Confirmed with Link: Nilsson to Buffalo for a 2017 5th round pick

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Good thing we traded for him in the first place!

But thank the lord we have Hutton and not this guy backing up.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Good thing we traded for him in the first place!

But thank the lord we have Hutton and not this guy backing up.

It basically cost us Lundstrom, a prospect who was never going to see an NHL net, to have an NHL backup as insurance if our only health goalie got hurt last season. We gave up a 5th and got a 5th in the deals to trade for him and trade him away, so that is a wash. That is probably about as well as you could have played that.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Honestly it can't be viewed as a negative. We rented him for a month or so and the only cost was Lundstrom, which should be viewed as addition by subtraction since we dumped his contract.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Anatomy-of-a-Meme.jpg

GOOD

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It basically cost us Lundstrom, a prospect who was never going to see an NHL net, to have an NHL backup as insurance if our only health goalie got hurt last season. We gave up a 5th and got a 5th in the deals to trade for him and trade him away, so that is a wash. That is probably about as well as you could have played that.
I know, the return is fine and it doesn't matter. But given how little he played, it was pointless in the first place.

Hopefully Husso can get to the AHL quickly with his play.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And who said Armstrong isn't able to make a trade for futures. That 5th rounder is the going to be the future of our franchise.
****, no wonder the Shattenkirk trade is getting held up. Boston doesn't have a 2017 5th rounder to give us for him. They traded it to Carolina for Liles at the deadline.

Luckily Armstrong responded to adversity quickly to secure our future.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I figured they'd lose him for nothing.

He was an insurance policy that was never called upon, but they pretty much broke even. And I'm glad he didn't get buried in the AHL needlessly.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
We traded our 2017 5th to get Bleackley. We now retain it by trading a useless asset. It won't make any significant change but it ain't bad.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
wow armstrong is the worst!!!!!!! he couldnt get a 1st rounder for nilsson? fire him already

another great trade and move

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
When was the first great trade?

shattenkirk-ej trade
halak
dagastini
jbo
dumping brad boyes and his contract
getting rid of human cone brewer

im sure there are many others, those are the ones off the top of my head. the armstrong haters wont mention any of those though, doesnt fit their narrative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad