OT: Nicknames/Slang explained

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Hi mods, sorry if this has been requested before, but can someone start a sticky, and have it updated as people chime in with nicknames for players/and anyone else for that matter, within the Boston organisation? It might sound stupid to some (apologies) but sometimes its hard to follow a discussion when so much slang is used to describe certain players/events etc

In fact, maybe just all things hockey as well as Boston, much appreciated thankyou

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yeti for Soderberg started by EverettMike? I may be wrong on that one, but I think that's true. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
This is pretty silly, most of the nicknames are pretty obvious and dont take much to figure out, that being said...

I really think this year would be a good time to try ToTo, Gummy and The Hemisphere on the first line.

You can follow them with Pretzel, Tucky and Fritos and the second and the leave the obvious trio of Sandy Mae, Tommyboy and Slugs on the third.

Banister and The Hutch will be fine on the fourth and either of Nessy or Gumballs can come up from Providence.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The nicknames we see here are usually only heard here. The real nicknames aren't nearly as stupid.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
This is pretty silly, most of the nicknames are pretty obvious and dont take much to figure out, that being said...

I really think this year would be a good time to try ToTo, Gummy and The Hemisphere on the first line.

You can follow them with Pretzel, Tucky and Fritos and the second and the leave the obvious trio of Sandy Mae, Tommyboy and Slugs on the third.

Banister and The Hutch will be fine on the fourth and either of Nessy or Gumballs can come up from Providence.

I think they will trade Puffball from the blue line, but it will be a mistake, I really don't think 40watt is ready for primetime

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00