Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, I'm going to backtrack on this being a day one purchase for me. If the lag is this bad when it's out, it's going to be miserable time. It's still fun, but I know I'll play this online a lot, and with as much lag as there is, it's going to be more frustrating than enjoyable for me.
So I'm going to hold off for a bit whenever it releases, and insteaad focus my money towards Octopath Traveler, which is a game I really want anyways.

yah. like. i had a few 3-4 bars and then all of a sudden it dropped to 1 bar and lag lag lag.
if the answer is "have it tethered to the internet" then my reply is going to be "this game is not for me." (which sucks, because it's a fun game).

and YAY another Octopath-er. honestly. i am so geeked out. do you know whose story you want to focus on, or who your team will be?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
yah. like. i had a few 3-4 bars and then all of a sudden it dropped to 1 bar and lag lag lag.
if the answer is "have it tethered to the internet" then my reply is going to be "this game is not for me." (which sucks, because it's a fun game).

and YAY another Octopath-er. honestly. i am so geeked out. do you know whose story you want to focus on, or who your team will be?
Yeah, the same thing would happen to me. At the beginning of the match it would be fine, and then just a minute or two later I get 1 bar for the majority of the match.

At the moment I'm thinking of focusing on either the Scholar, Apothecary or Cleric for the first one. No idea who I'll have on my team lol. I might play through the demo again here soon actually.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, the same thing would happen to me. At the beginning of the match it would be fine, and then just a minute or two later I get 1 bar for the majority of the match.

At the moment I'm thinking of focusing on either the Scholar, Apothecary or Cleric for the first one. No idea who I'll have on my team lol. I might play through the demo again here soon actually.

I want to do this
Ophelia (Cleric)
Tressa (Merchant)
Therion (Thief)

and then i'm leaning really heavily about taking H'aanit (Hunter). because of how the job classes are (and both noble/rogue) it looks like it behoves you to try to have two of each option. I want the thief and the merchant, because 1: you can have really good stuff not available and find money/sellable options everywhere (Tressa) and then you can steal crap haah. I always love money in JRPG. I wannnnnt to know about Primrose's story but i know this is a game i'm playing over and over again though my goal will be to try to do the 8 in 1 playthrough.

H'aanit's ability of provoke (and capturing/releasing enemies) just seems so damned cool.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
also. i didn't know this but apparently you can use your gamecube controller with the switch. I've bought the adapter, so now i don't have to buy a pro-controler.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I want to do this
Ophelia (Cleric)
Tressa (Merchant)
Therion (Thief)

and then i'm leaning really heavily about taking H'aanit (Hunter). because of how the job classes are (and both noble/rogue) it looks like it behoves you to try to have two of each option. I want the thief and the merchant, because 1: you can have really good stuff not available and find money/sellable options everywhere (Tressa) and then you can steal crap haah. I always love money in JRPG. I wannnnnt to know about Primrose's story but i know this is a game i'm playing over and over again though my goal will be to try to do the 8 in 1 playthrough.

H'aanit's ability of provoke (and capturing/releasing enemies) just seems so damned cool.
Very interesting stuff. I'll admit I hadn't looked too terribly much into all of the abilities and such about each character. Kind of makes me want to now just to see how everyone truly stacks up. Merchant also has me intrigued quite honestly. Hell they all do

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Very interesting stuff. I'll admit I hadn't looked too terribly much into all of the abilities and such about each character. Kind of makes me want to now just to see how everyone truly stacks up. Merchant also has me intrigued quite honestly. Hell they all do

hehe i can tell you (coz i may have or not watched the videos a tonne of times)
because there are two paths Noble/Rogue, each of the four can do the exact same thing

Ophelia/Primrose - lead or allure.
both allow you to get one person to join your party, but Ophelia is noble (so it might not be able to do some certain things) and Primrose (being the dancing prostitute lol) is rogue so if you fail, you'll not be able to get far.

Tressa/Therion - purchase or steal
same thing. you can get rare items from both people.

Cyrus/Alfyn - scrutinize/inquire
if you played bravely default, this is basically the freelancer job, that can let you know about anything/everything. Cryrus is the rogue path. this can also unlock a lot of sidequests (and again get more deals so if you had lets say Tressa + Alfyn. alfyn can open up a lot of deals, and then tressa can get a good price (or if you had Alfyn/Therion, you get the deal, and you can steal the item )

Olberic/H'aanit - challenge/provke.
this can get people out of your way hahaha. Olberic beats them up (and you get more exp) and H'aanit will sic animals on you lmao

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
hehe i can tell you (coz i may have or not watched the videos a tonne of times)
because there are two paths Noble/Rogue, each of the four can do the exact same thing

Ophelia/Primrose - lead or allure.
both allow you to get one person to join your party, but Ophelia is noble (so it might not be able to do some certain things) and Primrose (being the dancing prostitute lol) is rogue so if you fail, you'll not be able to get far.

Tressa/Therion - purchase or steal
same thing. you can get rare items from both people.

Cyrus/Alfyn - scrutinize/inquire
if you played bravely default, this is basically the freelancer job, that can let you know about anything/everything. Cryrus is the rogue path. this can also unlock a lot of sidequests (and again get more deals so if you had lets say Tressa + Alfyn. alfyn can open up a lot of deals, and then tressa can get a good price (or if you had Alfyn/Therion, you get the deal, and you can steal the item )

Olberic/H'aanit - challenge/provke.
this can get people out of your way hahaha. Olberic beats them up (and you get more exp) and H'aanit will sic animals on you lmao
Wow very nice! I had already been thinking of probably playing through the game a few times but after all of this, I'm definitely going to now.
I just finished watching one of those "Everything We Know About" videos and there is more mechanics from Bravely Default into this game than I realized. I know it's made by the same people, but didn't realize until now how much was taken from the game and put into Octopath. Which I don't mind at all since I absolutely loved Bravely Default to begin with.
H'aanit sounds brutal lol. I'll probably end up trying out different make up of team members + combo of classes.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Wow very nice! I had already been thinking of probably playing through the game a few times but after all of this, I'm definitely going to now.
I just finished watching one of those "Everything We Know About" videos and there is more mechanics from Bravely Default into this game than I realized. I know it's made by the same people, but didn't realize until now how much was taken from the game and put into Octopath. Which I don't mind at all since I absolutely loved Bravely Default to begin with.
H'aanit sounds brutal lol. I'll probably end up trying out different make up of team members + combo of classes.

oh, I did forget to mention that you CAN do all eight stories in one playthrough. but honestly this game screams multiple playthroughs just because of all the different options you can and mixtures you do. i think the ideal mix is some rogue/noble for different options in the playthrough.

depending on how many save slots we get i might have one for the eight game playthrough and one for futzing around (probably primrose because i want her story so badly LOL)

on the tennis front
sunday had a lot less lag honestly if my sunday play was anything like friday i wouldn't have cancelled my pre-order

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I'm stoked for Octopath, but I'm in media blackout for some random reason.

there's media blackout everywhere.
gamexplain said they were only allowed to show certain footage and not talk about anything story related. basically massive lockdown.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
also. i need to remind myself never to order from things from geek.wish.com
three orders. three defective cards. oi.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

No names for anything, just 10 $60 SKUs in the database.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Finally playing BOTW again after putting it aside when Persona 5 came out last year.

Damn that’s nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad