Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I understand that, and understand the business aspect of allowing the CHL to retain its players. Letting players in Suzuki's situation play in the AHL wouldn't really benefit the NHL anyway. I'd rather have an exception to that rule in place for the benefit of the player, not for the benefit of any league to be honest, but that's not likely to happen.

Maybe a transfer fee for breaking the rights.

Even then there has to be consideration that these players help the CHL franchise win, sell tickets and so on. If you cut that off the NHL might be biting their biggest development source.

As NHL gets younger I’m sure it will come up again as something to consider.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
So is this kid a center or winger?
He's a center, but he's also a dynamic offensive player under 6 feet tall, and those guys tend to be wingers in the pros but he certainly has a chance to be a center and has all the ingredients to stay there IMO.

Reactions: dralaf

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Drouin-suzuki-armia
Domi-Kotkaniemi-tatar
Lehkonen-danault-Gallagher
Byron-plekanec-hudon

Holy molly

Jul 6, 2016
This season

If we gonna tank at least tank it good by playing the youngins

I am sure Molson wants to see 40% of empty seats at the Bell.

You really want Kotkaniemi's and Suzuki's confidence been shredded apart on a losing, super weak team ? they are far to be ready for NHL anyway...

if you want to crash that bad, play Daniel Audette and McCarron, and DLR at centre for the whole season.

Jul 6, 2016
Well tatar is there . Domi drouin

Ppl would be interested to watch our top prospects i dont see the issue .

People don't want to watch a losing hockey team. Last year they started showing impatience. This year, it's gonna be hell. Price is better be at his very, very best.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
People don't want to watch a losing hockey team. Last year they started showing impatience. This year, it's gonna be hell. Price is better be at his very, very best.

You really think we can contend this year? No chance in hell. Maybe fight for a playoffs spot but even that... management knows it needs a rebuild

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So is this kid a center or winger?

hard to say at this point, it's still early in his development. I saw him at 16/17 and while I liked him a lot he had size, strength, speed and skating issues. If that improves I think he can be a center on a top team in the NHL due to smarts and skills, if he remains undersized, not the best skater, lacking that extra gear he might need to be on the wing.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This season

If we gonna tank at least tank it good by playing the youngins

That's the worst idea, see: Edmonton Oilers, Buffalo Sabres, etc.

You do not introduce kids into the NHL who aren't clearly ready for it, by putting them above their heads and getting rekt every night.

Let Andrew Shaw bear the burden of winning 20 games next year.. not Kotkaniemi and Suzuki

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

You really want Kotkaniemi's and Suzuki's confidence been shredded apart on a losing, super weak team ? they are far to be ready for NHL anyway...

if you want to crash that bad, play Daniel Audette and McCarron, and DLR at centre for the whole season.

Yeah, you don't want youngsters to lose that much. Look at the Oilers.

Plus, look at Mete last season. he was ok, but I don't think losing that much and forced into a top-pairing role was best for him.

Reactions: Runner77 and cphabs

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

f*** Molson. This shit show is on him and I hope people hit him right at the only place we can hit rich spoiled morons ; their pockets.

Reactions: Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't think its much of a debate to be honest.

Kotkaniemi was a top 10 prospect on our top 100 list.
Suzuki was 28th (still considerably ahead of Poehling).

Would we have traded the number 3 overall pick for Suzuki? I wouldn't.

Would a team have traded the number 3 pick, plus Tatar, plus a second for Pacioretty? I don't think so.
It depends how you want to look at it. But I just see more offensive upside in Suzuki. I think he’s the more likely of the two to be a 70+ point player. Kotkaniemi is the more likely center though.

Jul 6, 2016
hard to say at this point, it's still early in his development. I saw him at 16/17 and while I liked him a lot he had size, strength, speed and skating issues. If that improves I think he can be a center on a top team in the NHL due to smarts and skills, if he remains undersized, not the best skater, lacking that extra gear he might need to be on the wing.

Not that bad....:sarcasm:

Jul 6, 2016
If Suzuki is a small right winger with lots of issues, why not having drafted Zadina then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad