Proposal: Nikita Zaitsev for Kris Russell

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Connor McMuffin is a Leaf fan, not an Oiler fan. The Oilers fans in this thread do not want Zaitsev. We’d maybe take him for free or very cheap, but we hardly want him ‘so bad’.
A Leafs fan you say? Not so sure about that either.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Russell is what he is. Zatisev should get better. He was better the season before.

I'm not making this deal. I'd rather wait and see what Z does for us.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Russell is what he is. Zatisev should get better. He was better the season before.

I'm not making this deal. I'd rather wait and see what Z does for us.

This.
Give me the guy who sucks but has potential to improve rather than the guy who just sucks.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Oilers should say no. Zaitsev wasn't that great in his first year and his contract is quite a bit worse.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
No way.

Here's what Zaitsev dealt with this season. Broken leg, undisclosed injury which is speculated to be a concussion, and a stomach virus so bad that he lost 5 pounds in 3 days.

I'd rather not give up on him now. Especially for a guy who thinks this is how to play defence.

DMr4azsVQAAKci8.jpg

I had a pretty good laugh at "lost 5lbs in 3 days"

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Leafs need to keep decent 5v5 players that can PK so they don’t find themselves dressing specialty players like Polak who’s only talent is to flip the puck out of the defensive zone. So Leafs trading someone away to help someone else’s PK does not make sense.
So nothing to be said about Zaitsev contract.... I love this thread

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
So nothing to be said about Zaitsev contract.... I love this thread

Meh. The contract doesn’t matter next season. He had one good year and one bad year which was marred by injury. I’m happy to let him redeem himself for another seasons rather than a knee jerk and dump him.

Sorry I know you probably weren’t looking for a reasonable discussion. I’ll back away and let you have your lol time about some relatively small contract issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad