Confirmed with Link: Nieto: 2 years at $900k AAV

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Role player which Pens need to upgrade. Can PK and can play LW or RW so versatile and veteran who give you 12 minutes a night. Dubas saving his powder here for a goalie and a LD.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, because you might get a better player who has to settle for a cheaper deal. Hypothetically if Hathaway sits maybe you can get him at 1.8 mil instead of Nieto.
I think he’ll get that much per year but if hypothetically Hathaway is still sitting by the phone in a month you can sign him and bump Nieto to the 13th forward spot.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I’d be good if they didn’t spend to the cap right now. If the team sucks, you can dump salary at the trade deadline. If it’s competitive, you have the space to make a deal.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Eh, one of those signings where the player is *fine* and the price is *fine*, but I don't really think he's a need or moves the needle to improve the roster all that much (if at all).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Eh, one of those signings where the player is *fine* and the price is *fine*, but I don't really think he's a need or moves the needle to improve the roster all that much (if at all).
Strikes me as a specific request by Sullivan. Which is fine. It’s not breaking the bank and is easily buried.

Like, wondering if Dubas gave Sullivan a list of guys likely to be had at between league minimum and the AHL bury limit and to rank who Sullivan would prefer and Nieto was high up.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Strikes me as a specific request by Sullivan. Which is fine. It’s not breaking the bank and is easily buried.

Like, wondering if Dubas gave Sullivan a list of guys likely to be had at between league minimum and the AHL bury limit and to rank who Sullivan would prefer and Nieto was high up.
Likely the case, but still meh.

Also, not really a fan of signing a 4th liner on Day 1 of FA in general. There are always guys like that available even late into summer because they overprice themselves and then realize no one is biting, so you sign them at league minimum or on a PTA just before camp.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Likely the case, but still meh.

Also, not really a fan of signing a 4th liner on Day 1 of FA in general. There are always guys like that available even late into summer because they overprice themselves and then realize no one is biting, so you sign them at league minimum or on a PTA just before camp.
I don't want Chuck Kobasew flashbacks, thankyouverymuch.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don’t really feel anything about this because the contract is so inconsequential. He’s a fourth line guy who has consistently done his thing. I don’t see an issue with this.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Warm body, depth signing. Gotta fill those bodies with cheap players, hopefully with upside. Meh I guess.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nieto and Acciari are dwarves for what they will be used for. But apparently this is what Sullivan has been begging for, right?

Lol..

Smith, Graves, Eller, I can be down for those adds. But with a muppet of a f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek: coach, this team got even older and added some defensive minded players that will likely be used like shit since we never really had bad defensive minded players, they were just used like shit.

What gets me is the dumb f***s here whining about how we just got some pk capable players. You know who else was one? Kapanen. How was he used on the Pens?

The issue has never been the players. It's been how they've been used. Being hopeful for this f***ing squad coached by a loser is a waste of energy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad