Confirmed with Link: Nikolai Khabibulin returns to Hawks (1 yr deal)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I still like Khabibulin for his PO run with us. Would have prefered to keep him and trade Huet back then

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Might do something in his contract year. Oh wait, he'll probably be retiring by then.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Hi guys, Oilers fan, just thought I'd chime in.

Khabi is still a quality goalie. He had one bad year on an awful Oilers team, but the last few years he has been very good (when healthy) on slightly better Oilers teams. His lateral movement isn't great, but he reads the game well so it doesn't matter as much, he anticipates the play and is still a real treat to watch imo. I've been a Khabi fan since I saw him go beast mode in the playoffs with the Jets a long time ago.

I'm sure you guys are familiar with him, just wanted to say he hasn't lost much if any since he was with you guys.

Congrats on the cup too, I've liked the Blackhawks since you stomped on the Flames and Canucks in the playoffs (2008?).

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
thanks for the words and it was the 2008/09 season when we beat the Flames and Nucks but lost to the Wings. Khabby was good this season and beat out the high priced new signed UFA Huet. Funny to think about that he was waived before the season started and nobody wanted him with his contract at that time.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Welcome back.

images

Still remember his stop on Semin...

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
CapGeek just posted Khabby's bonus clause. $5000 per game played, max $300k.

Crawford averaged 57 games the last two full seasons. Expect $125k in bonus for Khabby if Crawford stays healthy.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN
Raanta on Khabibulin signing: "It was obvious they were going to take some goaie there. They didn't promise me I’d be one of the top two."

Straight from the horse's mouth. Khabi is not an issue for Raanta.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ever since he signed I knew it wouldn't be a problem. He said himself at the time that he was OK with spending a year in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad