Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Yeah I read there are some difficulty spikes for that mode.

Might be too tired to play after work today and tomorrow but will definitely start it up on Monday. Got my copy yesterday.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That is what I am waiting on, a good scam. That or I just wait it out and the urge to play them will pass. Its weird how that becomes a viable strategy when you're old. :laugh:

But if I see classic Scarlet-Spider or classic symbiote Spider-Man I won't be able to resist.
Ben Reilly!

Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I got Mario Tennis and it just made me want to play Splatoon again.

Gonna trade it back in for full credit...put it towards Octopath or something.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I got Mario Tennis and it just made me want to play Splatoon again.

Gonna trade it back in for full credit...put it towards Octopath or something.

Do you not have a 3DS that is doing nothing?

I traded in my WiiU with Zelda and Mario 3D World along with my two 3DSs and my games and got something like $500 in store credit (they had trade 3 for 1 for E3 deals going on).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
My 3DS is going to be traded towards the purchase of that new Hylian Shield 2DSXL Special Edition. :cool:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I've been having a blast with Mario Tennis.
My best friend also picked it up and we just played against each other for a couple of hours yesterday.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
just noticed this thread lol. I got a Switch recently and I love it. I already have like 10 games for it. Also, I installed a glass screen protector and didn't eff it up so I'm feeling good about that.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Finally won an online tournament in simple mode. Seemed like every 4th match I'd play against someone with 6000+ points already and doing stuff that annoys the hell out of me. Had a crazy mirror match against another chain chomp. Went into a tie-breaker that took forever. So satisfying after that. Thought my thumb was going to fall off

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm living out of a hotel (Marriott) and would love to connect my Switch to their internet. However, I have no clue how to do that. Any suggestions? Please? There's not much to do in rural West Virginia...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Finally won an online tournament in simple mode. Seemed like every 4th match I'd play against someone with 6000+ points already and doing stuff that annoys the hell out of me. Had a crazy mirror match against another chain chomp. Went into a tie-breaker that took forever. So satisfying after that. Thought my thumb was going to fall off

yah! simple mode is HARD. geeze.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I'm living out of a hotel (Marriott) and would love to connect my Switch to their internet. However, I have no clue how to do that. Any suggestions? Please? There's not much to do in rural West Virginia...

you need their wifi info (it probably doesn't connect automatically)

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i managed to unlock every character in octopath AND i got the golden axe. (in clearbrook which was 3% chance. phew). so i am going to carry the file over for that but i'm also starting a new file.

Reactions: Dzonna

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I attempt to connect to the guest wifi, but it never connects.
Its probably a guest Wifi that opens a browser the first time you connect that requires you to accept Terms/Conditions before you can browse (Similar to McDonalds and other fast food places). I've seen that at a few hotels. Not sure that you'd be able to use that on a Switch.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Okay so I did a complete run of Octopath for the last few days. I was pretty sure i was never going to do a final save and carry something over because i never had a full team and i didn't see the point. however, I did do a speed run a few times and yesterday i managed to get all eight (at a decent level) as well as some rare items due to the steal skill.

I went
Cyrus and worked my way clockwise. (keeping Tressa until I hit Alfyn, then switched Tressa Out)
the trick is is basically. skip EVERYTHING, and once you get Evasive Maneuvers on Cyrus, use that until it's time to level up. (I didn't do any save scumming like most people are doing with this really rare mega JP/EP/Money enemy.

I'm going to though, try something different, and start with Ophilia (she's the one i wanna start with and the knowledge that you can't switch out the Lead is kinda sucky but whatever) and see if i can go faster and give myself some time to get more chests and money. I'm also trying to see if i can get the max amount of money but we'll see. :)

goodness i can not wait for this game.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Got a 4 hour flight to Edmonton this Sunday. I've got Mario+Rabbids and Stardew Valley to keep me entertained. Unfortunately wasn't able to find anyone in Windsor or Hamilton selling a used copy of Odyssey because I was excited to binge that on the flight instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad