Proposal: Nino Niederreiter to EDM

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we put him on the wing he could be nice, but I agree. The last thing we need is a streaky, injury-prone winger. We have enough of those.

Why would we acquire a player who can adequately play C and then switch him to the wing?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I just don’t think Edmonton has the pieces available that Minnesota would want to make their team better.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
They have one piece. Draisaitl.

I'd package Nino+(whole lot) for Draisaitl. Dude looks amazing and plays exactly like his father used to play.

Long career and franchise building block imo. Defnitely something Fenton could look into, since he has more balls to pull big trades than Fletch.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
We don’t need Strome. We need to develop Ek. With koivu and Staal already in the mix, that would mean Strome is either on the 4th line or we totally kill ek’s Development and put him in the 4th line again. The only way is see us trading nino to Edmonton is in a package around RNH, and I know you guys don’t want to do that.
the thing is Edmonton should do it. they have the worst group of wingers in all of hockey (They also have the best centers) but having centers playing wing isn't ideal. just as wings playing center isnt.

Sooner or later someone in edmonton will realize that playing people out of position isn't the best thing to do.

McDavid and Neiderreiter is better than McDavid and RNH, simply because RNH thinks like a center not as a winger and that momentary indecision hurts team cohesion. Centers think differently than wingers do. And RNH is just as creative as any center but that doesn't mean he sees the play exactly as McDavid will. And that creates indecision

It's great having multiple great centers but they need their own lines or their creativity can get in the way

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
the thing is Edmonton should do it. they have the worst group of wingers in all of hockey (They also have the best centers) but having centers playing wing isn't ideal. just as wings playing center isnt.
Sooner or later someone in edmonton will realize that playing people out of position isn't the best thing to do.

McDavid and Neiderreiter is better than McDavid and RNH, simply because RNH thinks like a center not as a winger and that momentary indecision hurts team cohesion. Centers think differently than wingers do. And RNH is just as creative as any center but that doesn't mean he sees the play exactly as McDavid will. And that creates indecision

It's great having multiple great centers but they need their own lines or their creativity can get in the way

You think Niederereiter can take better faceoffs than RNH, thus having better puck possession than he does?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You think Niederereiter can take better faceoffs than RNH, thus having better puck possession than he does?
no I dont.

I'm saying that centers are creative they see the ice through a different lens than wingers do. So while McDavid may see a play developing one way, RNH often sees things another because he too is creative. And often that leads to not being in sync. a wingers job is to play off his center and let the center find him. And then bury the puck. It's more instinctual than it is creative.

Watching McDavid. You can often see how frustrated he becomes when he makes a great play but his wingers aren't where they should be. I'm saying too many creative minds spoil the broth. Get him real wingers instead of centers and McDavid would be better.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd package Nino+(whole lot) for Draisaitl. Dude looks amazing and plays exactly like his father used to play.

Long career and franchise building block imo. Defnitely something Fenton could look into, since he has more balls to pull big trades than Fletch.

Edmonton would want Nino to play with Draisaitl, not swap them.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Maybe Nino isn't in Fenton's new plan, but have to think if dealt it's more of a hockey trade that would mean a similar age and skilled player coming back
Exactly why do people have such hard time understanding this? But I would rather do it with Coyle though. I mean Nino scored 18 goals basically playing on one leg.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I find it hilarious that RNH is now " untouchable". Just when you think that EDM fans have been humbled a bit after this last year...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If EDM wants any of MN's wingers, it should be Zucker. He is about the only guy who can keep up with McD...I wouldn't be shocked at all if he scored 40+ with him.

Nino is a different type player. Only thing that EDM realistically offers is their 10th + some prospect. I don't know if MN wants to do that....certainly would make them worse in the short term, and I don't think management is ready to do that. As a fan, I like the idea of getting younger, and reloading. Wild have proven over the past few years that they just don't have enough, as presently constructed. They'd have to hope that the 10th turns into a top 6 player 3-4 years down the road...

EDM has all sorts of needs, but don't have much to offer. They will rightly not want to trade LD, or Nurse. I don't see the appeal of RNH. Pulju is a giant question mark.

There are lots of other teams out there besides EDM. Maybe a change of scenery deal with CAR, or FLA?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If EDM wants any of MN's wingers, it should be Zucker. He is about the only guy who can keep up with McD...I wouldn't be shocked at all if he scored 40+ with him.

Nino is a different type player. Only thing that EDM realistically offers is their 10th + some prospect. I don't know if MN wants to do that....certainly would make them worse in the short term, and I don't think management is ready to do that. As a fan, I like the idea of getting younger, and reloading. Wild have proven over the past few years that they just don't have enough, as presently constructed. They'd have to hope that the 10th turns into a top 6 player 3-4 years down the road...

EDM has all sorts of needs, but don't have much to offer. They will rightly not want to trade LD, or Nurse. I don't see the appeal of RNH. Pulju is a giant question mark.

There are lots of other teams out there besides EDM. Maybe a change of scenery deal with CAR, or FLA?

They already have RNH to play with McDavid; they want somebody to play with Draisaitl now.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Why would we acquire a player who can adequately play C and then switch him to the wing?

Because the player would give us more depth on the wing, and we don’t really have space for him down the middle. And remember I said that he would be a nice add on the wing, I didn’t say I thought we should trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad