Nine candidates for the Red Wings in Round 2 of the NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It's hilarious to me that people still complain about The Athletic after like 6 months of the best hockey content we've ever had. "I just don't know if I want to pay!"
Don't assume other people's budget. Some of us might have a fixed income with dependent, kids ,wife etc. Paid content shouldn't be posted here at least without a warning....

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Players posted in this article I also like for Round 2: Bjornfot, Thomson, Matt Robertson, Nick Robertson, Sogaard

Additional players I like in Round 2: Henriksson, Rees, Cajkovic

Too bad Prashant Lyer wasn't analyzing based on the stats I usually use on my analyze.

But it was very informative, deeper stats than regular stats.

More and more I study about prospect defencemen, I like defenceman who can score goals. Byram, Thomson, York, Björnfot from these guys mentioned on the article.

It's so hard for defenceman to score goals, and if you can do it more than others, it will mean:

- You are not shooting wide that much.
- You are not shooting on the first blocker that much.
- You are smart enough to take shots a little bit nearer the net, buying the percentages when entering from Low-danger zone to Medium-danger.
- You are smart enough to use screeners to hide your shot.

Defenceman who usually have 3+40 = 43 points style of seasons, are not smart enough.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
There's a thing called a smartphone. It's a mobile device similar to a desktop. That's what I'm using.

Good news is smart phones are even easier, so no need to get pissy. Press and hold on the link and it should accomplish the same thing in the center of your screen.

It shouldn't fall on the shoulders of the person posting the link to consider how paid content will make people upset. You either have the ability to view the content or you don't. If you don't, that's perfectly okay and you can ask for a synopsis, but nobody should expect the world to bend over backwards and avoid sharing content they enjoy because a few people decide not to pay for it.

But this does bring up a conversation that we may consider worthwhile. Is there a way to have additional prefix options added for new threads? Like adding "The Athletic" similar to how we have "TSN", or "Pronman", or add "Max Bultman" to the Wings page to go with "Ansar Khan" or "Helene St James", and that way the related content would be made obvious right away. In a pre-existing thread I don't how we can avoid it other than checking the link before you follow it.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Posting the list without copy and pasting it is fine. He doesn't have the copyright to their names.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'll weigh in, since I know all of you were dying for it.

Posting an article as a new thread, of any kind, should be accompanied by some commentary from the original poster. And in the event of a paywalled article, that commentary should give the general impression of the article so those unable to access it can still partake in the discussion.

As evidenced by this thread, simply dropping a link that a minority of the forum can access isn't terribly suited for conversation. But there's also great content to discuss, so it's worth acknowledging these sources but in a way that doesn't fragment who and who can't participate.

So if you feel compelled to share gated content, of course, but understand you need to give everyone a chance to at least try to get what you found interesting and why you are linking it.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I like all of the defensemen listed save Valasic. I am a huge Thomson supporter but don't expect that he will be there in the 2nd.

Reactions: Frk It

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
What's the point of a thread if we can't discuss the content? Either we can discuss the players mentioned, or we don't need the thread.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Really? We need a ****ing trigger warning for paid content? How about if you open the thread see it's paid content you simply back out of the thread and try to go about your day while coping with overcoming the 5 seconds of your life you lost.

No you need to post more than just a pay walled article as a thread starter. I can read it but I understand why those that are upset they cant. You start a thread and post absolutely nothing discussion wise and just a link. Its not against site rules to post a general summary of the article.

If people opened this thread, saw some discussion and then realized it was behind a paywall no one would care. Cool, we have athletic subscribers on here that want to post content but this isnt a paid website so if youre posting that shit, post a summary of what you want to discuss from it

Reactions: wingsnut19

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm closing this because without any sort of info about what was in the article (though, thanks to @Frk It for a partial list and trying to be on topic) and people freaking out about the source there's no point to the thread. so, it's dead.

I'm just going to refer folks back up to Bench's post above about starting threads with articles and customary things to do and include.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad