Value of: Nikolaj Ehlers

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
8 million for 8 years, according to the agent for William Nylan- no. No, zaqq. Don't go there.

I'd say Ehlers' value is pretty high. Slow start to this season. But he has some serious skill.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
He's in the first year of his contract, so probably isn't available.

For the sake of discussion, I'd say the only thing that makes sense is a young top 4 D-man. Maybe a C if it's really good value.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
He has played awesome the last little while even if the stats don't really show it. Not available.

Reactions: north49er

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Slow start like the entire team, but like the team he’s starting to getting going lately. Zero interest in trading him, in the future the only reason to trade him is for a good young top 4 D. Our LHD has Josh and the future looks good with Niku & Samberg. Our future RHD is in question if we let Myers walk or traded, Trouba is maybe traded this summer and Buff has only two years left.....we really don’t have any top 4 RHD prospects. So if eventually Ehlers was traded I think it would be to help the RHD situation down the road.

Don’t need to trade him for a centre bc while our C’s don’t score a ton (outside of Mark S) they are very good defensively and our wingers score bucket loads......so doesn’t really what where the scoring is coming from as long as it’s happening.

Jan 21, 2018
He has played awesome the last little while even if the stats don't really show it. Not available.

translation: he's been playing like shit this season and his value is at an all time low so we can't trade him right now without selling low

Jan 21, 2018
He's in the first year of his contract, so probably isn't available.

For the sake of discussion, I'd say the only thing that makes sense is a young top 4 D-man. Maybe a C if it's really good value.

apparently nylander is only worth pesce so good luck getting anything but a defensive dman for Ehlers especially since he's not living up to his contract right now

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
translation: he's been playing like **** this season and his value is at an all time low so we can't trade him right now without selling low

apparently nylander is only worth pesce so good luck getting anything but a defensive dman for Ehlers especially since he's not living up to his contract right now
Too much stupidity for one post so you had to split it up into two?

Ehlers is on a great contract. He'll probably hit 30 goals, 35 assists this season. You should look up what first line players make.

Gumbyman2

Sep 12, 2018
Curious as to what is the current market value for
Nikolaj Ehlers
Maybe say a Ryan Pulock and Josh Ho-Sang out of NYI? Or possibly Phillipe Myers nd say Morgan Frost out of Philly?
How does that sound, if...and only if signs of Trouba and Myers not being attainable in the future (next year)?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I get this is all speculation but, moving Ehlers would be creating a hole to fill a hole.
Not available.
As for value, it’s purely in what the Jets get him re-signed with at contract time.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Too much stupidity for one post so you had to split it up into two?

Ehlers is on a great contract. He'll probably hit 30 goals, 35 assists this season. You should look up what first line players make.

You expect him to hit 65 points when he's on pace for 36? :laugh::laugh:. You realize would need to score 57 points in 64 games to hit that right? Hes never scored at that clip before in his career but okay..

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
You expect him to hit 65 points when he's on pace for 36? :laugh::laugh:. You realize would need to score 57 points in 64 games to hit that right? Hes never scored at that clip before in his career but okay..
You think he scored at a constant "clip" every other year? Players who are in that 60+ point range usually get there by scoring at a high pace for awhile and cooling off for awhile. Panicking when they cool off is shortsighted.

Ehlers has been on the top line the last few games and looks like another player entirely. Him and Laine don't work well together, nor do they work with Little, so having those three split up looks to be benefiting everyone. I could see him going on a tear any game now.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
You think he scored at a constant "clip" every other year? Players who are in that 60+ point range usually get there by scoring at a high pace for awhile and cooling off for awhile. Panicking when they cool off is shortsighted.

Ehlers has been on the top line the last few games and looks like another player entirely. Him and Laine don't work well together, nor do they work with Little, so having those three split up looks to be benefiting everyone. I could see him going on a tear any game now.

He does currently have 4 points in his last 5 games since being moved to the top line, but that pace gets you 65 points over a full season, it would result in only 59 points if he kept that up from here on out. The issue is that he isn't on the first powerplay unit so it's hard for him to get points in bunches when they all have to come at even strength.

Still very valuable and isn't available in real life without an overpayment that we couldn't refuse. As we're currently in our cup window we also wouldn't be interested in any futures right now so we'd need to make our team better today without taking on any additional cap and that move couldn't gut us for the future either, i.e. for a rental like Panarin.

I don't see a deal out there for right now. In the future we may need a top pair RHD if Trouba leaves. In 2 seasons, if Trouba leaves maybe we look at something then but for now he's not going anywhere.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009

He's a pretty streaky guy. It's possible that he has a down year and scores less, but he's hit 60 pts two years in a row and is 22 years old. ~20 game spans where a guy is less productive than normal aren't uncommon.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think 65 is a stretch but he's had cold streaks and hot streaks before. hes had stretches of ~50 points in ~60 games the past 2 years. I wouldnt be surprised if he is in the high 50s by end of the year

Whileee

May 29, 2010
translation: he's been playing like **** this season and his value is at an all time low so we can't trade him right now without selling low
Translation: since being drafted he's shown that he's a dynamic young talent and has had a very good rookie season and then two very strong NHL seasons before age 22, and the Jets' management are too smart to base a trade decision on point production in a dozen early season games.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Curious as to what is the current market value for
Nikolaj Ehlers

I think his value is a bit low at the moment... but cant see a trade at the moment. let him play out the season and ask again

Winnipeg seems really in tight with the cap when laine, Connors, trouba get their new deals

adding 18 mill to their current 56 mill puts them at 74 mill for just 15 contracts and that includes simply waiving goodbye to myers and creating a hole in his spot of the lineup

I think its very possible ehlers could be the guy shopped to create some room... find a couple useful depth/role players who make less than 6 million

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You don't seem to understand the concept of sample size. In any case, he's scored at a pace of 0.80 or more points per game for stretches of 60+ games before, which would take him to about 60 points for the season. Considering that he doesn't play on the 1st power play and is on a team with a lot of forward depth, that would be another very strong season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think his value is a bit low at the moment... but cant see a trade at the moment. let him play out the season and ask again

Winnipeg seems really in tight with the cap when laine, Connors, trouba get their new deals

adding 18 mill to their current 56 mill puts them at 74 mill for just 15 contracts and that includes simply waiving goodbye to myers and creating a hole in his spot of the lineup

I think its very possible ehlers could be the guy shopped to create some room... find a couple useful depth/role players who make less than 6 million
Ehlers is on a fantastic value deal. The Jets would be crazy to trade him for a couple of "depth" pieces, and the Jets aren't crazy. Next season they'll be able to fit all of their core players if they don't re-sign Myers and move Perreault and Kulikov. They will do that long before they trade Ehlers for lesser players. Oh, and if Trouba isn't re-signed, they'll have plenty of cap space.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
How so? Jake Guentzel is a proven playoff performer. Ehlers, not so much so. They are not that far apart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad