Proposal: NJD/CGY/Pitt

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Devils come out like bandits here. Who are giving up the picks here? That would help make more sense of this proposal. That will just determine if it's comically bad for the Flames or even worse for the Flames.

We give up the 1st, the Devils give up the 2nd

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Counter offer.

To Calgary:
Fleury half retained, 1st round pick

To Pittsburgh:
Wideman, 2nd round pick

That's right, Fleury has negative value. He stinks and his contract sucks. :amazed:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I enjoy reading hfboards for the different opinions, but this trade was bad enough for Calgary that I simply couldn't stay silent any longer. :laugh:

Really bad...

Haha priceless, props for even going so far as to add a pic. I was here for two years before I got around to it.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Counter offer.

To Calgary:
Fleury half retained, 1st round pick

To Pittsburgh:
Wideman, 2nd round pick

That's right, Fleury has negative value. He stinks and his contract sucks. :amazed:

This is pretty much how I feel considering JR was asking for Tkachuk in the offseason.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This is pretty much how I feel considering JR was asking for Tkachuk in the offseason.

Funny story, this drunk guy at a bar actually went around asking people if they were Penguins fans because he was in the mood for a fight after he read that the asking price for Fleury was the 6th overall... Holy c*** that was a delusional asking price Dim Jim. That actually increased Bishop's price, to the point where Tampa at first didn't want to trade Bishop for even the 4th overall...

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
To:
:devils
2017 1st
Michael Backlund
Oliver Kylington

To:
:pens
Mike Cammaleri (50% Salary retained)
Kyle Quincey
2017 2nd Rounder

To:
:flames

M.A. Fleury

The Penguins get Cammy to play a scoring winger role. Crosby is playing with Kunitz and Jake Guentzel plus they are missing 3 of their starting D

Flames need a goalie, self explanatory

NJD dont give up much but they dont get too much either. Backlund is under contract is under one more year however, and Oliver is a B level prospect. The Devils biggest piece leaving would be Cammy Pitt gives up Fleury and Calgary gives up the 1st. There would be sacrifice on all sides.

Why is NJ getting all of the return when Pitt is giving up the only valuable asset?

NetflixandPhil19

Nov 14, 2016
29b.jpg

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Proposals with NJ in them seem to only be started by NJ fans. This tells me no one really wants anyone from our team (besides the ones it's obvious we can't part with).

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Not great for anyone aside from NJ.

Oh please. :laugh:

While there is likely a bit of hyperbole there he isn't completely wrong. MAF has Pittsburgh in a bit of a tight spot.

possible outcomes:

he waives and they trade him at full cap for minimal return and possibly giving a bit extra to encourage someone to take him.

They trade him with retention (less then buyout) for a mediocre return.

They buy him out.

He agrees to waive his NMC and gets claimed by Vegas

Waives and doesn't get claimed by Vegas

What other options are there? No one is going to be doing the Pens any favors here. At the end of the day someone that does want him may be able to sign him as a UFA that's already getting paid.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Rumor has it he's willing to waive, and he only has to waive for the 12 teams on his no-trade list.

I don't think many people expect a huge return, or really much of a return at all. But the idea that the Pens are going to have to pay to get rid of him is just about as unrealistic as the idea of getting a huge haul for him.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Brutal for the Flames

A 1st, Backlund and Kylington for MAF?

This might be the worst one I've seen in months.

Edit; The more I think about it, the more offended I am

PIT fans are so desperate, just forget about that trade.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Rumor has it he's willing to waive, and he only has to waive for the 12 teams on his no-trade list.

I don't think many people expect a huge return, or really much of a return at all. But the idea that the Pens are going to have to pay to get rid of him is just about as unrealistic as the idea of getting a huge haul for him.

Especially paying to get rid of him with max salary retention. That's worse than the buyout initially and then saves a little bit of real money three years down the line.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
"NJD dont give up much but they dont get too much either."

That's rich

Give up Cammalleri and ****ing Quincey and get a 1st + a GOOD middle 6 centre

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Usually trades are suggested on this board by a poster who is a fan of at least one of the teams involved, and there is inherent bias towards their own team.

But when you have a trade proposal from a fan of none of the teams and very clearly knows little about each organization's valuation of their respective roster members, you get this kind of train wreck instead.

Post history shows this poster is a Devils fan, even if the (2015?!) Lightning playoff avatar might make people think otherwise at a glance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad