Confirmed with Link: Nikita Kucherov re-signs (3 years, 4,76 AAV)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Great deal for us.
Kucherov made a favour to us (and to him if he wants to play on a successful team), and he will get paid in 3 years. Could see him get more than what Stamkos got

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
This shows that the team is here to win, I hope as much for the players as for the fans that we can enjoy another Cup soon but the expectations will be high, coming years will all be about winning it.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
bow-to-the-master-o.gif

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Agreed. I think Vegas is gonna scoop more than a few players from tampa which totally sucks.

Question: Is there a player limit that Vegas can only take X amount of players from one team?

they can only draft one player from tampa and I think it will be killorn or sustr.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Whether its Killorn or Sustr ... I'm not worried. We have their replacements already in the pipeline.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Just some days ago we talked about the risk losing Kucherov, now we are worried about losing Sustr..we are in such a better position now and I can sleep well at nights if thats our biggest concern!

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Because of the way the expansion draft is set up with protection allowing for 7 forwards, 3 Dmen and 1 goalie, Vegas will be able to find a couple very good goalies, a fairly good blueline, but will have a very hard time finding legitimate top 6 forwards. Not many teams have the forward depth of Tampa. If Killorn or Vlady are exposed they will be picked before guys like KK or Sustr.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Whether its Killorn or Sustr ... I'm not worried. We have their replacements already in the pipeline.

Blujus? We don't have a Sustr replacement but Coburn could play 2nd pair RD. We lose a ton of offense but defensively remain the same.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Because of the way the expansion draft is set up with protection allowing for 7 forwards, 3 Dmen and 1 goalie, Vegas will be able to find a couple very good goalies, a fairly good blueline, but will have a very hard time finding legitimate top 6 forwards. Not many teams have the forward depth of Tampa. If Killorn or Vlady are exposed they will be picked before guys like KK or Sustr.

Killorn is a dime a dozen player who happens to step up in the playoffs. Unless they see him as a captain due to the length of his deal since he's signed long-term I don't see the appeal in him. Players like him hit free agency every year. Finding a 6-8 behemoth, who's a righty, star defenseman for their national team and is on the short list for Norris candidates you can't pass that up. We are so gonna miss him after this year.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Killorn is a dime a dozen player who happens to step up in the playoffs. Unless they see him as a captain due to the length of his deal since he's signed long-term I don't see the appeal in him. Players like him hit free agency every year. Finding a 6-8 behemoth, who's a righty, star defenseman for their national team and is on the short list for Norris candidates you can't pass that up. We are so gonna miss him after this year.

There are also requirements related to the cap that Vegas has to adhere to with the draft. Killorn may be someone they need to take to reach the cap floor.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016

I get the trolling you are doing on Sustr, and you have sucked some people in, but the Norris candidate part was just too over the top. Very amusing though.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I get the trolling you are doing on Sustr, and you have sucked some people in, but the Norris candidate part was just too over the top. Very amusing though.

Yeah man ... unless its like a sure fire legitimate question coming from him I don't even bother. You reply back and then you get like 6 people replying back "hosed".

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I mean he's played the same amount of games as Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Subban and the other big contenders. What have they done so far to separate themselves from him?

If we are just going to use past hype than Stamkos is a Hart candidate and we all know Sustr is closer to winning a Norris than Stamkos winning the Hart.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I mean he's played the same amount of games as Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Subban and the other big contenders. What have they done so far to separate themselves from him?

If we are just going to use past hype than Stamkos is a Hart candidate and we all know Sustr is closer to winning a Norris than Stamkos winning the Hart.

8,073 posts :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

And good on Kucherov for being loyal like that. I'd bet a round of drinks that Kucherov's agent was getting all kinds of calls from Russia and they were saying anything they could to convince Kucherov to leave the NHL and come back home.

I'm just glad it's over and we can focus on winning a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad