Confirmed with Link: Nikita Tryamkin returns to the KHL (signs 3-year deal with Avtomobilist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
... on a team where icetime was shoveled at worse players, where some young players clearly didn't have to 'earn it' and where he was told to play like more of a goon and had his coach openly say we lost a game against Boston because he didn't fight Brad Marchand.

How he was treated by this sad-sack 29th place team was a joke, and it's not surprising that he didn't particularly want to stay here any longer.

This team has plenty of flaws to be sure, but this is utter nonsense. If that is all it took to send him back to the KHL he was never going to stay anyway. His level of commitment to playing in this league was obviously very low.

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
Uh, what?

He ripped both management and coaching in an interview in Russia after leaving, and was clearly EXTREMELY unhappy about how he was treated here. Like, this really shouldn't even be up for debate.

Sure, but it's not what he said in his year end interview. Ripping the Canucks (and exaggerating his lack of icetime) and calling the KHL an equivalent league were both cover for the fact that he didn't want to be here. Frankly, it was immature on his part but, whatever, he owes us nothing.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This team has plenty of flaws to be sure, but this is utter nonsense. If that is all it took to send him back to the KHL he was never going to stay anyway. His level of commitment to playing in this league was obviously very low.

OH YAH?

[fieldset="2016-03-16"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="2016-04-28"][/fieldset]

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Sure, but it's not what he said in his year end interview. Ripping the Canucks (and exaggerating his lack of icetime) and calling the KHL an equivalent league were both cover for the fact that he didn't want to be here. Frankly, it was immature on his part but, whatever, he owes us nothing.

What??? What did he say

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

His issue was pretty clearly more with the lack of communication than directly his icetime. He used icetime as an example of poor communication as he said they didn't tell him what he was doing to cause him to play so little or so much game to game. Another example was his confusion about the situation at the start of the year.

If all you're getting from him is that he was pouting because he thought he should play more, you're either a poor reader or you're being wilfully obtuse. It's unlikely that anyone on here can help you with either of those.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When it comes to draft, there seems to be two categories of Russian players.....those who spend all their time in Russia and then graduate to the KHL, and those who come to NA to play junior.

The younger they are when they come over, the more likely they stay....was interested to read that despite bouncing around and disappointing a couple of teams, former first overall pick Nail Yakupov still wants to re-sign with somebody and stay in the NHL.

But guys like Tryamkin and Nichushkin who played all their junior in Russia, get discouraged and frustrated easily, and head back....still think it's highly likely they both come back to NA eventually.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Give me a break.

He ripped the coaching, was unhappy about his icetime, felt his role wasn't communicated to him, was pissed they wanted him to be a goon, and was unhappy about the saga where he didn't play to start the year.

To try selling this as an 'amicable' parting is beyond laughable. This player was clearly not happy with the organization and how he was treated here.

And everyone should hate management here. They're completely incompetent and prove it on a near-daily basis.

Pump n Dump, I couldn't disagree with your reaction more.

The coaching staff played lesser players ahead of him all season long. He was publicly flailed for not accepting a stint in the AHL. They tried to get him to play like a goon-despite the fact that he is a capable defenceman-and publicly ridiculed him when he didn't. WD blaming him for the Boston loss was ridiculous.

It's no doubt true that his commitment to the NHL wasn't as high as that of a Canadian kid who grew up on the NHL and the Stanley Cup, but that's probably true of quite a few Europeans. The fact is, though, that the Canucks these days aren't an impressive operation and it's not hard to imagine why he'd want to go back to his family, language, culture and a place he felt he got playing time when he earned it and would be treated with a degree of respect for his skills as a hockey player instead of having a coaching staff that sees little beyond his size.

As for his equivalent league comment, when he came over pretty clearly it was to play in the higher league but after spending a season with the train wreck that we all saw this season, not only would he want to say the right thing in Russia in calling the KHL equivalent but he might well consider his team and organization to be the equivalent of the team and organization he has just left.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
When it comes to draft, there seems to be two categories of Russian players.....those who spend all their time in Russia and then graduate to the KHL, and those who come to NA to play junior.

The younger they are when they come over, the more likely they stay....was interested to read that despite bouncing around and disappointing a couple of teams, former first overall pick Nail Yakupov still wants to re-sign with somebody and stay in the NHL.

But guys like Tryamkin and Nichushkin who played all their junior in Russia, get discouraged and frustrated easily, and head back....still think it's highly likely they both come back to NA eventually.

Exactly ..a big difference between a player like Goldoblin and Tryamkin..Some embrace the NA culture,some don't...

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I just can't believe some of the things I read here nowadays. There's literally nothing that happens some people can't shrug off.

Benning sets the arena on fire...oh well. It was really flammable. Not his fault. We'll just get a new one...duh! Some people are so dramatic!

Amazing.

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
His issue was pretty clearly more with the lack of communication than directly his icetime. He used icetime as an example of poor communication as he said they didn't tell him what he was doing to cause him to play so little or so much game to game. Another example was his confusion about the situation at the start of the year.

If all you're getting from him is that he was pouting because he thought he should play more, you're either a poor reader or you're being wilfully obtuse. It's unlikely that anyone on here can help you with either of those.

LOL, thanks for your condescension! Why would I think he was pouting about icetime when he says something like:

‘â€Getting decent playing time. But not for 12 minutes in the game to come out. This I do not want.....â€

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-in-sudden-stunning-blow-to-promising-defence

While his average ice time was less that others, it was over 16 min a game. 12 is a substantial exaggeration.

If all that you're getting is that the "poor communication" and "misunderstanding of the situation" that he was subjected to was too overwhelming for him to persevere through, particularly with a new coach coming on, then you are clearly clinging desperately to your desire to fling @%#^ at Canucks management whenever you can conjure the opportunity to do so. There are plenty of reasons to do that, to be sure, but this isn't one of them. Seems you are no stranger to disingenuity.

I hadn't made those observations but it certainly fits this case. NHL/North America is outside Tryamkin's comfort zone but hewhat hockey player is likely to admit that. I don't share your optimism about him coming back, however.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
OH YAH?

[fieldset="2016-03-16"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="2016-04-28"][/fieldset]

Tryamkin said in his 2016 year end presser that he intended to come back to Vancouver during the summer and work with Canuck trainers to work on his fitness...He did not,he stayed in Russia,came back to Van in the last week of August,and was out of shape..(which was obvious if you saw his play in the pre season games)...To his credit,he worked his ass off to get in shape (but it was at this point,he thought he should have been gifted a roster spot).

Tryamkin said in his 2017 year end presser that his main priority was 'to play in NHL"....Obviously,what he says to the press,and what his intentions are..are two different things...

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
LOL, thanks for your condescension! Why would I think he was pouting about icetime when he says something like:

‘”Getting decent playing time. But not for 12 minutes in the game to come out. This I do not want.....”

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-in-sudden-stunning-blow-to-promising-defence

While his average ice time was less that others, it was over 16 min a game. 12 is a substantial exaggeration.

If all that you're getting is that the "poor communication" and "misunderstanding of the situation" that he was subjected to was too overwhelming for him to persevere through, particularly with a new coach coming on, then you are clearly clinging desperately to your desire to fling @%#^ at Canucks management whenever you can conjure the opportunity to do so. There are plenty of reasons to do that, to be sure, but this isn't one of them. Seems you are no stranger to disingenuity.

I hadn't made those observations but it certainly fits this case. NHL/North America is outside Tryamkin's comfort zone but hewhat hockey player is likely to admit that. I don't share your optimism about him coming back, however.

My eyes are rolling so hard that I'm getting dizzy.

Yes. During the season I was not happy with some matches. Sometimes I just did not understand - why? I could play 20 minutes, I could play 16, I could play 12. And on what it depended, I did not understand.

Also talked about the "incomprehensible situation" at the start of the year where they signed him to a no-AHL deal and then didn't play him and tried to send him to the AHL.

So now we've had Corrado talk about not knowing what the plan was for his development, Virtanen being in the dark about that weird-as-**** "call him up so he can get his stuff" episode, Tryamkin talking about not understanding what they were looking for out of him, the GM, Head Coach, and President regularly talking in opposing directions, and hell, even that current Subban thing, but you're not seeing a pattern.

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Tryamkin said in his 2016 year end presser that he intended to come back to Vancouver during the summer and work with Canuck trainers to work on his fitness...He did not,he stayed in Russia,came back to Van in the last week of August,and was out of shape..(which was obvious if you saw his play in the pre season games)...

And he has acknowledged this fact in multiple interviews and thanks for reiterating it?

To his credit,he worked his ass off to get in shape (but it was at this point,he thought he should have been gifted a roster spot).

Are you a mind reader Pastor? If you are than I concede whatever the point is.

Tryamkin said in his 2017 year end presser that his main priority was 'to play in NHL"....Obviously,what he says to the press,and what his intentions are..are two different things...

So showing up to camp out of shape and having a main priority of playing in the NHL are two mutually exclusive things eh?

Well... Hutton probably also doesn't have a main priority of playing in the NHL and you might as well scratch off the entire Anaheim Ducks over 30 core.

So in your mind, showing up to camp out of shape trumps the 1333 quality minutes he played for this team as a rookie and proof positive that he was never serious about being in the NHL and this whole thing is Nikita's fault....

:help:

Hey... if boiling it down to such a simplistic explanation lets you sleep better at night, then by all means do so.

I think otherwise. :nod:

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
And he has acknowledged this fact in multiple interviews and thanks for reiterating it?

Are you a mind reader Pastor? If you are than I concede whatever the point is.

So showing up to camp out of shape and having a main priority of playing in the NHL are two mutually exclusive things eh?

Well... Hutton probably also doesn't have a main priority of playing in the NHL and you might as well scratch off the entire Anaheim Ducks over 30 core.

So in your mind, showing up to camp out of shape trumps the 1333 quality minutes he played for this team as a rookie and proof positive that he was never serious about being in the NHL and this whole thing is Nikita's fault....

:help:

Hey... if boiling it down to such a simplistic explanation lets you sleep better at night, then by all means do so.

I think otherwise. :nod:
You have a pretty selective memory..He was by no means 'a lock' on the roster after his play after the 2015-16 season..He was far from a 'quality' player.,playing 'quality'minutes..Whether his intentions to play in the NHL are good or not,..if you're not in shape..you don't play..

Where in any of my posts have I said its all Nikita's fault..?.(as much as you're trying to convince everybody its 100% Bennings fault)..There was bungling all round,but by the end Tryamkin was playing a regular shift on the Canucks...and was a 'lock' on the roster for next season (with a new coaching staff).....At the end of the day,he didn't not want to play in the NHL...

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
You have a pretty selective memory..He was by no means 'a lock' on the roster after his play after the 2015-16 season..He was far from a 'quality' player.,playing 'quality'minutes..Whether his intentions to play in the NHL are good or not,..if you're not in shape..you don't play..

Where in any of my posts have I said its all Nikita's fault..?.(as much as you're trying to convince everybody its 100% Bennings fault)..There was bungling all round,but by the end Tryamkin was playing a regular shift on the Canucks...and was a 'lock' on the roster for next season (with a new coaching staff).....At the end of the day,he didn't not want to play in the NHL...

Ok... here's the thing.

I have no idea what your point is nor do I want to guess at this point of time.

If you could put forth an argument and some supporting premises than that's probably something I could work with and provide an intelligent rebuttal of sorts.

Thanks.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Holy.

Tryamkin owes absolutely ZERO loyalty to the Canucks.

Why anyone would expect him to treat a team he played for a season and a bit as his own is beyond me.

If Tryamkin is a legit top 4 D, a team like Toronto who correctly scouted Zaitsev would certainly have taken notice of Tryamkin and signed him.

Jimbo was on the ball in terms of drafting him so that he could have first crack at him. Unfortunately Jimbo crapped the bed and here we are.

Oh yeah,this ones all on Benning ..again.. but thats your prerogative......Keep up the good work:sarcasm:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

So they gave an NHL-only contract to a guy they didn't expect to play in the NHL?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Tryamkin leaving is not something black or white where you can lay blame on either side fully.

Tryamkin obviously wasnt communicated well with on his role
Him being threatened with AHL demotion was out of left field
Trying to force him into a Chara Pronger role instead of letting him be himself was wrong
Having a bad coach who didnt know how to use him more was wrong

He is Russian with more leverage and no loyalty to North America
He very quickly got into excellent game shape
His wife is a proud Russian and I hear her degree isnt transferrable to Canada so no work for her
He probably likes his own Russian culture more and living/working with his native language and friends

Imagine if the roles were reversed, if The KHL was better than the NHL there would be tons of us who would rather live and work at home in our own culture and language instead of leaving family for half the year around the world. I know I dont blame him one bit but it really sucks for us

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I just can't believe some of the things I read here nowadays. There's literally nothing that happens some people can't shrug off.

Benning sets the arena on fire...oh well. It was really flammable. Not his fault. We'll just get a new one...duh! Some people are so dramatic!

Amazing.

Yeah that's exactly it.

When he came in I was thinking - oh he seems like he knows his stuff etc etc. But then move after move it slowly just kept adding up. For a while you think - well let's just wait and see what happens etc.

But the moves keep piling up. Then something like this happens (most promising young dman in our organization (that we didnt have to use a top 5 draft pick on) walks for nothing).

We can blame it on Russia, or him being a punk - but when you look at how horrendously other young prospects have been handling by this organization (even before this specific management group) it would be naive to do so.

At a certain point you just have to admit reality.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The deed is done, Tryamkin is gone, and this thread has reached its post limit. I don't see any use for a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad