Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Suzuki may have a leg up on Kotka right now because he's used to NA ice.

That's my thought process as well. But they were based on closest to making an impact in NHL, I can see Kotka starting in NHL this year, Suzuki I just don't see it, although it's hard to tell what to do with him, he's better than the CHL but he can't go to AHL and I don't think he's ready for NHL.

If I was ranking on pure potential Kotka and Suzuki are pretty much in the same spot for me, with possibly a slight edge to Suzer for as you said, being used to NA ice, and also, his pure offensive dynamo.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Don't see how he doesnt at least play 9 games.

Now I kind of want to grab Ryan in next year's draft... we'll see what kind of season he has if he's worthy of a our presumably lottery pick

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
A much needed acquisition...Kotkaniemi, Suzuki and Poehling all in the system. I can't imagine what next years first pick is going to bring

I don't know if we can be as bad as Arizona or Vancouver with Pricer in net all year though.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Camp is going to be interesting for sure with so many forwards. At least it's going to be very competitive.

I can see him making the team out of camp. He has absolutely nothing to prove in junior and can't play in the AHL. I think he'll slot in the 3rd line center or RW role as he can play in any forward position so pulling a Mete is very conceivable. I think he'll get at least 9 games and sent to the WJHC in December.

Very excited to see such a turnaround in prospect depth. Looking forward to see what other picks we get as we get to the deadline and draft. The thought of adding another top end center or D prospect is making me drool. Just imagine drafting Hughes. That would be insane and allow us to trade another forward prospect/player for a top 2 D.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So we now have 2 top 6 center in the pipeline. Happy about that trade.

To me, we have four guys with 2C potential , 2 guys in Kotkaniemi and Suzuki with 1C potential and a bagful of guys with 3 and 4C potential and maybe a 1 in 10 one of them is a 2C.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a quite good C prospect pool.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Living over seas isn't for every athlete. Some athletes like their regime, their routine, their support group right where they are.
Sure. These types of scenarios where there's a potential risk of affecting said prospect's progress by staying course and so much is on the line aren't too common however. Suzuki had a good year statistically speaking but many feel his game didn't quite progress as expected from his D-year . This is the kind of situation where the pros might exceed the cons.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Suzuki was #28 in the top 100 prospects list we just released.

With the deal he becomes the Habs #2 prospect ahead of Ryan Poehling but behind Kotkaniemi.

The Habs become the only team with 7 of the top 100 on my list.

I don't get how Suzuki is behind Kotkaniemi. Does everyone else in here share that opinion?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm pretty positive about what he is going to bring as far the environment. This could be a big advantage.

The Nature of Things already seeping through.

Plus, Suzuki is bio, vegetarian, contains no MSG, is non-genetically modified and comes with a small footprint. I think that covers it. :sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad