Confirmed with Link: (NJ/MTL) Allen to NJ for Conditional 2025 3rd Rd Pick (50% Retained)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
You guys try to find reasons to make yourself mad and worried.

We paid a 3rd round pick so that we don't have to make our rookie goaltenders suffer anymore. There's still a whole offseason to go.

Stress is bad for your heart. Relax.

People get really obsessed over draft picks at two times - the trade deadline or the actual draft. While it sucks to be inefficient with draft picks in trades, you also can't win a championship by min-max'ing with them. I'm much more upset that Fitzgerald has never traded down in a draft in a pure pick trade than I am about this deal.

Reactions: Guadana

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
As long as we get a brand name goalie over the summer it's cool with me. He's a better option over Daws and Akira. If he gets lit up too. Your not ruining his development. Anyway he might just get hurt tommorow or suddenly decide to retire.:sarcasm:

Reactions: aero8279

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Doomers.

043654D6-4DB9-4477-B518-37599675EAD9.png

Mtl pk svck. Reason why his overall sv% is 89+. He is okay backup. And third round is the price for a backup. If he will be good enough to play in 40+ games, 2nd round pick is a real price for a year+ of starting/1B goalie.
Now Fitz needs to trade or sign one more goalie and we will start next season with new goalie coach, Markstrom, Allen and Daws. If it is not Markstrom and Fitz will sign Lankinen,(for example), we will split games between them, it didn’t hurt other teams with depth on the goalie department. Or may be he will trade Saros(or Ullmark) and we will have very good goaltending situation for a season and for potential play off.

Chill.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
People get really obsessed over draft picks at two times - the trade deadline or the actual draft. While it sucks to be inefficient with draft picks in trades, you also can't win a championship by min-max'ing with them. I'm much more upset that Fitzgerald has never traded down in a draft in a pure pick trade than I am about this deal.

I don't think people really give a shit about the picks.

I think they're upset at how this season has turned out. We saw both our goaltenders get lit up by the Rags and Canes last Spring.

Going into this season with them and a horribly inexperienced D (even if talented) was just...well... inexcusable.

Add in the seasoning of Ruff staying and Brunette walking. Yeah, just bad all round.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
MTL 5 on 5 and PK defense has some of the worst shot charts. They give up like 34 SOG per game, bottom 5 in the NHLz

We give up far less HD chances then we think, they just all go in.

I bet you Allen plays better than he did for MTL. There is little to no risk on this deal. You can’t have Daws / Schmid play anymore and ruin development. Get a damn grip people.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1

NiedermayerNades

Mar 1, 2024
What a clown ass argument that is doing absolutely nothing except proving my point lol.

That post is from July 2022. What happened in 2022-2023? Hmm, maybe VV gave the Devils very solid goaltending and they made the playoffs.
Now do 2023-2024 - or was I not supposed to mention that part?

I find it funny how I have to answer everyones questions but nobody has to answer mine

I didnt realize I was in Congress - thought this was a hockey fourm

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
What a clown ass argument that is doing absolutely nothing except proving my point lol.

That post is from July 2022. What happened in 2022-2023? Hmm, maybe VV gave the Devils very solid goaltending and they made the playoffs.
Vitek was pretty good in the regular season last year, but showed his true colors when the bright lights of the playoff came on. Fitz should have known he wasn't the answer as a #1. The guy had fallen apart before when it really mattered. Major fail by Fitz.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

The dude is legit beyond convincing. He’s a lost one, just ignore and move on. He posted a stat that’s helps our argument and tried to claim it as a negative lmao

Reactions: Nocashstyle

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We have been horribly mismanaged this year. Very alarming for our future

So it’s everything that happened this year means Fitz is a moron? But the stuff he did last year means he’s smart? This sort of emotional declaration is just frustration. If they don’t have injuries and squeeze out another few wins they are third in the division and none of this season is being decided guessed. This season on some level is a failure of pro scouting by the folks who said swap seconds for Vitek. If they make a better call then the team is probably third in the division right now and none of this season is being second guessed. I’m as disappointed as anyone that the team has struggled this season but acting like a few pick swaps outside the first round is deeply troubling is silly. Now if you want to be critical of the pro scouting that says Allen is worth adding that’s a reasonable position although if @Bleedred says he’s ok with Allen retained that’s good enough for me.

Reactions: Bleedred

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The only outrage I can see is the timing. Earlier would been much much much better.

Having Jake Allen in at 50% doesn't seem awful to me at all. Actually much better than the Markstrom scenario in my mind.

He can be motivated a little more than he was in Montreal. And next season he can split start with hopefully our next true #1.

I don't hate this.

Reactions: Bleedred

NiedermayerNades

Mar 1, 2024
Ive always admired how the advanced stats crowd refuses to play along when theyre thrown back into their face

Must be big fans of Congressional meetings with the way the questioning only gets answers from one side

Must be tough being a coward

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Jake Allen will be an upgrade if the myriad of other issues are addressed.

If the skaters are still a shitshow, this will be more of the same.

Not sure what we are doing here, as has been my feeling all year.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Ive always admired how the advanced stats crowd refuses to play along when theyre thrown back into their face

Must be big fans of Congressional meetings with the way the questioning only gets answers from one side

Must be tough being a coward

you calling people cowards when you change your name every other week is just the kind of high comedy I expect from you.

Here's a hint - one example of something doesn't prove something wrong.

• Love
Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Markstrom will be our starter next season and Allen will be the backup.
Vanecek will be traded for a bag of pucks over the summer, and we will have to retain all the pucks he let in this season.

NiedermayerNades

Mar 1, 2024
you calling people cowards when you change your name every other week is just the kind of high comedy I expect from you.

Here's a hint - one example of something doesn't prove something wrong.
Shouldnt you still be reminding us all how the Toffoli deal was because we didnt retai... err, nevermind

But yes, Jake Allen will be different - tenth goalie is the charm

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I guess I can live with a 3rd. However, if it becomes a 2nd then it’s garbage.

Daws better be getting most of the games the rest of the way so Allen doesn’t exceed 40.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
lol nice website, i’ve seen traffic handled better during rush hour on route 3.

a meh move. really, i have no idea what direction fitz is headed.

Reactions: longislanddevil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad