Proposal: NJ—DAL, ARZ, NYI, TOR, PIT, WSH, CAR, BUF

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
So these are just some ideas I’ve been thinking about. Obviously they are not all going to get traded and with NJ already deep at Centre and a good possibility that they may have a top pick again and draft the BPA which may be a centre, I am obviously going after defense or wingers . Keep in mind they are just ideas and are just starters and may need to be added or taken away.

These are not set offers either and may need to be tweaked by maybe adding to Hall or other Devils. With Hall it is hard to tell based off of a sign and trade as his value may a lot be worth more after a signing.

Hall retained-Dallas for Harley or Gurianov im thinking more Gurianov as Harley might be a little too much coming back for a rental as I don’t think Dallas has room to sign him next year.

Hall + Wood - ARizona Soderstrom, first if resigned.

Hall Zajac retained- NYI Wilde 1st if resigned.

zajac retained to NYI for 2nd

simmonds + Greene(retained) to TML for bracco 3rd 2021. Toronto desperately needs some grit and Greene is still a very serviceable bottom pairing defenseman who was arguably the best penalty killing defenseman in the league last year.

Vatanen- 1st from Pittsburgh or Washington

McLeod to Carolina for Jake Bean

miles Wood to Buffalo for McCabe. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't see what Vatanen does for the Penguins, they have Letang, Marino and Schultz on the right side already. They don't really need a defenseman in general at this point.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Travis Zajac (50% retained) to NYI for 2nd 2020 + 2nd 2021

-Zajac is overpaid at his full cap hit, but at 50% (2.875 AAV) he suddenly becomes a bargain 3C with one more year of term
-Zajac is an elite defensive/PK center who is pretty reliable for 40-45 points a season when healthy
-Lou draft pick
-A two way guy, which Trotz loves
-Leader, has worn a letter for over a decade, brings playoff experience
-Would likely be willing to waive for a tri-state team so that he doesn't need to move his family

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I don't see what Vatanen does for the Penguins, they have Letang, Marino and Schultz on the right side already. They don't really need a defenseman in general at this point.
Vatanen also play the Left side. But I thought you guys could use another D.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Don't think McCloud would get you Bean. Both guys are still in the minors, but from a stats standpoint, I'd say Bean is tracking better overall. And, Bean is good Hamilton/Gardiner insurance down the line. I don't think McCloud really offers CAR much over a guy like Morgan Geekie other than better skating.

Hadyn Fleury is available though, but I'd think CAR would still want to shoot higher than McCloud there, even though the value is probably equal.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Don't think McCloud would get you Bean. Both guys are still in the minors, but from a stats standpoint, I'd say Bean is tracking better overall. And, Bean is good Hamilton/Gardiner insurance down the line. I don't think McCloud really offers CAR much over a guy like Morgan Geekie other than better skating.

Hadyn Fleury is available though, but I'd think CAR would still want to shoot higher than McCloud there, even though the value is probably equal.
I was under the assumption that Fleury holds more value.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
How does Toronto add 10 mill?
It says retained. And the trade could also be closer to the deadline which would mean they are only adding a couple million. Salary can be coming back which is why I said the trades can be tweaked.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I was under the assumption that Fleury holds more value.

Not in the way he’s been used so far this season. I personally feel he’s moved at some point either for a comparable forward or as part of a larger package for a forward prior to or on the deadline.

Brind’Amour just doesn’t seem to trust him.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
It says retained. And the trade could also be closer to the deadline which would mean they are only adding a couple million. Salary can be coming back which is why I said the trades can be tweaked.

Toronto is $12M above the cap, so they will not accumulate any space over the course of the season. They don't really have any dumpable contracts either.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I’ve been one of Zajac’s biggest critics over the years but the Devils should not be trading him imo. His line with Goose and Coleman is currently the best thing we have going for us. He’s a perfect line mate for Goose while he continues to adjust to the NHL. He’s the best defensive forward we have.

I think they should try to trade Greene and give Zajac the C until Hischier or Hughes is ready to lead the team. By then Zajac will probably be ready to retire.

If Zajac wants to be traded for a cup run before his career is over I think we should grant him his wish however.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Thoughts?

I would have no interest in Hall without an extension agreement in place.

At last season's TDL, Lou was one of the final bidders for Stone
Both Vegas and the isles offering him extensions. He chose Vegas.

I have read Hall's recent comments about wanting to win SC championships, basically liking how Tavares took control of his ufa destiny.
Playing in NJ, the isles would hardly be a mystery to Hall. Either he would accept the isles extension offer or pass.

Another consideration for the isles are the raises due Barzal/Pulock/Toews.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

-Zajac is overpaid at his full cap hit, but at 50% (2.875 AAV) he suddenly becomes a bargain 3C with one more year of term

-Zajac is an elite defensive/PK center who is pretty reliable for 40-45 points a season when healthy
So which one is it?

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
So which one is it?
You can still be elite at something and be overpaid, especially when that value straps your team at the cap and you are near the end of a contract that paid your value to you in your prime. Toews is also overpaid at $10.5million.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So these are just some ideas I’ve been thinking about. Obviously they are not all going to get traded and with NJ already deep at Centre and a good possibility that they may have a top pick again and draft the BPA which may be a centre, I am obviously going after defense or wingers . Keep in mind they are just ideas and are just starters and may need to be added or taken away.

These are not set offers either and may need to be tweaked by maybe adding to Hall or other Devils. With Hall it is hard to tell based off of a sign and trade as his value may a lot be worth more after a signing.

Hall retained-Dallas for Harley or Gurianov im thinking more Gurianov as Harley might be a little too much coming back for a rental as I don’t think Dallas has room to sign him next year.

Hall + Wood - ARizona Soderstrom, first if resigned.

zajac retained to NYI for 2nd

simmonds + Greene(retained) to TML for bracco 3rd 2021. Toronto desperately needs some grit and Greene is still a very serviceable bottom pairing defenseman who was arguably the best penalty killing defenseman in the league last year.

Vatanen- 1st from Pittsburgh or Washington

McLeod to Carolina for Jake Bean

miles Wood to Buffalo for McCabe. Thoughts?

McCabe >> wood who’s head consisrs of that only

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad