Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don’t like Pokémon but I will 100% give that game a chance. It will be a runaway success and make the Switch the best selling video game system of all time...aside from PC I guess.

Smash in 2018 followed by the first ever big screen Pokémon of all time in 2019. Nintendo are back to printing money for at least the next 5 or 6 years.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don’t like Pokémon but I will 100% give that game a chance. It will be a runaway success and make the Switch the best selling video game system of all time...aside from PC I guess.

Smash in 2018 followed by the first ever big screen Pokémon of all time in 2019. Nintendo are back to printing money for at least the next 5 or 6 years.
Just imagine if FE or MP4 are due out anytime soon.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It looks like a straightforward 3DS style pokemon game on the switch.

I went back to pokemon with pokemon x and pokemon black this past year or so and I can't say I like them much. I loved it as a young kid but it's just a bit too simple for me nowadays.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Price for Let’s Go is $99 preorder at EB here, the Pokeball accessory $90. Switches are still at $549 and our dollar is not much weaker than the Canadian. :eek:

Don’t think I’ll be grabbing one any time soon. It’s a shame cause I definitely feel like part of the target demographic. My days of getting really deep into the core games died with Diamond and Pearl, so I’d love something I lighter I can sit back on the couch with.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Nintendo working solely from their spreadsheets again figuring that Pokemon Go had a billion downloads so that must mean it's good.

I mean, that game looks great. Yeah, it’s got the odd catching mechanics of Pokémon Go, but it also appears to have trainer battles, so that aspect is still alive and well. Plus, co-op Pokémon battles? Wherever you take the Switch? That’s just printing money right there.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Im a WiiU owner who will not buy a Switch because i feel like Nintendo hasnt learned they need current third party games on their platforms and because I dont buy handhelds but Im hoping for a true home console announcement from Nintendo because i think the Switch is a successor to the 3ds. With that being said i will give a list of wants that my Wii U had that Switch must get...

1. A better controller with a real dpad.
2. Current third party games
3. Access to virtual console games
4. New first party games not ports i already have owned and played.
5. A serious cpu upgrade to the dock thst turns the Switch into a real home console.

Am I asking for too much has a abused WiiU owner?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Thats a list of what will be playable, no? Not a list for what they are showing.

Frankly I don't care at all what is or is not playable at the show.

Mario Tennis online demo begins tonight at 9 et!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I am down for Fortnite. I tried it on PC and I just don't get it, but I'll try it on Switch and hope for the best. I want to like it.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
1. A better controller with a real dpad.
2. Current third party games
3. Access to virtual console games
4. New first party games not ports i already have owned and played.
5. A serious cpu upgrade to the dock thst turns the Switch into a real home console.

1. That already exists. The pro controller.

2. Already sort of happening (Doom, Castlevania)

3. Never gonna happen, those games are forever locked on your Wii U

4. Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids....no doubt this list needs to improve, but I am confident it will....plus I love ports anyway

B474422E-4FC2-4F28-A78C-1EE7D3F80970_zps4awdigs9.gif

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Nintendo has definitely been looking at improving the power of the switch and with how far external GPU tech has come I wouldn't be surprised to see at least (and hopefully at most) one new dock that would provide extra power. They've already applied for a patent for a product that does that sort of thing.

That said I could see nothing coming of it as well and them just doing the 3ds formula.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The pro-controller is very good, but I'm not a fan of the d-pad either.

Third party games never bothered me as much because I usually have all of the consoles, but I will say, when there are games on multiple consoles and the performance is the same, I often go the way of the Switch. I.E Celeste, Mega Man 11, Owlboy, the handheld mode is a big seller for me when it comes to 2d games.

The Switch is only taking off and its future is very bright, it's already had such an excellent launch.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Pokemon and Smash Bros for the holiday season means it is going to be the hottest item once again.

Those games will also help Nintendo's push to make the Switch a 'personal' gaming device and get multiple Switches into homes.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Would have to assume that Yoshi, FE, MP4 or maybe a surprise or two will be shown as well.

All they really need to do is put all their major franchises on the Switch and watch it sell like hotcakes.

And MOTHER 3 please.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Im a WiiU owner who will not buy a Switch because i feel like Nintendo hasnt learned they need current third party games on their platforms and because I dont buy handhelds but Im hoping for a true home console announcement from Nintendo because i think the Switch is a successor to the 3ds. With that being said i will give a list of wants that my Wii U had that Switch must get...

If you haven't been paying attention at all this is Nintendo's next gen console. And with the success they're having with the hybrid portable setup and the benefit of being able to merge the two departments (home/portable) this will most likely be the standard going forward.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Colombian soccer team posting Instagram stories of like 7 guys all playing Mario Kart on their Switches. Definitely not a promo pic either (like some "teams playing the Switch" pictures have definitely been).

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Those games will also help Nintendo's push to make the Switch a 'personal' gaming device and get multiple Switches into homes.

This is how it is at my home, I have one and my soon-to-be stepson has one. What was I going to do if he took the Switch to his dad's and I had a craving for Zelda?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Mario Tennis: Aces file size is 1.8 GB.

If the game delivers then I am for sure downloading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad