Confirmed with Link: (NJ/MTL) Allen to NJ for Conditional 2025 3rd Rd Pick (50% Retained)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Its a pretty solid deal with the 50% retained. The Devils are paying backup salary money for him.
The Devils got a 4th for $300k, gave a 3rd for Mtl paying >$2mil to put it in perspective.

The important part is they get to throw Allen out to get chewed up this year instead of Daws and Schmid.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Shouldnt you still be reminding us all how the Toffoli deal was because we didnt retai... err, nevermind

But yes, Jake Allen will be different - tenth goalie is the charm

I speculated on that before we knew otherwise. This is why you are a coward. You are why Nico Hischier 3rd line center is a meme here. Who knows what other hilarious stuff you will make into board lore. I mean @ing people and asking them to respond, jfc. I've seen (and done) some pathetic stuff on here in my time but this is lowest of the low. What's your next name going to be?

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
The condition should have been based on save pct or gaa, not games played.

Games played is entirely within the Devils control. I assume they are thinking he is, at most, a backup next year (hopefully not backing up Vitek), so they can keep him under 40 games.

If he is playing 40+ games ... well, then the pick moving to a 2nd from a 3rd may be the least of their problems

Reactions: longislanddevil

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Seravalli reports the 40 game threshold is for the 24/25 season only. If we need Allen to play that many games next season, we are in big trouble to begin with. Do not see that condition being met. I don’t love this trade but it’s not as bad as I originally thought,

Reactions: glenwo2

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I'm hearing Vtek is gone, if not now, over the summer.

Yep.

Also, just to get it out there:

The Maple Leafs moved 2 years of Peter Mrazek coming off a sub .890 season @ 3.8 Million I believe, for a drop of like 14 picks in the late first / early seocnd of the draft.

We got positive value out of unsigned Blackwood coming off two awful years.

Vitek is owed less in real cash next year than he is on his cap hit.

He shouldn't be a difficult guy to move.

Reactions: youryeah

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
The only outrage I can see is the timing. Earlier would been much much much better.

Having Jake Allen in at 50% doesn't seem awful to me at all. Actually much better than the Markstrom scenario in my mind.

He can be motivated a little more than he was in Montreal. And next season he can split start with hopefully our next true #1.

I don't hate this.
Great point. The timing really irks me. Too little, too late for this season. I can only guess that the price tag for Allen was higher earlier in the year. I’d certainly hope so. My gripe with Fitz is not bringing ANYONE in and hoping VV would right the ship. That “anyone” would likely have been better than VV. It’s a ridiculously low standard that he set. Who knows, maybe a change of scenery helps a goalie and we catch lightning in a bottle. It could have happened. Instead, Fitz just waited and hoped VV would get better.

Hope is not a strategy. When you change nothing, nothing changes.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Vitek is owed less in real cash next year than he is on his cap hit.

He shouldn't be a difficult guy to move.

Coyotes be like

hands-rubbing.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ive always admired how the advanced stats crowd refuses to play along when theyre thrown back into their face

Must be big fans of Congressional meetings with the way the questioning only gets answers from one side

Must be tough being a coward
Aren’t you the same poster (with yet a different account for the 900th time) that was in love with Barclay Goodrow a couple years ago?

Every time I keep asking I get no response. Which makes me think it’s the same person……

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Ok so apparently Allen’s 5v5 save percentage is better than any of the Devils goalies. Looks like Montreal PK has been a tire fire. Is Allen worse than usual on the PK?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I speculated on that before we knew otherwise. This is why you are a coward. You are why Nico Hischier 3rd line center is a meme here. Who knows what other hilarious stuff you will make into board lore. I mean @ing people and asking them to respond, jfc. I've seen (and done) some pathetic stuff on here in my time but this is lowest of the low. What's your next name going to be?
You’ve been pointing out the new accounts with this poster for a while and I started to also catch one. Sometimes I wasn’t sure how you figured it out, but it was super obvious this time.

I wonder if this is the same person from years and years ago (around 2017 or so) who used to constantly cite Arizona as a well-run organization.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Is this the new RangerDoggo account?

Who were you previously on this site?
They'll never say, what's the point of starting a new account if you aren't going to pretend you never had an old one?

Still not sure why or how its allowed. I made an account over a decade ago that got shut down and took a few days and emails to get working because my buddy signed into his on my computer once. So the tech is there....

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
You’ve been pointing out the new accounts with this poster for a while and I started to also catch one. Sometimes I wasn’t sure how you figured it out, but it was super obvious this time.

I wonder if this is the same person from years and years ago (around 2017 or so) who used to constantly cite Arizona as a well-run organization.
Dude, john chayka is the future of the nhl!

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is this the new RangerDoggo account?

Who were you previously on this site?
I can’t even remember all their names, but a couple of years ago they were raging that we needed a guy like Barclay Goodrow because he’s a real winner.

I also wonder if it’s the same poster that told me about a month/month and a half ago that I had a personal problem with Travis Green to suggest he’s bad and that he was brought in for a reason.

That poster went missing after a few days and may have resurfaced as Niedermayer’s Nudes or possibly even someone else in between.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad