Nine candidates for the Red Wings in Round 2 of the NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is there any limit for those Athletic quotes?

Like, I've taken some short parts, where the main message is, and it has been no problem?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So either get a subscription or ignore the post? It's a breach of conduct to share paid content. It would essentially be stealing.

No it isnt. You cant post full articles, so from this article you could post the names but not necessarily player breakdowns. Youre just not supposed to give the whole article away.

Posting a link to a pay walled article and then saying nothing about it is a waste

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Players posted in this article I also like for Round 2: Bjornfot, Thomson, Matt Robertson, Nick Robertson, Sogaard

Additional players I like in Round 2: Henriksson, Rees, Cajkovic

Reactions: lilidk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's hilarious to me that people still complain about The Athletic after like 6 months of the best hockey content we've ever had. "I just don't know if I want to pay!"
It could regularly break news before everybody else on the planet, post the most insightful articles ever written, and explain why the meaning of life is 42...and I'm not paying a cent for it.

There's nothing wrong with subscribing to whatever you like. And I'm not expecting anybody who paid for it to share. But noting that linked information is behind a paywall isn't a huge ask.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Players posted in this article I also like for Round 2: Bjornfot, Thomson, Matt Robertson, Nick Robertson, Sogaard

I think Grewe may have quite a bit of offensive upside, although he has a history of bad hits and penalties which he needs to clean up.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
What's wrong with posting the full articles? Does the athletic fund hfboards?

It's material owned by another site. The short answer is copyright laws and keeping HF shielded from any sort of legal issues. For example, if posters from every team board scraped The Athletic of their articles and posted them in full here all of the time, it would essentially make a membership there worthless. I have to think they wouldn't look kindly upon it.

You can post a short excerpt from the article (I think about a paragraph is fair) and whatever comments of your own. Just don't be cheeky about it and make your "comments" eerily similar to the article. This article, for example, someone suggested just posting a list of the prospects it brings up. Add a comment of your own about a prospect or two, ask for others opinions, and you'd be on your way.

edit: @Henkka missed your post further up. Yeah, a short excerpt is fine.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You can't tell where it's from until AFTER you click the link. Go do something else.

Not to raise conflict, but if you are sitting on your computer and hover your cursor over a link without clicking on it, you get a preview of the link in the bottom left corner of your screen. I highly recommend using that for any link you're unfamiliar with so you don't fall victim to someone sharing a malicious link.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019

Just liked bjornfot and beecher from the article , as well as the Russian goalie but I’d skip on him and take an alnefelt with the 3rd rounder and go for 3 forwards/d’s , I like puistola,fagemo And holmstrom off the top of my head not listed in the article for the second round

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Can't pay for every little thing on the internet that there is. I'm not asking people to steal content, but it is also annoying that so many people post stuff from pay sites.

Are you seeing a lot of quality content from free sites? If so, feel free to post that stuff.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
lol, I am thinking of cancelling my membership because there is too much great content!:laugh: I can't keep up with it all!

Never in my life did I think someone would go out of their way to attempt to make me feel wrong for enjoying quality content and share the content with other people who all enjoy quality content. And to think people will still pay money for ESPN's "reporting" on their television.

I can't control anyone's ability to buy a subscription, but if they choose to not buy one, I sure as hell don't want to listen to them whine about the people that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad