Confirmed with Link: Nikita Kucherov re-signs (3 years, 4,76 AAV)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
lolololololololololol

I can seriously not believe this. I keep waiting to find out it's a hoax.

Steve Yzerman is Satan.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He'll look good in New York, Detroit or Toronto in 3 years. Yzerman is an idiot, this kid needs security how is he going to live off this deal?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pressure is on Johnson and Palat now. Killorn is expansion bait.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I just can not believe this.

Again: Credit to Matt for calling this, almost right on the head.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just can not believe this.

Again: Credit to Matt for calling this, almost right on the head.

I'm still shocked. 3 years he is going to break the bank, but will be well deserved. Will have contracts falling off naturally by then.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Holy crap. I don't know what to think about this. I hope he doesn't feel slighted. I'd hate to have him want to leave.

I really don't get this.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
He'll look good in New York, Detroit or Toronto in 3 years. Yzerman is an idiot, this kid needs security how is he going to live off this deal?
Kucherov had three options. To sit out the year and gain nothing. To play in Russia for whatever huge bucks they were offering him (supposedly) and damage his NHL career. Or to take the deal he was forced into. He did the smartest thing and took the deal. I am just wondering, what the hell was Yzerman offering him before if this is the deal Kucherov ended up taking? Even less money?

And yes, he will look EXCELLENT in New York, Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal etc uniform when he is either traded or gets offer-sheeted eventually. But this is a fantastic deal for Tampa at the moment. Congratulations.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Kucherov had three options. To sit out the year and gain nothing. To play in Russia for whatever huge bucks they were offering him (supposedly) and damage his NHL career. Or to take the deal he was forced into. He did the smartest thing and took the deal. I am just wondering, what the hell was Yzerman offering him before if this is the deal Kucherov ended up taking? Even less money?

And yes, he will look EXCELLENT in New York, Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal etc uniform when he is either traded or gets offer-sheeted eventually. But this is a fantastic deal for Tampa at the moment. Congratulations.

Yes, because NYR, Buffalo, Detroit, and Montreal will be able to afford an 7m plus offer sheet in 3 years.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Three years is barely a bridge deal. Three years is enough time for a dynasty.

This is insane. I would have bet my life against a deal like this happening.

Here's what I think happened:

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
That's it, let the hate flow through you.
I want Tampa to win 3 Cups in the next 7 years. I love this team. I also have two sons that are athletes. I know the sacrifice that goes into becoming a Kucherov. There is no hate. But there are legitimate questions about the way the situation played out. It's pretty clear that even $5.5 is a major bargain. When Kucherov's peers are getting $6-7 m per year, this contract gives me a pause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad