Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Aube-Kubel new contract 2 x 1.075AAV

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
The coach and GM are the biggest problems..I focus on the big problems. Our top talent (TK and Niskanen aside) were assets who played well and dragged the coach and GM further than they should have gone.
I got it it is all on the coach and GM. Don't forget to vote come November.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Winning is all that matters...

But actions that make winning less likely don’t matter.

And a talented young player who isn’t completely flawless matters...

But playing a guy who was bad in the English hockey league doesn’t matter.

And playing a guy with little experience as the #6 next year matters...

But playing a guy who wasn’t even good enough in the AHL on defense for years doesn’t matter.

And so on forever and ever...

What we’re seeing here is a lack of integrity. Sadly this is a well established pattern.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Eh. There is no discussion. You are always correct with your opinions. Others are wrong. No biggie

You're welcome to demonstrate how all the top players since '87 are to blame for the lack of depth support, barring a single year in 2010.

Go ahead, back up your assertions. Show us how the top liners who have dragged anchors through playoff runs for decades are the problems and not the anchors and the people responsible for bolting them to the team.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
When the team is always 2-3 years away, as you've been saying for several 2-3 year cycles now, then that proves my point about mindsets of failure being baked into how this organization approaches team building.

They will still be 2-3 years away 2-3 years from now. That's all but certain. Fletcher and AV may be gone, but the dinosaur braintrust will have replaced them with the exact same thing again. And so it will go forever, just as it always has.

I cant believe he is still typing this same shit. Ive been here since 2014 and hes been posting 2-3 years every offseason since.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I cant believe he is still typing this same shit. Ive been here since 2014 and hes been posting 2-3 years every offseason since.

It's always the same shit. Next year this prospect will be an impact player and well be fine.

Then our coach f***s up what should be an easy decision and he gets on his knees to slurp up the mess and defend it.

It's seriously the worst broken record we have on this forum.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Our top talent didn't play well, outside of Couts and Voracek.
Giroux was OK, Niskanen had our highest xGFrel, but both are past their prime.
TK, Myers, Sanheim and Farabee struggled, as did JVR.

Laughton, Raffl and NAK had good playoffs, but they're not our top talent. Ideally they're our 4th line.
Pitlick, Grant and Thompson were our 4th line, and played like a 5th line.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
yeah that's a lot of weight to lose. Congrats man, it's awesome!

I am a short f***er so getting back to the 140's would be great, but so far, I am enjoying trying to stay in the 150's.

I was at 169.8 near the end of Jan. and that was the highest I have been. So really 155-170 is where I have mostly lived the last 20 years or so.

It doesn't help that I have already bought a box of Halloween chocolate bars, and they are half gone already.

Wow. When I was in the Army I sat at about 185-190. There's no way I'd ever get down to 160 even then. But I've come down to 210 over the last several years after sitting around 245 for a while. Feels good, but I've definitely plateaued for the time being. I figure if I can get to within 10lbs of my Army days I'll be pretty thrilled.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

We were 5-6 years away in 2014. That's why Hextall traded everyone he could.

We were 3 years away from being a legitimate playoff contender in 2016, and it showed in the playoffs when we got easily brushed aside in 2016 and 2018.

We're now a legitimate playoff contender, but we're now 2-3 years from being a legitimate SC contender, we'll make the playoffs, but have to get much better to get to the CF.

Got to walk before you can run.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So much for your "discussion" eh.
giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If it takes your organization 8-10 years to build a cup contender no matter what shape you inherited at then you didn’t do a good job.

Ask Chicago - from 1997-1998 through 2007-08, they made the playoffs once. Two years later, won the Cup, then twice more in a six year period.

Pittsburgh made the playoffs once in 8 years before winning two Cups. Missed the playoffs 4 years, then in their third playoff season, won the Cup.

TB made the playoffs once in their first 10 years, then won the Cup in their second visit to the playoffs. Made the playoffs once in 7 years, then two years later lost the SC finals.

St Louis made the playoffs once in six years, then spent six years never getting past the 2nd round, missed the playoffs and finally won the Cup.

Kings missed the playoffs six straight seasons, lost in the first round twice, then won the Cup.

6-10 years isn't that uncommon, a few franchises manage to reload rather than rebuild, but that's hard to sustain over a decade with the hard Cap. It was easier a couple decades ago when the rich teams could buy their way out of mistakes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We easily could've legitimately contended for the cup this year if we weren't held back by the staff.

Only in your wet dreams - we didn't have that kind of talent when Patrick and Lindblom went down, and the kids showed they weren't ready for primetime.
I doubt that Ghost's 1 assist at ES in 16 PO games would have been the difference maker.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Wow. When I was in the Army I sat at about 185-190. There's no way I'd ever get down to 160 even then. But I've come down to 210 over the last several years after sitting around 245 for a while. Feels good, but I've definitely plateaued for the time being. I figure if I can get to within 10lbs of my Army days I'll be pretty thrilled.
I'm 6'2". I was 170 out of high school. 185 when I ETS'd, and I was very rarely over 200 until I turned 42. After that point, the weight didn't come off like it always had, no matter how much I continued to run (5-6 days a week). Currently I'm 225 ish. Being stuck at home during Covid, eating/snacking/drinking has messed me up. I'm still running, but just maintaining. I'm an avid hiker. The added weight is the equivalent of me carrying a full backpack vs a daypack. It gets hard to drop weight as one ages. I soon need to make some radical changes!

Reactions: Tripod and VladDrag

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm 6'2". I was 170 out of high school. 185 when I ETS'd, and I was very rarely over 200 until I turned 42. After that point, the weight didn't come off like it always had, no matter how much I continued to run (5-6 days a week). Currently I'm 225 ish. Being stuck at home during Covid, eating/snacking/drinking has messed me up. I'm still running, but just maintaining. I'm an avid hiker. The added weight is the equivalent of me carrying a full backpack vs a daypack. It gets hard to drop weight as one ages. I soon need to make some radical changes!

a 1:1 laxative to food ratio will have you pooping the calories before they can be absorbed. Your intestines will barely get a chance to wave at the food as it flies through.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
If it takes your organization 8-10 years to build a cup contender no matter what shape you inherited at then you didn’t do a good job.
Well, that's the biggest flaw in Hextall's idea of a rebuild. It takes a lot of time.

That's probably another reason why other organizations have shied away from hiring him. They don't want to rebuild for an entire decade.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, that's the biggest flaw in Hextall's idea of a rebuild. It takes a lot of time.

That's probably another reason why other organizations have shied away from hiring him. They don't want to rebuild for an entire decade.

The alternative is to be mired in mediocrity, make one run for 2-3 years, get to the second round, then start missing the playoffs again on a regular basis.

To make an extended run, you need a deep talent pool b/c you will lose players to injury and free agency, so if you don't have players lined up like planes over Laguardia, one or two bad breaks and the party is over. Even a couple top players aren't enough, look at Edmonton with McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, and you will miss on high picks.

This is why you should pay top dollar for top scouts, they have more value than anyone else in your organization.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
3 pieces of pizza last night. Sprite "soda" with it.
followed by BBQ chips as a snack. Also some jujubes
then had 2 slices of pizza for brunch
and now 2 cookies

Besides water, that is what I put in my body the last 24 hours. I may go missing due to power going out with Hurricane Teddy bearing down on us.

Or it could be heart attack.

Don't use "soda" just to appease the heathens.

Say POP like a real canuck, dammit! Haha

Are "sofa" and "couch" the same issue? I say "couch". Do Americans say "sofa"?

Maybe the fancy bougie ones say "chesterfield." :laugh:

Reactions: Tripod

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Im on the smoothie train (though not as much as you it seems), so you wont find any argument from that with me. That actually sounds pretty good.

Very glad to hear! If you can invest in spirulina and also a moringa supplement to add into your smoothies then it's money very well spent. They aren't cheap, but the positives of the supplements provide incalculable value towards your health and wellness.

Something to check out if you're interested. :)

Reactions: Starat327

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
It was a miss. It's clear you're going to set arbitrary standards to keep defending failure.

I think Bob was more of an impatience thing rather than a misevaluation.

They - ahem, he - wanted a big splash big name goaltender because his team was embarrassed in the playoffs.

Maybe I'm wrong - but I've always seen that one as almost the textbook example of Flyers impatience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad