Speculation: NJ Offseason Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Any trade for Bickell or Datysuk will involve a NJ player being sent to Chicago or Detroit. Especially if we get a 2 players plus draft picks in each deal. i.e. Datsyuk + Pulkkinen.

Even though the trade is made for cap purposes, it still has to kinda look like a hockey trade, hence Black and Thompson sent to Florida in the Savard deal.

So which remaining AHLers can we send? Scarlett, Thomson, Heleguson? All our older AHL lifers are UFAs.

I would look to package Savard with an AHL player and possibly a pick for a package with Datsyuk + Bickell.

Datsyuk + Jurco/Pulkinnen for Savard + Scarlett

Bickell + Teravainen for Savard + Scarlett + 4th round pick

I'm not too fond of taking on Datsyuk because I don't think Jurco/Pulkkinen will be all that good. I really like the idea of taking on Bickell and Teravainen. I think Bickell could be a useful player on a fourth line and Teravainen has a skill set we could use on our team.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I would look to package Savard with an AHL player and possibly a pick for a package with Datsyuk + Bickell.

Datsyuk + Jurco/Pulkinnen for Savard + Scarlett

Bickell + Teravainen for Savard + Scarlett + 4th round pick

I'm not too fond of taking on Datsyuk because I don't think Jurco/Pulkkinen will be all that good. I really like the idea of taking on Bickell and Teravainen. I think Bickell could be a useful player on a fourth line and Teravainen has a skill set we could use on our team.

I think we would have to send more value back to Chicago if Teravainen is coming our way.

Maybe change the 4th round pick to a 2nd round pick.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The last thing Chicago wants is the Marc Savard contract - I'd do something like Bickell-Teravainen-2017 3rd for Boucher-Helgeson. Chicago should not make any deal with the Savard contract in it - Panarin already put them way over the cap this year, they don't need a repeat next year.

Detroit could take half of Savard's contract but I don't see why they would if they can make a deal without it

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
If the Devils try and include Savard you can expect a less attractive return.

HischieR13

Mar 16, 2009
Strong Island
So this probably has no chance at happening and I know I will get ripped for it but what if the Devils were willing to take Nash for a very late pick? Only two years left? I know it takes the rags out of cap hell so it's probably not worth it. Also know we never trade. Just wanted to see the thoughts on it. I don't see him having such an awful year when he's not in the media spotlight. Guy scored 40 a couple years ago.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
So this probably has no chance at happening and I know I will get ripped for it but what if the Devils were willing to take Nash for a very late pick? Only two years left? I know it takes the rags out of cap hell so it's probably not worth it. Also know we never trade. Just wanted to see the thoughts on it. I don't see him having such an awful year when he's not in the media spotlight. Guy scored 40 a couple years ago.

he would garner more than just a late pick...his contract isn't great but he still produces at least decent production

plus as you said I want no part of helping the Rangers. let them figure out their own situation

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The last thing Chicago wants is the Marc Savard contract - I'd do something like Bickell-Teravainen-2017 3rd for Boucher-Helgeson. Chicago should not make any deal with the Savard contract in it - Panarin already put them way over the cap this year, they don't need a repeat next year.

Detroit could take half of Savard's contract but I don't see why they would if they can make a deal without it

They don't do that deal because of the cap hits. Hulk and Boosh are to much NHL money on their books. They literally have no room to take back any kind of salary unless it fills an immediate need well.

It has to be AHL only bodies or picks.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Also no reason to include him
In any trade unless we are trading with Carolina or Arizona and they need to get to the floor.

If either team needed to hit floor-
What if we moved it to Carolina for a RW prospect -Valentin Zykov
or LD prospect-Jake Chelios, not sure what sweeteners would need to be from us, if any

or AZ for LW Sergei Plotnikov (Shero drafted him I think-can be an UFA this yr, not sure if worth it, but maybe this is kind of move) or RW Henrik Samuelsson

Pulled these out of Hockey Futures so dont know anything about them, just tried to not pick their highest rated prospects, but something usable possibly for us.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
If either team needed to hit floor-
What if we moved it to Carolina for a RW prospect -Valentin Zykov
or LD prospect-Jake Chelios, not sure what sweeteners would need to be from us, if any

or AZ for LW Sergei Plotnikov (Shero drafted him I think-can be an UFA this yr, not sure if worth it, but maybe this is kind of move) or RW Henrik Samuelsson

Pulled these out of Hockey Futures so dont know anything about them, just tried to not pick their highest rated prospects, but something usable possibly for us.
Zykov is probably a bust, which is why LA traded him to Carolina... which is too bad, I was really hoping we'd draft him, though I think we got Santini instead.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I don't think it'll be their first choice, but it's not a bad alternative.

As long as they are 4 million under the cap to start the year, they are going to have the cap space throughout the year. It really just depends on their plans for the off-season and whether or not they plan to spend the space that will be freed up by Bickell in an off-season trade.

I could see Detroit doing it because it will already be a cap savings of 3.5 million compared to the hit they would take with Datsyuk. They'd also free up a good chunk of space by putting Savard on LTIR to start the year.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Among all the proposals tossed around I'd really like to see Shero go after the Bickell/Teravainen deal.

Chicago is saddled with wanting to keep Shaw plus possibly reacquire Campbell. Under the circumstances we seem like the perfect trade partner for them and I feel anything we'd concede in order to make the deal happen would be very doable.

As far as the Savard deal goes, I feel like that was simply picking up a 2nd round pick to use as trade currency down the road...and nearly for free given the actual cash outlay to Savard next year while helping to satisfy cap floor requirements in the process.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Among all the proposals tossed around I'd really like to see Shero go after the Bickell/Teravainen deal.

Chicago is saddled with wanting to keep Shaw plus possibly reacquire Campbell. Under the circumstances we seem like the perfect trade partner for them and I feel anything we'd concede in order to make the deal happen would be very doable.

As far as the Savard deal goes, I feel like that was simply picking up a 2nd round pick to use as trade currency down the road...and nearly for free given the actual cash outlay to Savard next year while helping to satisfy cap floor requirements in the process.

If they gave up TT, that would be pretty shocking to me, even if it is to get rid of Bickel. We should for sure be all over that. TT would be a big addition. His value should definitely trump whatever negative value Bickel has, but I'd definitely be willing to include something to get it done. Not sure what it would take tho.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they gave up TT, that would be pretty shocking to me, even if it is to get rid of Bickel. We should for sure be all over that. TT would be a big addition. His value should definitely trump whatever negative value Bickel has, but I'd definitely be willing to include something to get it done. Not sure what it would take tho.

If we have to add it would be a promising player on the extreme cheap (or still in the AHL) or a draft pick/picks.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
If we have to add it would be a promising player on the extreme cheap (or still in the AHL) or a draft pick/picks.

I agree with that. Not sure who it could be, we don't really have anyone off the top of my head that would be low salary and give them an NHL player. Guys like Boucher and Blandisi realistically aren't anywhere near good enough for Chicago. Doubt they would want DSP. Moore? He's cheap but not that valuable.

Group Chat Legend*

I want us to go for Hartnell and get Rychel added into there somehow.

We help them on cap, Hartnell actually still plays and would be perfect for our 3rd line. Rychel is young and could fill out to something more.

What we would give up I do not know.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I want us to go for Hartnell and get Rychel added into there somehow.

We help them on cap, Hartnell actually still plays and would be perfect for our 3rd line. Rychel is young and could fill out to something more.

What we would give up I do not know.

That's going to cost far more than Bickell or Datsyuk would though.

Hartnell is still a very productive player, but he is just paid a little too much for Columbus and a little too long for teams looking to trade for him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The problem with Hartnell to me is that he has mega Ruutu or Zubrus potential before his contract is up. He screams someone that can drastically fall off a cliff and if he does, it might not be so pretty.

He's already older than Ruutu and he's pretty good still. He's by no means not good right now, I just feel like he's the kind of player that could detonate at any year now. He's still worth his contract as of now though, by 17-18 or 18-19, I'd be skeptical though. He's only 34, though he seems older because he's been in the league since 18.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
id love to spend to the cap buying ****** contracts

just to watch the mainboard whine about it

Group Chat Legend*

If Eberle is worth only the 19th overall and a small plus Shero had BETTER offer more than that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is without a doubt the best part. Toronto fans whining about us not icing a real team was hilarious

Did they really? They iced an extremely laughable lineup down the stretch and regularly played Garret Sparks in NHL games. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad