going forward, which is more than reasonable, this deal is 100% fair

Donzo

Jun 17, 2009
Denver, CO
Palmieri's shooting% was a little high last season, but even if it comes down to expected levels, you can pencil him in for at least 20-30-50. Very solid deal by Shero.

I will not be surprised if the Devils make the playoffs next season.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Great deal?

That looks brutal for a guy with one good season and no reason to think that is going to be close to the norm for him.

But if Devils fans are happy as they all seem to be here I guess congrats to you.

He was a depth player in Anaheim, never had a chance to play top minutes, and still produced decently well.

Once he got moved up, his offense took off. I really don't see a reason why he can't put up at least 20 goals and 45 points next season, which is is still not a terrible contract.

What do you expect him to sign for?

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Great deal?

So, this is first time that he was given a top 6 role and played over 14 minutes a game. In the process he scores 30 goals and puts up 57 points. Yet a 4.65 AAV contract is brutal?

I think there is a reason you are the first and only person to say this is a bad contract.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Great deal?

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1387

points/60 were in fact LESS than they were in the past. shot percentage wasn't that far off.

if you watched him play at all, you would know his playstyle isn't one that leads to unsustainable production

moon*

He was a depth player in Anaheim, never had a chance to play top minutes, and still produced decently well.

Once he got moved up, his offense took off. I really don't see a reason why he can't put up at least 20 goals and 45 points next season, which is is still not a terrible contract.

What do you expect him to sign for?

Didn't really think about what he would sign for at all because I don't really care about mediocre guys on bad teams.

As I said if Devil fans like it then great for them. I am glad he didn't sign that deal for my team though.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Congrats to Devils fans, that should be a good contract even if Palms doesn't happen to quite repeat last year's production.

Last edited by a moderator:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Real good contract for the devils. Congrats! Him and Hall should make for some good offense coming out of NJ.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Didn't really think about what he would sign for at all because I don't really care about mediocre guys on bad teams.

As I said if Devil fans like it then great for them. I am glad he didn't sign that deal for my team though.

30 goals is mediocre? hmmmm

what is your team, if you don't mind me asking?

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014

I guess you don't care about half your team's roster then

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Nice deal! What are Jersey's lines looking like?

if I had to guess, right now we'd roll something like:

Hall-Henrique-Cammalleri
Boucher-Zajac-Palmieri
Zacha-????-Smith-Pelly
Josefson-Fiddler-Kalinin

they also have Beau Bennett. It seems as though Shero/Hynes might see Zacha as a winger based on recent interviews, but I am not sure who plays 3C at the moment.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
KPalm's boardplay is ridiculously good, so even if he doesn't pot 30 he'll contribute in a few other ways.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Happy for KP and NJ fans. Now if Shero could take Stoner from us, we'd appreciate it. He owes us after destroying Murray in that trade.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
30 and 27 on the weakest offensive team in the league and now will be playing with Taylor Hall. I'm sure Palms will produce just fine.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
if I had to guess, right now we'd roll something like:

Hall-Henrique-Cammalleri
Boucher-Zajac-Palmieri
Zacha-????-Smith-Pelly
Josefson-Fiddler-Kalinin

they also have Beau Bennett. It seems as though Shero/Hynes might see Zacha as a winger based on recent interviews, but I am not sure who plays 3C at the moment.

Elias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad