Nick Suzuki vs Josh Norris

Who will be the better player?

• Total voters

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Early on in their career people (Sens fans) believed Karlsson was far and away the better of the two, turns out they both split time from 12 to 18 as the best Ds in the league. Clear top 2 in the league for that period and sens fans didnt want to hear it in 2011.

Also its up in the air who was actually the best, Subban gave up a bit of offense but made up quite a bit physically and defensively. You dont get compared to Bobby Orr by Don Cherry if youre not the top dog, especially not in Subbans "situation" when Cherry is concerned.
It really wasn't close back then. All you have to do is look up the numbers.

When the only argument you presented backing your statement is "Don Cherry compared Subban to Bobby Orr" speaks for itself in all honesty.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'll give it to MTL fans, Karlsson vs Subban wasn't as bad as Karlsson vs Schenn.

Reactions: Bileur

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It really wasn't close back then. All you have to do is look up the numbers.

When the only argument you presented backing your statement is "Don Cherry compared Subban to Bobby Orr" speaks for itself in all honesty.
It really wasnt close but the norris Subban won, the AS teams he made, the times he lead his team in scoring, being 1st and 2nd in points and Subban actually producing more in the POs, right?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It really wasnt close but the norris Subban won, the AS teams he made, the times he lead his team in scoring, being 1st and 2nd in points and Subban actually producing more in the POs, right?

Correct, it wasn’t close.

Subban’s Norris was when Karlsson was injured. Karlsson was having his best season before the injury and was being touted as a top 3 player.

Subban has never led his team in points over a season (what are you talking about?). He was second two times. Karlsson has led his team in points four times and was second twice.

Subban has two first team all stars, one second team all star, three all star appearances. Karlsson has four first team all stars, six all star appearances, and was named to the all decade second team.

Karlsson has .79 playoff PPG, Subban has .65.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricky0034

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Subban’s Norris was when Karlsson was injured. Karlsson was having his best season before the injury and was being touted as a top 3 player.

Subban has never led his team in points over a season (what are you talking about?). He was second two times. Karlsson has led his team in points four times and was second twice.

Subban was two first team all stars, one second team all star, three all star appearances. Karlsson has four first team all stars, six all star appearances, and was named to the all decade second team.

Ah yes, the asterisks norris, lmao. Good night.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

agreed

pretty disgraceful how Karlsson won it the year before then dived to fake an injury just because he knew Subban was better and he couldn't win it again

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Both players look pretty good. I’m for sure biased but Suzuki has high end skills and has shown that he can be clutch with his performance in the OHL, last year’s playoff and j’y he last few game that were critical in securing a playoff spot.

I don’t watch many Sens games but I don’t see Norris has having a higher ceiling and right now they are quite equal in terms of production so the edge goes to Suzuki for this poll

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
So you got schooled about the EK vs Subban comparion and decide to be a massive sore loser about it? Got it.

"How ya feelin sens fans" after 1 game. Embarrassing stuff.

667ekip

Apr 17, 2021

Subban has two first team all stars, one second team all star, three all star appearances. Karlsson has four first team all stars, six all star appearances, and was named to the all decade second team.

Well, if you go look the stats and didn't watch the team you could say that. The year he won the Norris he was leading most of the year, Pacioretty finished ahead with 1pt, but didnt lead as much as Subban.

He finished 2nd not twice but 3 times. Atleast do your research correctly. He and Pekanec had 60pts for 2nd place.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Well, if you go look the stats and didn't watch the team you could say that. The year he won the Norris he was leading most of the year, Pacioretty finished ahead with 1pt, but didnt lead as much as Subban.

First of all, I watched Subban and the Habs plenty back then, I’m aware he was a really important player for them.

More importantly, I was responding to a direct, numbers based, factual claim. « The times he led his team in scoring, being 1st or 2nd in points».

That clearly states he was literally 1st in points at least once.

That claim can be demonstrated to be false simply by looking at the numbers. I didn’t quote someone saying he was the habs most valuable player that year or that he was their best defenseman.

Just like if someone says « Gallagher is taller than Pacioretty » do I have to go look at who plays bigger? No.

He finished 2nd not twice but 3 times. Atleast do your research correctly. He and Pekanec had 60pts for 2nd place.

You’re right I missed that one. My bad. See how easy it is to admit when we make a mistake?

Even with that correction, the point still stands that leading your team in scoring four times and coming second twice is more impressive than being second on your team in scoring three times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad