Niklas Hjalmarsson Appreciation Thread

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
The beauty of this guy is that you hardly ever know he's on the ice. Very quietly making good plays, good decisions, and generally being responsible and reliable in his own end all game long.

As mentioned in another thread one of the best (maybe THE best?) #3 d man in the league. Dare I say a number 2 guy on some teams?

Don't know that he will ever be a guy that puts up loads of points; and that's ok because he never gives any up either.

This one's for you, Hammer.

:clap:

Discuss.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
He has been playing like a good #2 the past year and this year so far. IMO, might be one of the most underrated defenseman in the league just because he doesn't put up points.

So happy he's on our team. He's everything I love to see in a defenseman.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
tumblr_mehuhhbbmg1r41emlo1_500.gif

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He has been playing like a good #2 the past year and this year so far. IMO, might be one of the most underrated defenseman in the league just because he doesn't put up points.

So happy he's on our team. He's everything I love to see in a defenseman.

He's been quite good offensively this year too. Doesn't get any power play time so it'll be hard to put up a lot of points.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
He's been awesome this year. The main knock against him in the past has been that he was afraid of his own shadow in the offensive zone, but he's been outright adventurous this year. That bodes well for him getting even more ice time.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
He's a perfect fit on this team and since he doesn't contribute too much offensively, he should always be affordable. Career Hawk, I hope.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He's a perfect fit on this team and since he doesn't contribute too much offensively, he should always be affordable. Career Hawk, I hope.

I like your avatar. Well done.

As for Hammer, I've loved him since his first prospect camp and I'm still a huge fan of of his game. He had a bit of a lull after the 2010 season but he's been at the top of his game since. Rock solid in all defensive facets and still has some offensive upside which we're starting to see a little more of this season.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I love his contract more and more with each shift I watch. Extremely talented, extremely valuable

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Him and Oduya will go as a pairing, book it.

Already worth 4.1mil, and he doesnt make that until next year. Glad he's here for a while. So durable, considering his role.

I'm not so sure if I wan't Oduya to make it since it might mean that Brodin or Enström doesn't make it.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
I think at this point he is clearly the best defensive d-man we have. Keith's offensive ability and puck-moving probably still make him the best all-around defenseman we have, but I think Hjalmarsson is more reliable in the D zone. He is our shutdown D-man.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Two goals and seven assists through 18 games for a total of 9 points. Seems like this could be the year he's finally going to put it all together. A 30+ point season from him would be a huge boost to our back end and would go a long way towards building his confidence. I've been saying for a while that his shot from the point is something we could use on the powerplay.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Hes got a very heavy shot and great mobility. Had both since jrs. Wish he would use his shot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad