Proposal: NJ—DAL, ARZ, NYI, TOR, PIT, WSH, CAR, BUF

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
I think Vatanen for sure gets a 2nd. Could even be more than that.

I wonder though where the Devils are with Butcher, if they are looking for a high end D prospect, I can see Butcher and Hall going together.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Its also true that many TDL rentals bring less than fans expected. With Vatanen, who knows. We will see. Its very unlikely that the Capitals spend a first on a rental. They need to hit on those firsts in order to keep a quality team going forward and be under the cap.

Its so early to even worry about TDL stuff. Who knows which teams will climb and fall in the standings and who will get injured. NJ will be a seller but who knows who will be a buyer. As an aside, I’ll note that Ben Lovejoy returned a third and a player. Vats will probably be one of the better defenders available at the deadline. He probably returns a second with a sweetener but if someone is stuck for a defender I could see a very good win now team getting Vats and a sweetener for a first.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So these are just some ideas I’ve been thinking about. Obviously they are not all going to get traded and with NJ already deep at Centre and a good possibility that they may have a top pick again and draft the BPA which may be a centre, I am obviously going after defense or wingers . Keep in mind they are just ideas and are just starters and may need to be added or taken away.

These are not set offers either and may need to be tweaked by maybe adding to Hall or other Devils. With Hall it is hard to tell based off of a sign and trade as his value may a lot be worth more after a signing.

Hall retained-Dallas for Harley or Gurianov im thinking more Gurianov as Harley might be a little too much coming back for a rental as I don’t think Dallas has room to sign him next year.

Hall + Wood - ARizona Soderstrom, first if resigned.

Hall Zajac retained- NYI Wilde 1st if resigned.

zajac retained to NYI for 2nd

simmonds + Greene(retained) to TML for bracco 3rd 2021. Toronto desperately needs some grit and Greene is still a very serviceable bottom pairing defenseman who was arguably the best penalty killing defenseman in the league last year.

Vatanen- 1st from Pittsburgh or Washington

McLeod to Carolina for Jake Bean

miles Wood to Buffalo for McCabe. Thoughts?

Pens don't need Vatanen. RHD is literally the last position the Pens need another player at. Letang, Schultz, Marino. And giving up a 1st to acquire a position of strength is really bad asset management.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The Capitals will add some veteran defense at the deadline, but I doubt very much they will deal a first rounder for it. And while I hesitate to speak for the Penguins, I don't think anyone else is liable to deal a first for UFA Vatanen either. Second and third rounders, sure. He'll move and there will be a market for him, but that's more than teams will pay.

This is an uncommonly good draft. Only top-end rentals will generate serious discussions for first rounders this year, or else good players with term remaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad