GDT: NJ Devils AT CBJ | 7pm | Nationwide Arena

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I can't believe Dubi's at 600 games.

And I seriously love that they apparently have reasons for hating us and we just hate them back because. Just because. I have no real reason at all but damnit I'm going to hate them because I have nothing better to be doing right now.

KlichkoBro*

I don't hate the Devils or their fans at all. They are too pity for such strong feeling.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I can't believe Dubi's at 600 games.

And I seriously love that they apparently have reasons for hating us and we just hate them back because. Just because. I have no real reason at all but damnit I'm going to hate them because I have nothing better to be doing right now.

This is so true lol. If we had anything to look forward to who would care right? But we got nothing. Well nothing and hate.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Where do the NJ Devils stand on your most hated list, Socks? Above or below Skyline?

Well Skyline gives me heartburn. While I'm pretty sure The Devils are collectively proud fans of the "I'm a Barbie Girl" song I generally forget they exist so I'm going to have to give the nod to Skyline.

In case anyone forgot that particular horror:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bleedred posted those two refs who were drinking during the game should be suspended

LOLOLO what a clown, those two fans sit there every game in referee uniforms

Goal Judge drinking during the game. That guy needs help but I hope he keeps on posting for the good laughs

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Great win by CBJ, you can see their confidence growing each game.....except that stinker against Buffalo.

And what about Korpisalo with those big saves in the 2nd, to preserve the 3-1 Iead!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I know that Bleedred has said in the past that we are the reason they didn't make the playoffs in 13-14, and that the Devils were more deserving than us, and that's why he hates us. I don't know how he came to that conclusion. First, we won 9 more games than them that year. Second, they had 16 OT losses. Third, why pick out the 4 games against us that they lost as somehow more identifiable as any other games? Are the devils somehow entitled to beating us? I really couldn't give two ***** about the Devils and those guys apparently think we're just the worst thing on Earth. It's just weird. :laugh:

A couple of things, they actually picked up 3 points against us and won a game that season - we didn't sweep the series. One of the reasons they didn't make the playoffs is that they were a -11 and only scored 197 goals. They weren't very good on the road. We also finished ahead of them last season.

Once again they offense is at or near the bottom of the league and are a -10; even if they squeak in they aren't going anywhere. Imagine where they would be if they didn't have a decent PP this season.

I read their thread and man did he make me laugh.

As far as the game, kind of nice to have an easy one. Looks like we're starting to get it. It will be interesting to see what we do at the deadline. More strong performances in no pressure games might influence the FO.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Bleedred is one of the best parts of playing the Devils.

Just think how differently this season would have been if we had opened with two against New Jersey instead of the Rangers. We need to play them more.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sounds like a funeral in the arena.

I went.. Definitely was a quiet game - not many chants, etc..

Great win by CBJ, you can see their confidence growing each game.....except that stinker against Buffalo.

And what about Korpisalo with those big saves in the 2nd, to preserve the 3-1 Iead!

I would sure hope, lol .. there is just about zero pressure now.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
As do I, it's what I look forward to the most when we play them :laugh:

I think what I found the funniest was the constant referring to Korpisalo as Tommy Salo or Sami Salo. Some (Bleedred) seemed to do it on purpose, others were just totally oblivious. :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Y'know, most of the time, I like the Devils and generally get along with their fans (EDIT: on T&R, anyways). I mean, c'mon - they perfected the "franchise that everybody dismisses as pointless and crappy without regard to how things might actually be going" reputation years before we ever existed. They found franchise success, and yet instead of being validated, the entire hockey world prefers to dismiss that entire era they won in as a hellish, game-killing anomaly that should never again see the light of day rather than give them props. It's insane.

And then we play against them and all I can do is point and laugh at the GDT madness. I mean, wow. It's like some folks there are thinking "but, y'see, THEY ACTUALLY ARE what people SAY we are, therefore HATE HATE HATE HATE". It's really impressive.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I have always just assumed that Devils fans are just plain angry. They live (I assume) in Jersey, after all.

Although my very limited personal experience with folks in both the North (Point Pleasant/Tom/s River) and South (Wildwood) shore is that they're nice people.

That and I read Bleedred as a character.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I have always just assumed that Devils fans are just plain angry. They live (I assume) in Jersey, after all.

Although my very limited personal experience with folks in both the North (Point Pleasant/Tom/s River) and South (Wildwood) shore is that they're nice people.

That and I read Bleedred as a character.

Hey! I'm a Jersey native and in a place where the state bird is an extended middle finger lots of people are angry a lot of the time. Down the shore things are a bit more relaxed which probably accounts for you thinking they're nice people.

Seriously, Jersey gets a bad rap. Home to The Sopranos, Chris Christie, great pizza and other Italian foods and where soda is soda and not pop.

:yo:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I didn't know what to do for most of the third period.
Win? Check.
Fight? Check.
Hat trick? Check.
Shutout? Already spoiled.

It was surreal. But I could get used to it! :laugh:

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I didn't know what to do for most of the third period.
Win? Check.
Fight? Check.
Hat trick? Check.
Shutout? Already spoiled.

It was surreal. But I could get used to it! :laugh:

Borque scored? Check! :nod:

I actually found myself getting bored for a while in the 3rd and flipped over to watch a bit of The Patriot on AMC with the wife before flipping back to watch the last eight minutes. And with about five minutes left, I thought to myself, "I bet Borque scores tonight as well as everything is going". I just wish I would have popped on here and posted it. #Nostradamus

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Borque scored? Check! :nod:

I actually found myself getting bored for a while in the 3rd and flipped over to watch a bit of The Patriot on AMC with the wife before flipping back to watch the last eight minutes. And with about five minutes left, I thought to myself, "I bet Borque scores tonight as well as everything is going". I just wish I would have popped on here and posted it. #Nostradamus

You should team up with that dude from the thread on the mains who accurately predicted a goal, down to the period, 2 months ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad