Value of: Nikolaj Ehlers

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
8 million for 8 years, according to the agent for William Nylan- no. No, zaqq. Don't go there.

I'd say Ehlers' value is pretty high. Slow start to this season. But he has some serious skill.
Ehlers start to the year is yet another reason you don't pay Nylander 8 million because he "might" get better. Well....he might not.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ehlers should be worth a ton. Wish that he wasn't in the Central. I would offer one of MN's top 4 Dmen(with a +/-, depending on the player), but I would hate to beef up WPG's D with one of Spurgeon, Brodin, or Dumba, and WPG would not do it in any event. Ehlers appears to be a bit off his feed, but he is the sort of forward made for today's NHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ehlers start to the year is yet another reason you don't pay Nylander 8 million because he "might" get better. Well....he might not.
You're right about NYlander, or any young player w/o an established track record, but let's not get hysterical about a slow start to the season.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Its pronounced Nikolaj.

tenor.gif

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I read from the finnish discussion forum that some HFBoards writers have proposed here that Ehlers is the player the Jets are going to trade away if they have cap problems next summer, when they sign Laine, Trouba etc. I don't know what kind of cap situation the Jets have, so what do you think about it?

IF the Jets trade Ehlers away, what kind of players the Jets needs back? Cost controlled youngish dmen or something else?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I read from the finnish discussion forum that some HFBoards writers have proposed here that Ehlers is the player the Jets are going to trade away if they have cap problems next summer, when they sign Laine, Trouba etc. I don't know what kind of cap situation the Jets have, so what do you think about it?

IF the Jets trade Ehlers away, what kind of players the Jets needs back? Cost controlled youngish dmen or something else?
There's other casualties ie: Perreault Kulikov that would get deal prior to Ehlers

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Whileee

May 29, 2010

You don't trade away a top talent on a very good long term deal to deal with cap problems. Ehlers is going to be a long-term Jet. His play recently has been absolutely outstanding, and now the offense is starting to flow.

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
He’s definitely a streaky player, but so skilled. With Connor, Laine, Trouba and Myers all due for contracts; besides Myers who they will probably let walk, they all need big pay days. That’s the only way I can see him available.
From the Oilers, i’d go either Yamamoto and a 1st or Spooner, Benson and a 1st.
Gives them a 1st and a young, cheap forward prospect with good potential to fill in.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
He’s definitely a streaky player, but so skilled. With Connor, Laine, Trouba and Myers all due for contracts; besides Myers who they will probably let walk, they all need big pay days. That’s the only way I can see him available.
Gives them a 1st and a young, cheap forward prospect with good potential to fill in.

Jets hang up and keep the guy signed long term for 6 million.

Reactions: Snowman

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Jets have no need or reason at this point to trading him barring a trade that improves the team. Neither of those offers would be any interest imo.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
In a year or two if Vesalainen is the real deal, all of a sudden trading Ehlers becomes a distinct possibility.

Connor is better. Vesalainen could be a cheap top six. Jets may need help on defense. May need huge help on defense if they can't lock Trouba up long term.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Andreas Ferrari

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
Ehlers should be worth a ton. Wish that he wasn't in the Central. I would offer one of MN's top 4 Dmen(with a +/-, depending on the player), but I would hate to beef up WPG's D with one of Spurgeon, Brodin, or Dumba, and WPG would not do it in any event. Ehlers appears to be a bit off his feed, but he is the sort of forward made for today's NHL.

I think this is a really fair offer. I'm not keen on trading Ehlers at the moment, but if Trouba is leaving and Vesalainen looks like a viable replacement, I'd be interested in Dumba for Ehlers (adds where necessary to balance it out). I was really impressed by Dumba's game in the playoffs last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad