Waived: Nikita Scherbak - Claimed by LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Poehling hasn't played a game in the NHL and Juulsen is a nobody so far. Gem? What does that make Subban, an actually good pick?

Yes unless our scout gets a Subban at #26 he's doing a terrible job and needs to be replaced.

If you don't know who Juulsen is yet, you're going to know who he is over the next couple of years. We'll revisit this conversation then.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Is it too early to call him a bust already? I think he gets claimed because another team will like to take a chance on him. Its too bad the Habs will lose another player for nothing when they could have packaged him for another D.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Is it too early to call him a bust already? I think he gets claimed because another team will like to take a chance on him. Its too bad the Habs will lose another player for nothing when they could have packaged him for another D.
They tried to move him....no takers

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
We can claim a defenseman of equal value off waivers when one comes available

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
On draft day Scherbak was absolutely the right pick in my book, I wouldn't necessarily blame the team for that per se. Once Pastrnak was off the board he was the most talented forward on paper. What you CAN blame is the development that came afterwards and the guy's attitude/ability to reach his potential . To me this is different to the McCarron situation for example where even on draft day you could question the pick.

Reactions: Tyson and nyhabsfan

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
His last AHL season might attract some interest. Our only chance to keep him is that the similar Zykov already took the Oilers out.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Yes unless our scout gets a Subban at #26 he's doing a terrible job and needs to be replaced.

If you don't know who Juulsen is yet, you're going to know who he is over the next couple of years. We'll revisit this conversation then.
Our scout has done a terrible job because he's done a terrible job. Not a single 60 point NHLer in ten years.

Juulsen is replaceable so far. The day he shows something interesting about his game is the day I'll praise the pick and the player. Until then, he's another low producer marginal NHLer.

Our scouting and drafting has been nearly as bad as our management.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Where is the waiver wire? Only a bust knows for certain ...

Thataway.

Fortnite, here I come!!!!

OmyDJEj.jpg

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Another one bites the bust!

That's 5 busts in 6 years.

Well done Trevor Timmins! Take a bow!

This is grounds for TT's firing.

4 first-round busts in 10 years is more like it.

Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Juulsen, Sergachev, Poeling, Kotkaniemi are all acceptable

Still underwhelming.

A knowledgable HF poster could (likely) do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toene

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

We have drafted one impact player since 2008 outside of the top 10. ONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad