Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontius Palat

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
He scored a lot, but never scored big goals.

He was on pace for 4th in GWG for the whole QMJHL. And he didn't slow down in the playoffs either.

This sounds like flimsy, unsubstantiated observation to me. Especially since I've never been one to recognize players being "clutch" as an actual thing. Random variance, on the other hand...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He scored a lot, but never scored big goals.
Game tying goal in Quarterfinals of the 2013 WJC

Game Winning Shootout goal that same game

Game winning shootout goal in 2011 U-18

U-18 Quarterfinal game Winner

2 goals in U-18 Bronze Medal game

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
:lol:

Yeah, but I mean besides all of those, right?

Ha yeah, I don't really understand.

Statistically he's produced in almost all Quarterfinal, Semifinal, and medal games in those 2 iihf tournaments. Even in the QMJHL playoffs he was 7th in scoring and had some big games. He had an OT winner in the first round against Drummondville on the road and then what would be the deciding goal the next game to end the series. He lit up his old Quebec team in the next round including a hattrick in Game 5 to eliminate them too. He only slowed down when the Huskies went up against the power house and Memorial cup winners Halifax. But even then he had 2 goals and 4 assists in 4 games.

He looks like a player who does just fine in big games. :dunno: He looked great to me this past World Juniors. There's really no bigger stage than that for a prospect his age, especially when you're the host country.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Ha yeah, I don't really understand.

Statistically he's produced in almost all Quarterfinal, Semifinal, and medal games in those 2 iihf tournaments. Even in the QMJHL playoffs he was 7th in scoring and had some big games. He had an OT winner in the first round against Drummondville on the road and then what would be the deciding goal the next game to end the series. He lit up his old Quebec team in the next round including a hattrick in Game 5 to eliminate them too. He only slowed down when the Huskies went up against the power house and Memorial cup winners Halifax. But even then he had 2 goals and 4 assists in 4 games.

He looks like a player who does just fine in big games. :dunno: He looked great to me this past World Juniors. There's really no bigger stage than that for a prospect his age, especially when you're the host country.

I knew was a reason I really liked you and someone would have the back of him being a finisher lol. I didnt want to look it all up thought about it but was having a tough day/week sickness wise so was like yeah I guess this aint worthwhile if someone doesnt realize once someone does it you can say luck twice you say maybe still luck 3 times you kinda say he has that extra something. He also did the same thing in quarterfinals semifinals and finals of development camp. I was like yep he raises his level in those moments we might have a steal here:)

Seriously though thank you this made me laugh and look forward to the future a little more:)

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I think what Kshahdoo is trying to say, is that he doens't really know what he's talking about.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think what Kshahdoo is trying to say, is that he doens't really know what he's talking about.

Well he is russian maybe he watches some of his regular games before he came over here and not the worlds etc..?

My statement not sure on here but on kucherov is he is a big time big play big game guy. When is done a couple times can be a fluke when is over and over and in the biggest games arena's etc.. is doubtful to me is a fluke. Seems he has another gear for the dramatic moment and that is a guy I WANT on my team:) Federov had that for years and I will take the 10 years or whatever he had on my team the red wings before he cashed it in and didnt play as hard:) or whatever happened to him.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
What, no official Nikita Kucherov thread? :)

Discuss...

is already three threads got to do a search one is new the call up thread other was prospect thread.

main board thread http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=894579 under prospects

our earlier thread http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1469051

our call up thread http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1545315

is also three four trade threads on main trade board most are really bad.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it just me, or does watching this kid you the rest of you even more excited about Drouin? Just imagine what our PP might look like in 2-3 years.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We should snag another Russian in order to make the Red Army line. Nobody wants to take em, more for us?

?-Namestnikov-Kucherov

A quick look at top two high tier Russians near the back of the 1st round in the draft.

Ivan Barbashev(top russian LW playmaker)
Nikita Scherbak(stock quickly rising, LW sniper with good work ethic)

Plenty of others but these guys should be available if we are picking late in the 1st. Some very interesting Russians in the mix in the second round, the Russian factor doesn't seem like much of an issue any more though

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We should snag another Russian in order to make the Red Army line. Nobody wants to take em, more for us?

?-Namestnikov-Kucherov

A quick look at top two high tier Russians near the back of the 1st round in the draft.

Ivan Barbashev(top russian LW playmaker)
Nikita Scherbak(stock quickly rising, LW sniper with good work ethic)

Plenty of others but these guys should be available if we are picking late in the 1st. Some very interesting Russians in the mix in the second round, the Russian factor doesn't seem like much of an issue any more though

I'm still not sure how Namestnikov makes this team in the near-future. I don't see him leap-frogging Johnson. And since we can't hold him in the minors forever, at some point I think he's going to become trade bait.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm still not sure how Namestnikov makes this team in the near-future. I don't see him leap-frogging Johnson. And since we can't hold him in the minors forever, at some point I think he's going to become trade bait.

I think if that was the case, Filppula wouldn't have been signed to such a long 5 year deal. However, both he and TJ have shown that they can play the wing as well, which was a big reason why Valteri was signed. That isn't to say that Namestnikov won't be dealt, but he won't be dealt just because he is a center.

There are definitely interesting moves on the horizon.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I think if that was the case, Filppula wouldn't have been signed to such a long 5 year deal. However, both he and TJ have shown that they can play the wing as well, which was a big reason why Valteri was signed. That isn't to say that Namestnikov won't be dealt, but he won't be dealt just because he is a center.

There are definitely interesting moves on the horizon.

Healthy scratch Thompson in 2 years when Names is 22/23 is an option. Thompson's cap hit is only $1.6 mil - that would be great depth.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
He has been a bright spot since being called up and has shown he can hang in the top league. He shoots, scores, skates, and back checks. He deserves more ice time than he's currently getting.

Yzlamic Preacher*

He is what we were hoping Connolly was going to be when he got called up. Although it's a surprise how well he is playing. One knock on him is that he needs to get stronger. He gets pushed to the outside too easily when he is trying to break in.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Why Cooper doesn't see that he's basically one of the only people who can finish on this team and give him more ice time is beyond me.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Why Cooper doesn't see that he's basically one of the only people who can finish on this team and give him more ice time is beyond me.

It's not like our PP could get any worse. I'm failing to see what we'd lose by putting him there? What? he's gonna turnover the puck and/or pass all the time?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's been good, but I'd shelter him in the A or against weaker pairings until he puts on more muscle, last thing we need is him taking a major injury then becoming a perimeter player.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
He's been good, but I'd shelter him in the A or against weaker pairings until he puts on more muscle, last thing we need is him taking a major injury then becoming a perimeter player.

Fair enough, another injury would mean we're calling up ECHL players. Did I grok that Gudas is injured again tonight?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
He needs more ice time..

I think they need to try and mirror the old 1st line.. even if it's completely makeshift.. ie;

Marty Kucherov(Stammer) Purcell

or

Marty Kucherov(Stammer) Palat.. not sure who we have on our team that is similar to Malone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad