Player Discussion Nicolas Deslauriers - Un Gars D'Chez Nous Edition

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I don't see solid. I don't see control. I don't know how you could possibly see BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER out of Nic Deslauriers. He's your basic fringe forward.

I think some nights he has been. And I believe in one of the last two games he was used as such because he was playing so well. I'm not saying he's Gretzky or even The Dutch Gretzky. But on this team right now, he is not a fringe NHLer he has made his place and I don't even think he will be sent down when Lehkonen comes back.

"If I get my shot with the Canadiens, it's going to be hard to take that jersey off. I'm going to do everything I can to keep it on." - Deslaurier

""The Canadiens… are the Canadiens. It's the best thing in Quebec and it's a jersey I will wear proudly." - Deslaurier

Players always say things like this, but rarely do I believe them, in his case I do. I used to love when Subban would say things like this because I believed him as well. He will bleed for this club. I'm not going to go buy his jersey, or pumping his tires as a great player --- maybe a player who has great games. But I will say that he is a good Montreal Canadien.

Reactions: habergeon

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I think some nights he has been. And I believe in one of the last two games he was used as such because he was playing so well. I'm not saying he's Gretzky or even The Dutch Gretzky. But on this team right now, he is not a fringe NHLer he has made his place and I don't even think he will be sent down when Lehkonen comes back.

"If I get my shot with the Canadiens, it's going to be hard to take that jersey off. I'm going to do everything I can to keep it on." - Deslaurier

""The Canadiens… are the Canadiens. It's the best thing in Quebec and it's a jersey I will wear proudly." - Deslaurier

Players always say things like this, but rarely do I believe them, in his case I do. I used to love when Subban would say things like this because I believed him as well. He will bleed for this club. I'm not going to go buy his jersey, or pumping his tires as a great player --- maybe a player who has great games. But I will say that he is a good Montreal Canadien.

Exactly my opinion. He's a good 4th liner for us and is willing to do the dirty work.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
nice acquisition by MB, always liked his energy when he played against us, and he's only 26 yrs old

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Nothing not to like here... playing terrific and is contributing. I just hope he doesn't repeat Weise's "I'm an offensive player who doesn't need to hit anymore" mistake.

Reactions: jaffy27

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Juliens type of player and the only danger in that is when Julien starts to over use him. Players like this one are useful but not to be expected to do more, that is where the trouble starts ala Weise.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Nothing not to like here... playing terrific and is contributing. I just hope he doesn't repeat Weise's "I'm an offensive player who doesn't need to hit anymore" mistake.

No matter how well he maintains his attitude, I don't think his current form is sustainable at all. That said, I'm really enjoying to watch this guy at the moment.

Reactions: habergeon

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Lefebvre's a fringe NHLer like Bergevin. And one of Lefebvre's assitant coaches is Nick Carrière Sr. (wonder how he got the job) and the other, Donald Dufresne, another fringe NHL defenseman. Not to mention Francis Bouillon, another fringer who was named player development coach.

Back to Deslauriers ...

A veritable soup-line of coaching genius.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Deslauriers has been a pleasant surprise. He always stood out when he played in Buffalo. I was happy when the Habs acquired him. He is part of the 4th line. He is also versatile. He could fill in on D should the Habs need him to in an emergency. He played D on the PK in Laval.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
No matter how well he maintains his attitude, I don't think his current form is sustainable at all. That said, I'm really enjoying to watch this guy at the moment.

I agree.

He is playing very well and the 4th line is really going but I think he's a guy who ultimately will give you energy and a good 6 - 10 minutes a game without hurting you.

Anything else is a bonus, Im happy to enjoy that bonus.

Great acquisition by Bergevin.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Good skater, good energy, both defensively and physically responsible, and can contribute offensively.

One of the very few surprises this season. Hopefully he can keep it up!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
said it above will say it again, he is the french dutch gretzky aka as the french weisse

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He looks good and his energy is tremendous. I can't help wondering how much is from the adrenaline rush from promotion, and how much is repeatable going forward.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
But you get the idea. Maybe not fringe exactly, but some bottom pairing guys or perpertual 4th liners do get to play 1000 games, registering 8 goals and 14 assists in 15 years.
Except Bergevin amassed close to 200pts in his career so we still don’t know where you are going with this.

Reactions: Goodbahd

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
After 16 games, Deslauriers has 4,06 hits per game.
He's leading the entire NHL.......by far.
Closest to him only has 3,63 hits per game.

Deslauriers is not a really good hockey player, but the way he leave it all on the ice since he's here.......i would put the C on him before Pacioretty.

But i'm not sure he could keep it up. Eventually his body will not follow.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Even if/when his offence regresses, he's still shown that he can be an asset on the 4th line. Definitely a keeper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad