Recalled/Assigned: Nikitin Waived, Clears, Assigned to Condors

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
no surprise at all. He has zero value with that contract. The only way to get rid of him is to offer a draft pick or some other incentive.

I would rather Katz spend his money in the ahl than waste assets. We are lucky to have a rich owner

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
This is definitely a new regime in charge. I'm not sold that MacT/Lowe would have sent down Nikitin a few years back given his contract status. Now it will be interesting to see what happens with Scrivens - with Nikitin sent down, it wouldn't shock me if they kept three goaltenders. Or, does Davidson make the team now as an 8th defenceman?

Could Nikitin head back to Russia? Likewise, if that's the case, would his contract be off the books? With the depth we have in Bakersfield, I'd prefer Nikitin not stick around so guys like Nurse and LaLeggia can get more minutes.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Woot, so happy right now. Can't believe they gave this guy 4.5M one two years and traded a pick for him. Probably our worst UFA acquisition ever.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The scary part is Gryba is still up. Having competent bottom pairing is not a big wish is it?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Did MacT Skype him to give him the news? Would have been the classy thing to do.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Well that's just good news to wake up to! Do svidaniya, big guy! I think we can survive having Ference's general suckiness around as long as it's just him and not Nikitin too.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Dancing-Homer-Gif.gif

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I am very surprised and pleased that the Oilers are doing this.

I was certain they would keep him around. I'm glad I was wrong about that.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
So where are all the posters who were calling for Nikitin to start in the NHL because Lowe and MacTavish were still in charge blah, blah, blah.

Bet we won't hear from many.

McDeathbyCheerios*

So where are all the posters who were calling for Nikitin to start in the NHL because Lowe and MacTavish were still in charge blah, blah, blah.

Bet we won't hear from many.
In their collective faces!!

But for real, management has balls and are not afraid to use them.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Right decision.

Not a surprise that Chiarelli couldn't find any takers even with retention.

Happy to see that management really is able to make the right move for the team regardless of contract status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad