Confirmed with Link: Nikita Kucherov re-signs (3 years, 4,76 AAV)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I sense a little animosity

I think irritation is the better word for it because he was asked again after saying he didn't want to elaborate on anything. Sounds like he wanted to take a cut but not that much. But considering we were a few days from the season and he genuinely wanted to stay and genuinely wants to play he just gave in to Yzerman and said, "**** it."

Winning will cure all of that and time will set in to where he understands that he couldn't cash in just yet.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Yeah he seemed irritated and depressed, but hey he's Russian. I gotta admit i may pout a bit myself. But if he wants a big pay day in three years (not that 13 mil isn't a lot), he's gonna have to put up big numbers.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
What if he used this contract negotiation as an excuse to stay in Russia a little bit longer - especially with losing some off season because of the WCOH?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
This being the first time I've heard him speak English--I get some really funky vibes like he talks like a mixture of Marty and Stamkos without the smiles.

kuch

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah he seemed irritated and depressed, but hey he's Russian. I gotta admit i may pout a bit myself. But if he wants a big pay day in three years (not that 13 mil isn't a lot), he's gonna have to put up big numbers.

He doesn't need to put up big numbers to get payed, just ask cally or flip, or even killer :sarcasm:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I wouldn't put too much stock into his interview. He doesn't like interviews, he still seems uncomfortable speaking english (although he is quite proficient and has nothing to worry about), and generally doesn't seem to be a guy that likes a lot of fanfare.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I wouldn't put too much stock into his interview. He doesn't like interviews, he still seems uncomfortable speaking english (although he is quite proficient and has nothing to worry about), and generally doesn't seem to be a guy that likes a lot of fanfare.

ya his english is shaky still

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
What if he used this contract negotiation as an excuse to stay in Russia a little bit longer - especially with losing some off season because of the WCOH?

not sure I hear the same, comes off as more of a "i hate being in an interview scrum" to me

I'm pretty sure it was a combination of jet leg, depression from WCOH, tiny bit annoyed the contract took so long, the fact that he's INCREDIBLY, RIDICULOUSLY private and 'shy' (his teammates didn't even know he got married over the summer till he got to training camp last season), and that he's made it very clear he hates interviews in the past.

He knows he's going to make bank in three years, whether it's with us or not.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
zPQDpIu.png

Very interesting year so far. The league is being dominated by young, underpaid (per production) players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad