Proposal: Nino Niederreiter to EDM

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
:edmontonNino Niederreiter @ 1.25 million retained

:wild2019 1st (unprotected), 2018 2nd, Pontus Aberg

Definitely a risky move for both teams, and I wouldn't do it if I wasn't confident the Oilers would make the playoffs next year. Nino played extremely well with Draisaitl at the World Cup and I think they would mesh well with Kailer Yamamoto. It would give them a killer top 6 of:

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Nino - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

Last edited:

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Id do that

Nino + Drai looked great together at the WC last summer.

But I think Minnie would want something better than Aberg as a +

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Nah, value may be okay but I’d only trade Nino in a package for an upgrade at forward.

Futures probably won’t interest the Wild seeing as how they want to compete next year. Definitely not retaining on that contract either.

Reactions: Grabner

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Rebuilding's not on the table for Minnesota right now, but even as a rebuild move I don't like it. The best piece in that deal is a (likely) mid-late 1st.

As a realistic move for this offseason I don't think it's close to what Minnesota would want for Nino.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
edmbK.gif

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
It clears some salary space for Minnie, but I get you don’t want strictly futures. What if Yamamoto was in place of the 2019 1st? His development shows that he is almost ready for prime time.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe Nino isn't in Fenton's new plan, but have to think if dealt it's more of a hockey trade that would mean a similar age and skilled player coming back

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It clears some salary space for Minnie, but I get you don’t want strictly futures. What if Yamamoto was in place of the 2019 1st? His development shows that he is almost ready for prime time.
What do you suppose the chances are that Yamamoto someday becomes a better player than Nino? Unless the odds of that are high (and I'm not sure why they would be), it still doesn't make any sense.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Maybe Nino isn't in Fenton's new plan, but have to think if dealt it's more of a hockey trade that would mean a similar age and skilled player coming back
I can’t think of another forward more important than Nino other than Granlund. Those two are good now and likely for the foreseeable future. I’d trade any other forward before those two.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Id do it for sure. Minny could also clear up money and persue Tavares, although idk why he would go to a bubble team that doesn't really have a shot at the cup without big changes made. Therefore, i dont think the Wild do it. Maybe Strome + 2019 unprotected 1st + 2019 Isles 3rd?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Id do it for sure. Minny could also clear up money and persue Tavares, although idk why he would go to a bubble team that doesn't really have a shot at the cup without big changes made. Therefore, i dont think the Wild do it. Maybe Strome + 2019 unprotected 1st + 2019 Isles 3rd?
I don't even know how to respond to these anymore...

If Nino Niederreiter was a planet, these offers would be moons orbiting a completely different planet. In a different solar system.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Not that EDM fans haven't said this a million times before but, RNH IS UNTOUCHABLE. There, its there for everyone to see. Management and the fans see him as a huge part of our long term success and him being Mcdavids winger is pretty much cemented.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not that EDM fans haven't said this a million times before but, RNH IS UNTOUCHABLE. There, its there for everyone to see. Management and the fans see him as a huge part of our long term success and him being Mcdavids winger is pretty much cemented.

w3hUyFC.gif

Reactions: Digitalbooya

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Not that the scenerio is likely, but even in a hypothetical sense you don't consider adding Taverse to an already 100 point team a big change?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
:edmontonNino Niederreiter @ 1.25 million retained

:wild2019 1st (unprotected), 2018 2nd, Pontus Aberg

Definitely a risky move for both teams, and I wouldn't do it if I wasn't confident the Oilers would make the playoffs next year. Nino played extremely well with Draisaitl at the World Cup and I think they would mesh well with Kailer Yamamoto. It would give them a killer top 6 of:

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Nino - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

The Wild wouldn’t do that deal without retaining. They would most likely not be to interested in futures.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

We don’t need Strome. We need to develop Ek. With koivu and Staal already in the mix, that would mean Strome is either on the 4th line or we totally kill ek’s Development and put him in the 4th line again. The only way is see us trading nino to Edmonton is in a package around RNH, and I know you guys don’t want to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad