Confirmed with Link: Nikita Tryamkin returns to the KHL (signs 3-year deal with Avtomobilist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Homesick? The coach hates me? Suck it up dude, you are an adult making millions. The kid is just immature emotionally. He will be back sooner or later once the KHL/Russian oligarch reality sets in.

If I wasn't happy with my job, and I had what I felt was a better opportunity somewhere else, I would take it too. That's not immature.

He's lived in Russia for almost his entire life, and played in the KHL for four years, I think the reality must have set in long ago, and he likes that reality.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Guy wasn't even under contract. Why are people acting like he walked out mid-game?

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Can't believe he left the NHL to join a team with barely any resources. He must be making bad decisions on his own because there is no way an agent would advise him to sign there.

Where did you read that Avtomobilist barely has any resources?

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Well the team he is playing on is one of the teams that might be folding, they don't have good attendance, and their team has had cutbacks.

Source on the cutbacks and that they might be folding?

They signed a bunch of new players this off-season along with Tryamkin. I'm surprised to hear about the cut backs. I heard they had a rich new owner who was spending his money to improve the team.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

They signed a bunch of new players this off-season along with Tryamkin. I'm surprised to hear about the cut backs. I heard they had a rich new owner who was spending his money to improve the team.

Did you not bother to read the article where it specifically says his team is one of the 5 teams being considered to shut down? One team already is gone, the KHL is hemorrhaging money and is trying to cut costs as a whole by going to 24 team league.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Did you not bother to read the article where it specifically says his team is one of the 5 teams being considered to shut down? One team already is gone, the KHL is hemorrhaging money and is trying to cut costs as a whole by going to 24 team league.

Where in the article from TSN does it mention Avtomobilist? Or is there a different article that I'm missing?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Yep. That's my understanding too.

New owner went shopping.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You have to wonder about the KHL....seems to be a lot more players and their agents making overtures to the NHL these days, and shrinking by five teams seems pretty drastic....rumors abound about some guys not getting paid, and teams like Avtomobilist are spread out across Russia with fairly brutal travel and practice schedules....

Also wondering about some the planes they're traveling on, since that tragic mishap that wiped out the entire Yaroslavl team back in '011....hopefully it's improved since then.....think there's a good chance Tryamkin will be back, if the Canucks show some progress.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Can't believe he left the NHL to join a team with barely any resources. He must be making bad decisions on his own because there is no way an agent would advise him to sign there.

No player wants to be a Canuck for less than five million a season. This team is depressing and a terrible career move. How terrible? Now we know.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015

So much facepalm here. He left the NHL to help save this team.

How are you this out to touch? Honestly. You think he didn't know the state of the team?? :help:

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch

I'm sure I heard that he has 2 agents, one for NA and another for Russia. I can't confirm though. Think I heard on a podcast rather than a blog that I can find and link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad