nikita tryamkin

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Is he any good?

been watching him in world juniors-for a young player to be this big and be this coordinated,really smooth skater,imo moves at least as well as morin,always in position,really good effortless shot.looks like man among boys.has mean streak but plays totally under control but hes so big and strong that when you watch him its almost like your worried hes going to hurt somebody.just pushes guys up against boards and controls other players so easily and shuts them down that its hilarious.i want others opinions who watched tournament,please.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
chara copy.

yes,the tsn announcers were comparing him favorably to chara (at same age)and were saying how at 19 ''chara was all arms and legs''.also ferraro said earlier in tournament that he ''could not believe that a team had not drafted him''.he played great today in the bronze medal game. i just cant believe to have this guy playing this well on this stage that the flyers arent making every effort to get him.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
yes,the tsn announcers were comparing him favorably to chara (at same age)and were saying how at 19 ''chara was all arms and legs''.also ferraro said earlier in tournament that he ''could not believe that a team had not drafted him''.he played great today in the bronze medal game. i just cant believe to have this guy playing this well on this stage that the flyers arent making every effort to get him.
Raffl played in Sweden.

I think he had a recent growth spurt. This is the first tournament he played with Russia so that shows how far he has come.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Raffl played in Sweden.

I think he had a recent growth spurt. This is the first tournament he played with Russia so that shows how far he has come.

that would explain alot,did you happen to see bronze medal game?if so what did you think of his performance? also overall what do you think, potential-wise?thanks

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
that would explain alot,did you happen to see bronze medal game?if so what did you think of his performance? also overall what do you think, potential-wise?thanks
I saw the second half of the game. He's impressive but it's only a handful of games. Maxim Goncharov looked like a future Norris trophy winner when I saw him play in 09. He never cracked an NHL lineup. Who knows if he even has a desire to come over. Someone will take a chance and hope he does.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
What if he's made it known that he doesn't plan to come over to NA whether that be immediately or at all.
I find that extremely unlikely. Russian teenagers don't just go and declare whether they plan or do not plan on going to particular places. And even if he did, nothing is ever set in stone, and if a teenager's word is taken as final in scouting evaluations, then I think the scouting staff has bigger issues.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I find that extremely unlikely. Russian teenagers don't just go and declare whether they plan or do not plan on going to particular places. And even if he did, nothing is ever set in stone, and if a teenager's word is taken as final in scouting evaluations, then I think the scouting staff has bigger issues.

so your telling me there's a chance...

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
huge.

I had a thought of Morin, Great Dane, Tryamkin, Grossmann, Coburn and Alt as pairings... HUGE.. ha.

Would be fun to see if they'd **** up other teams forwards...

edit: not a good idea, I realize that before you start to have a hissy fit ;)

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
He's still draft eligible in 2014 and 2015, another 2+ years until he reaches UDFA-eligibility. I'm sure he's worth a mid-round pick if the scouts like him.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
i hope we get this kid with a first (depending where we draft at) or a second I've watched the games honestly kid was sensational for being so young and uses his size very well id love to get him he has potential to turn into a chara (potential not saying he will) but def worth a chance

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
i hope we get this kid with a first (depending where we draft at) or a second I've watched the games honestly kid was sensational for being so young and uses his size very well id love to get him he has potential to turn into a chara (potential not saying he will) but def worth a chance

Highly doubt he goes in the 1st

LVRIX

Nov 18, 2013
Latvia
What if he's made it known that he doesn't plan to come over to NA whether that be immediately or at all. I'm pretty sure he's playing in the KHL right now, meaning he's probably making big bucks. For a kid of 19 that may be more important to him.

Neh, in KHL he plays in team that has big financial issues, so yeah he is not earning big bucks,Most likely he is earning league minum - 45.000 $ per season, with guaranteed 50 % of it, like any other KHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad