Post-Game Talk: NJ v DC @7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Nice to bounce back after a loss with a win since it’s easy to start a losing streak after a long winning streak like we had

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Kuzy has absolutely bought in - I’ve noticed it the last ten games or so. Skating hard, playing defense (diving to block shots and passes), and effortlessly gliding around the other team to creating chances. I hope that God Mode Kuzy is going to be engaged come playoff time. I haven’t seen him play this well since the Cup run.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Kuznetsov playing exactly as well as he’s played all year and is now getting rewarded with points.

Who could have seen it coming?
Absolutely not, my friend. He was dreadful in terms of defensive zone coverage and most importantly effort at the beginning of the year. It wasn't too long ago that he was going for line changes instead of backchecking on fast man-rushes going the other way (directly ended in two goals against in two straight games and two third period benchings, if you remember).

He has bought in - he's diving to block shots and passes, he's backchecking hard (instead of going for lazy line changes and/or not skating hard back to the d-zone), and he's not turning the puck over nearly as much.

Kuzy has been night and day the last ten games or so, compared to how he was earlier in the season.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Absolutely not, my friend. He was dreadful in terms of defensive zone coverage and most importantly effort at the beginning of the year. It wasn't too long ago that he was going for line changes instead of backchecking on fast man-rushes going the other way (directly ended in two goals against in two straight games and two third period benchings, if you remember).

He has bought in - he's diving to block shots and passes, he's backchecking hard (instead of going for lazy line changes and/or not skating hard back to the d-zone), and he's not turning the puck over nearly as much.

Kuzy has been night and day the last ten games or so, compared to how he was earlier in the season.
Now you've done it.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

He has bought in - he's diving to block shots and passes, he's backchecking hard (instead of going for lazy line changes and/or not skating back to the d-zone), and he's not turning the puck over.

I think your story sounds more interesting, but it doesn’t jive with the facts. It’s clear he’s bought in from the beginning of the year, and the numbers from game #1 reflect that buy-in.

Reactions: koalabear9301

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I think your story sounds more interesting, but it doesn’t jive with the facts. It’s clear he’s bought in from the beginning of the year, and the numbers from game #1 reflect that buy-in.
You saw consistent effort from Kuzy up until ten games ago or so? He wasn't backchecking hard at all and he was below average in defensive zone coverage. Lavi benched him multiple times for lazy play and now he's trusted with late-game situations. You don't see a difference with the drive, effort, focus, and buying in of Kuzy right now compared to earlier in the year? He's a completely different player to me. Not everything is about statistics and/or analytics.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013

Sarcasm? Kuzy's effort has noticeably changed the past several games. Fingers crossed (and in Lavi we trust) that it continues.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Kuzy must be wrong about himself....clearly!

lol....this is hilarious.

Can you smell it? Delusion is thick in the air....

upload_2021-3-25_22-11-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad