Nicklas Jensen keeps top spot in Vancouver Canucks mid-season Top 20

LolClarkson*

Corrado is finally getting some respect. :p:

So is jensen.

So here we have another skill prospect that the fan base is getting high on. Two players come to mind...

If Gillis makes any risk trades with these guys, he has to go.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
He's an average ECHL defenseman at 23 years of age. There's no NHL future with him.

Sauve is certainly not looking good for the NHL, but is it overstating his limitations to say he's only an average ECHL defenseman? The stat line: 7 goals, 7 assists, 14 points, in 19 games. +6 (second best +/- on the team). By my rough calculation, the pace he's on (rather small sample, sure) would put him second in the league for points among defenseman and second in goals. It's pure stat scouting, but he looks like an ECHL star, and it wouldn't surprise me if he finishes the season back in the A. But stats can be misleading, and if you're a direct witness to his ECHL mediocrity, I defer to you.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I disagree only with 2 of the players.

even before the season began, I put Schroeder as a better prospect than Jensen. Its close but I really see good stuff out of the little guy.

Secondly, I still believe Yann Sauve to be a solid NHL defense man. I am floored as to how his stock fell so badly. I hope he gets the mental aspect of the game together.

No offense but I have to disagree. Look who Jensen is compared with for his age in the SEL. People like Daniel Sedin, horquist etc. I could see him being another D Sedin or Naslund .... where I think Schroeder is likely to be another B Morrison on the up side.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Sauve is certainly not looking good for the NHL, but is it overstating his limitations to say he's only an average ECHL defenseman? The stat line: 7 goals, 7 assists, 14 points, in 19 games. +6 (second best +/- on the team). By my rough calculation, the pace he's on (rather small sample, sure) would put him second in the league for points among defenseman and second in goals. It's pure stat scouting, but he looks like an ECHL star, and it wouldn't surprise me if he finishes the season back in the A. But stats can be misleading, and if you're a direct witness to his ECHL mediocrity, I defer to you.

You're right, average was harsh. But he's a below average AHL defenseman right now which doesn't give me much hope for him at the NHL level.

Wizeman*

No offense but I have to disagree. Look who Jensen is compared with for his age in the SEL. People like Daniel Sedin, horquist etc. I could see him being another D Sedin or Naslund .... where I think Schroeder is likely to be another B Morrison on the up side.

You could be right. I said it was close but I can live with Jensen being the best :nod:

Wizeman*

He's an average ECHL defenseman at 23 years of age. There's no NHL future with him.

I hope you are wrong. I was CERTAIN he would be a solid NHL defense man for us. :shakehead

Sometimes you miss.

Tank

May 9, 2012
Langley
I think we have Hutton much too low -- Honzik much too high -- McEneny? should be there as well -- happy with Jensen and Corrado for sure our too best with Lack.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
You're right, average was harsh. But he's a below average AHL defenseman right now which doesn't give me much hope for him at the NHL level.

It was certainly discouraging when he was demoted to Kalamazoo. Not looking good for Sauve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad