Proposal: NJ/LA

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
:kings
Marcus Johansson
2019 3rd Round Pick (Anaheim’s Pick)

-Marcus Johansson hasn’t had a great experience in NJ and he may need a change of scenery. He really hasn’t had linemates that exploit the strengths in his game. A line of Johansson-Carter-Taffoli could be a strong second line. Bump Kovalchuck up to the 1st line.

:devils
Jake Muzzin
Cap Dump

-Devils D has been better, but still needs some work. Jake Muzzin would be a great LHD addition. With Ty Smith in the pipeline and Andy Greene’s contract expiring next year, the left side could be set after this year.

Smith-Vatanen (Assuming he’s re-signed)
Muzzin-Severson
Butcher-Santini
Mueller

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don’t think the Devils can offer a better player realistically, but I wouldn’t be opposed to them offering a better pick or in lieu of a pick adding a B-Prospect.
I would think that if the Kings are moving Muzzin its in an attempt to get younger and gain cap space. Johansson does not do this. His value is at a low after an injury lost season and a statistically slow start to this year. Adding a B prospect or improving the pick doesn't really accomplish either of these goals. Johansson is an upcoming UFA which also makes his value lower, and I don't think many GM's make a move with the thought of getting a pick at the trade deadline, that is a HF's way of thinking. For Muzzin I'm sure the Kings would be looking for Wood + or something of similar value.

Reactions: go4hockey

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Zacha
Santini
NJ 2019 1st

For

Muzzin

Does that work?
Honest question from someone who doesn't see a lot of the Devils -what is Zacha's career projection now? He's 21 in his 3rd NHL season and his stats don't jump off the page at you but I know that doesn't always tell the story. Does he have the game to be a traditional defensive 3rd line C? Could he be a Malhotra type player?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Honest question from someone who doesn't see a lot of the Devils -what is Zacha's career projection now? He's 21 in his 3rd NHL season and his stats don't jump off the page at you but I know that doesn't always tell the story. Does he have the game to be a traditional defensive 3rd line C? Could he be a Malhotra type player?

I think he has a place in the league. Don't know which way he will go, top 6 vs. bottom 6, but he will be an NHLer.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Wouldn't Muzzin make them more likely to make the playoffs?
I really do not want to make the playoffs as the 8 seed again and blown away by Tampa at the cost of trading future assets. The Devils need young talent. We will get that through the draft. The other issue with trading for Muzzin is that Mueller has been improving all year for the Devils. He has been a bright spot for us. Why in the world the OP wants to make him our 7th DMAN is beyond me. The Kings and Devils should both be looking for futures at this point IMO. Muzzin would hold great value to a playoff team with cup aspirations. You should get a good return for Muzzin from a team like that.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I really do not want to make the playoffs as the 8 seed again and blown away by Tampa at the cost of trading future assets. The Devils need young talent. We will get that through the draft. The other issue with trading for Muzzin is that Mueller has been improving all year for the Devils. He has been a bright spot for us. Why in the world the OP wants to make him our 7th DMAN is beyond me. The Kings and Devils should both be looking for futures at this point IMO. Muzzin would hold great value to a playoff team with cup aspirations. You should get a good return for Muzzin from a team like that.

Fair reply. I kinda figured the Devils might make some noise this year, thought Muzzin would help push them.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

I'm glad that you already know the Devils are missing the playoffs

why bother watching this season then?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Problem is, if they make POs, a muzzin type will help. Other problem if they don't, Hall is less happy, gotta keep going in the right direction
I think the grabner move last year was a move like that

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Problem is, if they make POs, a muzzin type will help. Other problem if they don't, Hall is less happy, gotta keep going in the right direction
I think the grabner move last year was a move like that
If they make the playoffs with the team they currently have it will mean that the young players took a step forward. That is obviously a positive. The Devils knew Hall had 4 years left on his contract when they traded for him and that it was unlikely that they would be a cup contender in 4 years. One of the risks of the trade when they made it was Hall leaving as an FA in 4 years. Look at the bright side if he does not sign next summer - all the GM's here at HF can have fun in the "Value Of; Taylor Hall" threads.:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty426

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
did you say... Cap Dump?

M Johansson (F)
P. Zacha (F)
J. Jacobs (D)
3rd rd pick

for

J Muzzin (D)
A Kempe (F)
D Phaneuf (D)

i'm seriously considering this...

and what's the stance on Joshua Jacobs?

maybe Kempe / Zacha can benefit from a swap?

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
did you say... Cap Dump?

M Johansson (F)
P. Zacha (F)
J. Jacobs (D)
3rd rd pick

for

J Muzzin (D)
A Kempe (F)
D Phaneuf (D)

i'm seriously considering this...

and what's the stance on Joshua Jacobs?

maybe Kempe / Zacha can benefit from a swap?
I'd rather add Zacha to a Kempe line than trade one for the other. But maybe I'd take far less for Muzzin if another team could take Phaneuf as well. Which is close to a 0% chance of happening.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Zacha
Santini
NJ 2019 1st

For

Muzzin

Does that work?

Its certainly one of the better trade offers Ive seen on here for Muzzin in recent times. Which of your D corps would sit at this point to get Muzzin in out of curiosity?

I remember Santini being highly thought of but he's never seemed to be able to make it happen. What gives there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad