Proposal: NJ/LA

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Its certainly one of the better trade offers Ive seen on here for Muzzin in recent times. Which of your D corps would sit at this point to get Muzzin in out of curiosity?

I remember Santini being highly thought of but he's never seemed to be able to make it happen. What gives there?

Well he injured right now, I still think he could end up a Matt Greene type.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Honest question from someone who doesn't see a lot of the Devils -what is Zacha's career projection now? He's 21 in his 3rd NHL season and his stats don't jump off the page at you but I know that doesn't always tell the story. Does he have the game to be a traditional defensive 3rd line C? Could he be a Malhotra type player?

Zacha is already a very good defensive C. Great on the PK as well. Problem with him is he hasn't figured out how to finish and has been playing with Marcus Johansson, (who has been hot garbage all year) and whatever replacement plug was in for Bratt. Hopefuly now that Bratt's back he can find his offensive game, but having MoJo out there is literally worse than being shorthanded because you might give up possession doing something ill-advised like passing to him thinking he might do something useful, but alas that never happens.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Zacha is already a very good defensive C. Great on the PK as well. Problem with him is he hasn't figured out how to finish and has been playing with Marcus Johansson, (who has been hot garbage all year) and whatever replacement plug was in for Bratt. Hopefuly now that Bratt's back he can find his offensive game, but having MoJo out there is literally worse than being shorthanded because you might give up possession doing something ill-advised like passing to him thinking he might do something useful, but alas that never happens.
At 21 sounds like a player worth keeping, or at least some team to invest some time in. I know top 10 draft picks are expected to be more than defensive C, but young big defensive centres are crucial for teams looking to compete. I’d love a guy like that on the Canucks

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
At 21 sounds like a player worth keeping, or at least some team to invest some time in. I know top 10 draft picks are expected to be more than defensive C, but young big defensive centres are crucial for teams looking to compete. I’d love a guy like that on the Canucks

He's definitely a useful NHL player already, but as you said all the frustration comes from so many of the players picked after him turning into top 6 studs.
With Pavel it seems like the perfect storm of misfortunate from not being AHL eligible, to getting rushed a bit, to having all types of weird issues that seem to effect him (from bad puck luck, to some injury issues and penalty issues that have at times made him a bit timid and stopped him from being as physical as he can and should be). But he has the tools to be a very good defensive 2C. He's a good skater, is very solid defensively, great passer with good vision, and great along the boards as well as the physique to be a physical force. He just needs to build some confidence, get some better linemates, and could also work on his shooting accuracy as one of his big problems is that he either tries to pick corners and misses the net or shoots right into the goalie. Otherwise his shot is pretty heavy, but the accuracy just isn't there. Worst case scenario with him he ends up a 3C, but that would be damn disappointing considering how many tools he has at his disposal.
Edit- one other note on Zacha is he isn't too great net-front quite yet, but he has the size for it and it oftentimes takes players a while to develop that part of their game. If he ends up being better at tipping and using his body net-front he could become far more dangerous.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad