Post-Game Talk: Nicklas Backstrom is a great centre 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm glad my boy TJ Oshie got the monkey off his back tonight, hopefully that leads to more goals down the stretch. Something is off with Backstrom and Carlson. This is what worries me the most. Holtby will be fine, he's going to bounce back and be the Holtbeast again in the playoffs.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Orpik and Orlov look great, maybe these are the combination they should use in the playoffs?

Backstrom doesn't look very good, I wonder if it has anything to do with his offseason hip surgery. Carlson still looks off but he was a little better tonight. Holtby had a stinker, let's hope he gets out of his funk soon.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I feel like it's kind of nonsensical if Backy and Carlson are hurt and they don't take the time now when they are leading everyone by so much to get right or at least better.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The team needs to work on starting faster. Can't get away with starting the game 20 minutes late in the playoffs. Also, I'm sure they work on face-offs but the numbers aren't good there.
I think the 3rd line quietly had a good game.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
The team needs to work on starting faster. Can't get away with starting the game 20 minutes late in the playoffs. Also, I'm sure they work on face-offs but the numbers aren't good there.
I think the 3rd line quietly had a good game.

Also we're 28-1-0 when we score first - so scoring first more often down the stretch and in the playoffs should help us keep winning.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Haven't watched the game, but it seems Orpik and Orlov had a monstrous game. They were on ice for all Caps goals

They were both excellent. I've been critical of Orpik but he has been great since returning from injury, and Orlov keeps doing his thing. Maybe these are the pairings going into the playoffs? Orpik-Orlov has been a hell of a lot better than Orpik-Carlson.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Couldn't watch the game, only saw highlights, and I haven't read the GDT. From what I saw, all 3 goals were ones Holtby would like back. But what I like was that we are not reliant on Holtby saving everything. We are more balanced that that.

Come from behind win against a team fighting for a playoff birth when your goalie lets in a stinker in the third proves we can win in many different way.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Toronto is in dead last in the East and could still get to 100 points. It's going to be a while yet.

Philly win has them two points behind Devils with 2 games in hand so if they win out, they get 111

Carolina has the advantage there too, one point back with one game in hand on New Jersey

This was before today's game. Any combination of us getting 2 points or in this case, the devs not getting 2 reduces the number.

the Devs are in 9th place with 24 games remaining and 65 points. 24 x 2 + 65 = 113 maximum points. 113 - the 88 points we have = 25 points for us to tie that number or 26 to surpass their max total.

So 26 to secure a playoff spot.
33 to secure the division
34 to secure the conference
39 to secure the presidents.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This was before today's game. Any combination of us getting 2 points or in this case, the devs not getting 2 reduces the number.

the Devs are in 9th place with 24 games remaining and 65 points. 24 x 2 + 65 = 113 maximum points. 113 - the 88 points we have = 25 points for us to tie that number or 26 to surpass their max total.

So 26 to secure a playoff spot.
33 to secure the division
34 to secure the conference
39 to secure the presidents.

Devils are at 65 points with 22 games remaining. Their best right now is 109 points.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
They were both excellent. I've been critical of Orpik but he has been great since returning from injury, and Orlov keeps doing his thing. Maybe these are the pairings going into the playoffs? Orpik-Orlov has been a hell of a lot better than Orpik-Carlson.

Have we tried Orpik/Carlson since Orpik came back? I'd still like to see that before making any decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad