Confirmed with Link: nino to preds

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I am super stoked about this, I was already hoping we would sign him considering hes likely the best remaining option. Term isnt too bad, neither is the price. This team should already look way better just with the addition of McD, now adding Nino up front to replace Kunin? Solid offseason imo. If there was a way to add Tkachuk on top of that? Unlikely but would be insane.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I could see Nino on the third line. Would personally rather give the younger guys a shot than a 30 year old Nino who can barely hit 50 points in a season. I mean Jeannot almost had 50 pointslast season in his first full season and not on top lines either. Tomasino is gonna be something so he should top six 100% I feel.

Forsberg Duchene Granlund
Jeannot Johansen Tomasino
Tolvanen Glass Nino
Sanford Sissons Trenin

I like the looks of this.

I like this. Think Tomasino is a 20 goal guy next season.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Just heard his presser. Two take aways I got was, Josi played a key role in landing him and he thinks he will fit well with either Johansen or Granlund.

I’m freaking stoked!
So i guess that means he’s for sure in the top 6 (not very surprising). Now the question is who’s the other winger

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
So i guess that means he’s for sure in the top 6 (not very surprising). Now the question is who’s the other winger
If there are no other additions or subtractions to the roster, I’d place my money on Jeannot or Tomasino getting slotted in for the start of the season.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I'd put the odds of who gets the last top-6 spot like this:

Tomasino: 40%
Jeannot - 30%
Trenin - 10%
Tolvanen - 10%
Someone else - 10%

I think they're going to keep the herd line together personally, but if they didn't, Jeannot would def go to the top 6.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
From that article: "The coach ensured me regular playing time in the first two lines." That seemed most likely because he mentioned playing with either Johansen or Granlund, but that quote confirms it for us.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
So Nino is on line two likely

Forsberg - Joey/Granlund - Duchene
Nino - Granlund/Joey - Tomasino
Tolvanen - Glass - Jeannot/Sanford
Trenin - Sissons - Sanford/Jeannot

Leonard is a dark horse to snag a spot as well. I think he could fit with a Glass Jeannot line giving him linemates with good size to play with. Unfortunately that would push Tolvanen to the sissons line and I don’t think he fits there

I’m looking forward to camp

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm glad nobody has gone with the "wuuuut Poile was asleep and Josi had to go out and get this guy" angle. It's pretty obvious Poile had already talked to Josi and told him what they could afford and asked Josi to use the Swiss connection to try to seal the deal.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I'd put the odds of who gets the last top-6 spot like this:

Tomasino: 40%
Jeannot - 30%
Trenin - 10%
Tolvanen - 10%
Someone else - 10%

I think they're going to keep the herd line together personally, but if they didn't, Jeannot would def go to the top 6.
The last top 6 spot? I believe there is two available. Nino is not a second line player and is not guaranteed that by any means. I kind of have the feeling we will roll with the big first line and then two mediocre second lines.
I personally feel Tomasino and Jeannot should both be ahead of Nino as far as playing time. They are both so young and both oozing potential. I mean, I said it above, Jeannot was close to 50 points last season (his first full season, will only get better probably) and Nino has only ever hit 50 twice in his career and hes gonna be 30 by season start.

I kind of line these lines:

Tolvanen Glass Nino
Sanford Sissons Trenin

First line is the offense power, while the second 2 lines can get some points as well. That fourth line opponents will hate to play against.

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
The last top 6 spot? I believe there is two available. Nino is not a second line player and is not guaranteed that by any means. I kind of have the feeling we will roll with the big first line and then two mediocre second lines.
I personally feel Tomasino and Jeannot should both be ahead of Nino as far as playing time. They are both so young and both oozing potential. I mean, I said it above, Jeannot was close to 50 points last season (his first full season, will only get better probably) and Nino has only ever hit 50 twice in his career and hes gonna be 30 by season start.

Tolvanen Glass Nino
Sanford Sissons Trenin

First line is the offense power, while the second 2 lines can get some points as well. That fourth line opponents will hate to play against.
I don't agree. I think Nino is a solid 2nd line winger and if he stays healthy I believe he will put up 60-70 points this season.

Reactions: weeze

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Have to keep in mind that Niederraiter and Johansen played together in Portland Winterhawks. They should have some chemistry there. Nino also with Granlund.

Reactions: Viqsi

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN

Tolvanen Glass Nino
Sanford Sissons Trenin

I think I read somewhere that one of the reasons he agreed to sign here was a spot on the top 2 lines. Playing with either Granlund or Johansen as a center.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Reading from the main board, I didn't know RyJo and Nino had excellent chemistry back in the WHL. Now, this was obviously a long time ago, but if things aren't working, I can see them paired up at some point.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I don't agree. I think Nino is a solid 2nd line winger and if he stays healthy I believe he will put up 60-70 points this season.
You are going to be very disappointed I feel, Nino is not a 60-70 point forward. If he can notch 50 I will be very impressed.

Reactions: LCPreds

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I am happy if Nino is at least a 20-20 guy. We need him to finish goals at 5v5. If Tomasino is on the other wing and can also be a 20-20 guy then I think we are getting somewhere. I know Jeannot is tempting to play up, but he has shown he can produce with the role he was given last year. I'm not sure Tomasino can produce what we need without giving him that 2nd line wing spot. We need to start the "how many points, how many goals" thread. I am interested to see what people think.

Reactions: Scoresberg

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I am happy if Nino is at least a 20-20 guy. We need him to finish goals at 5v5. If Tomasino is on the other wing and can also be a 20-20 guy then I think we are getting somewhere. I know Jeannot is tempting to play up, but he has shown he can produce with the role he was given last year. I'm not sure Tomasino can produce what we need without giving him that 2nd line wing spot. We need to start the "how many points, how many goals" thread. I am interested to see what people think.
I agree about Nino, I am sure he will be capable of 20-20 no problem.

I disagree about Jeannot however, I feel like if he has better linemates then Trenin and Sissons he would explode for 55-60 points easily next season. I also feel like he inflates Trenin and Sissons numbers to a degree, the kid is good!

Its exciting to have guys like Jeannot and Tomasino coming up on the roster, plus with other forwards in the system like L'Heureux, Svechov, Kemell, Evangelista, Afanasyev, etc things looks good!

Askarov in net!

Just need to get some solid defensemen in the system, but we may have some hidden gems there already, we all know how well Poile gets stud dmen in later rounds...

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It's pretty fun to play around with lines right now because there are a whole lot of intriguing combinations. I agree with others that Jeannot and Trenin might be better off playing with a better offensive center than Sissons but I still think we start the year with the Herd. It is sort of a question of optimizing for the best production across the lineup even if that means Jeannot/Trenin get a little bit hamstrung.

I think we'll see a whole lot of different combos in the season but I expect coming out of camp we see:

Forsberg-Granlund-Duchene
Niedereitter-Johansen-Tomasino
Herd
Tolvanen-Glass-?

Reactions: Scoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad