Nikita Tryamkin III : 2017 Calder, Marriage & Conditioning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
So back on topic for a bit....

Has there been any recent buzz on what/where Tryamkin is up to in terms of his training?

Is he local now? Where's his wife living?

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Here's what we will see IMO for a 12F 6D 2G roster with 3 Healthy Scratches

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Burrows-Sutter-Hansen
Rodin-Granlund-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Sbisa-Larsen

Miller
Markstrom

1 Extra Forward - Etem
2 Extra Defense - Tryamkin, Pedan

First Forward call up -Gaunce
First Defense call up -Biega

Only player that needs waiving is Biega (he won't get claimed)

Nice break-down. Makes sense.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Gudbranson makes sbisa expendable. Hope he's gone

Sbisa is an NHL defenseman. He just is misplaced if he's expected to be top 4 and he makes too much money for what he offers. He's a good depth guy. Now, if Tryamkin can play top 6 and Pedan can show he's a good 7/8, then Sbisa is expendable (primarily because he makes too much money - did I say that already?)

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Sbisa is an NHL defenseman. He just is misplaced if he's expected to be top 4 and he makes too much money for what he offers. He's a good depth guy. Now, if Tryamkin can play top 6 and Pedan can show he's a good 7/8, then Sbisa is expendable (primarily because he makes too much money - did I say that already?)

What I would love to see is the Canucks trade Sbisa ++ to Edm for one of their decent forwards, or 2nd and a 3rd to help restock next year.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
What I would love to see is the Canucks trade Sbisa ++ to Edm for one of their decent forwards, or 2nd and a 3rd to help restock next year.

Makes perfect sense. But I wouldn't limited it to Edmonton. If they can trade him for a 2nd, I'd be all over that.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
If him and Pedan are a toss up if they keep 7... and Biega is a lock if they keep 8... who is getting bounced for Biega?
1 Edler 2 Hutton 3 Gudbranson 4 Sbisa 5 Larsen 6 Tanev 7 Tryamkin
8 Pedan

Pedan. He has to play hockey. As a 7, it's not all that difficult to see him getting a lot of action with bumps, bruises, and occasional scratches. With 8 it becomes up to WD who he plays and I don't believe he trusts Pedan any farther than he can throw him. Biega would get ice before him since WD was impressed with Biega's efforts last season.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Sbisa is not a solid third pairing guy. Why? Because a third pairing guy can step up into the top 4 when called upon. Sbisa can't do that. He's barely an NHL player. And honestly there are likely several d-men in the AHL that are better. Having Sbisa anywhere near your top 6 means your blueline sucks.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Sbisa is not a solid third pairing guy. Why? Because a third pairing guy can step up into the top 4 when called upon. Sbisa can't do that. He's barely an NHL player. And honestly there are likely several d-men in the AHL that are better. Having Sbisa anywhere near your top 6 means your blueline sucks.

I'd call that guy a #5 - which isn't Sbisa (he's a #6).

If a team success or failure depends on a Sbisa - then it ain't very good to begin with.

edit: egads....am I defending Pizza?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I'd call that guy a #5 - which isn't Sbisa (he's a #6).

If a team success or failure depends on a Sbisa - then it ain't very good to begin with.

edit: egads....am I defending Pizza?

I'd suggest a guy who is strictly a #6 is just a third pairing guy, at best, rather than a solid one.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Why on earth would anyone give up a second rounder for a cap dump?

Sbisa is maligned here because: 1. He was acquired by JB (and for some here that is enough), 2. He was projected as a top 4 when he was not, and 3. he got paid too much on an extension.

None of these reasons say he isn't an NHL D-man. D-man are overvalued in the league (see the Taylor Hall/Larsson trade, the Hamilton trade etc.). A cap floor team might be very happy to take him. And, remember, I said I'd be happy to take a 2nd for Sbisa, not give up a 2nd for Sbisa.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Sbisa is maligned here because: 1. He was acquired by JB (and for some here that is enough), 2. He was projected as a top 4 when he was not, and 3. he got paid too much on an extension.

None of these reasons say he isn't an NHL D-man. D-man are overvalued in the league (see the Taylor Hall/Larsson trade, the Hamilton trade etc.). A cap floor team might be very happy to take him. And, remember, I said I'd be happy to take a 2nd for Sbisa, not give up a 2nd for Sbisa.

What the hell are you talking about? Sbisa's maligned here because he's terrible at playing defense.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Why would a cap floor team be happy to take him? His real salary escalates rather than descends. He makes his cap hit this coming season, and makes more than his cap hit next year. That's the opposite of what floor teams want.

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee

Good lord. I want Sbisa gone just so I don't have to read this **** anymore.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

I would love to see the Canucks trade Sbisa + for cap space and a roster spot—that's more reasonable.

The guy is not a regular NHL D. He's not a 5/6 as some suggest, he's a not an NHLer.

Selling him as a 5/6 is like shining a turd and selling it as a polished coprolite.

He's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad